Jump to content

Form to have a parent visit

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good afternoon everyone,

I've been an American Citizen since a year ago, I've been trying to get my father to visit so he can see his grandson, but everytime we apply for tourist visa, he gets rejected, we also send an invitation letter with but its not working.

Is there an official form to fill so he can travel to USA for a month other than the tourist form. We don't want to do the immigration forms just yet.

Thank you in advance for your time and help,

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, there is just the tourist visa. Some options:

- you go home to show the grandkid

- Meet in another country where it may be easier to get a tourist visa, such as Mexico or Canada.

- Wait a while, try again after increasing his ties to home; for example does he have other grandkids at home he'll want to get back to? own property or a business? Have a good job?

- It is an expensive option, but it usually works- petition him for an immigrant visa. Once he arrives here, have him stay however long he wants, then go back. Once he is back in his country, have him mail the greencard to the local US embassy, and ask for a tourist visa. These are almost always granted.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

there is no such thing as an invitation letter for a visitor visa. He must apply and be approved on his own merits. Having a son in the US actually works against him as they will view him as having immigration intent

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.