Caroline and Phil

Evidences of Relationship - K-1 Visa

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi friends,

I read on this site that we have to send all evidences of relationship and that my fiance and i met in person that we have. Well, a friend of mine is in the same situation (but her K-1 process is aproved, she is going to have her interview) and she said they just sent: the forms, documents, and for evidence only 2 pictures of her and her fiance together. We have:

proof of the flights, hotel, picture of us, flight tickets, telephone bills, e-mails, messenger history and other proofs.

what do you think: should we send only 2 pictures or all our proofs? :help:

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

If that's what you want to send, then that should be fine. Some say photos are secondary, some say they're primary as far as evidence goes. We sent about three. Hope this helps :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

If that's what you want to send, then that should be fine. Some say photos are secondary, some say they're primary as far as evidence goes. We sent about three. Hope this helps :)

But you're from Canada! The relationship evidence question is only applicable to a particular country. Generally, if the beneficiary is from a poorer country, then more evidence is needed.

I would not suggest a K-1 beneficiary going through Manila to only have three photos as relationship evidence. That is a set up for failure.

The OP should ask this question in the regional forum where there are more posters with experience with the particular consulate or embassy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I sent 4, printed on a computer printer at my house. Didn't have any problem. Send more if you have it handy, though it isn't absolutey necessary.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

But you're from Canada! The relationship evidence question is only applicable to a particular country. Generally, if the beneficiary is from a poorer country, then more evidence is needed.

I would not suggest a K-1 beneficiary going through Manila to only have three photos as relationship evidence. That is a set up for failure.

The OP should ask this question in the regional forum where there are more posters with experience with the particular consulate or embassy.

I was addressing the basic question of photos...and I am not from Canada, I am the USC. I am sure the photo issue is different from consulate to consulate. From what I've been reading and understanding here, evidence of a real relationship is looked at more closely at the interview stage.

Forgive me if you feel I misled the OP.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Friends thank you for the answers.

So do you think if we send all proofs we have (or most of them), could it help us?

I have this doubt beause my friend said that a lot of porrfs could "confuse" Immigration. I can't understand how could the proofs confuse them if we need to have the evidences. I thought that sending lots of proofs we could help them.

Edited by Lis_Cindy

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

So do you think if we send all proofs we have (or most of them), could it help us?

You should fill in your timeline. We don't know if you're sending the relationship proof with the petition or for the interview.

Timeline

You should fill in your timeline. We don't know if you're sending the relationship proof with the petition or for the interview.

Oh sorry, we don't have timeline yet because we are sending the relationship proof with the petition.

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You should send what proof you have. As it states in the K1 guide, a few pieces of each type of proof is best. I sent 4 pictures, printed on a single sheet, 4 e-mails from various dates, parts of phone records covering the entire period, copies of itineraries and boarding passes, along with copies of receipts for the engagement ring. I personally think more is better, but within reason. :yes:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The key to the I-129f submission is showing that you have met in the last two years.

The I-129f petition is like a puzzle, and the documents you send along with it are the pieces. Do the pieces fit together to make a complete picture?

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

thank you friends :D

I think those proof that we have will be good for us.

I have my passport too (with Canadian Visa). Maybe a copy of this page could be good too.

I don't know what my friend meant saying we could "confuse" immigration sending those proof.

We just want to organize and to help them because all those things prooves our relationship is true.

This can show our love is true and we want to be together forever. :luv::luv:

If someone else has more opinion please reply me.

We have our timeline now!

Edited by Lis_Cindy

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I sent evrything...about 15 copy of our pictures, copy of emails, copy of phone bills, ticket, hotel receipts.... My lawyer said the more you send it's better...

Good luck :thumbs:

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

I think we are talking about 2 different things here. For the I-129F application you only need to prove that you have met in the last 2 years, you are able to marry and you intend to marry. When the fiance goes in for the interview THAT is when the boatload of evidence is needed. The consule is the one that determains if the relationship is bonified. At least that is my understanding of things. For my part I am going to make sure that Luz needs a wheelbarrow to carry all the evidence into her interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Send the pictures, those are fine and send a copy of the airline intinerary and/or a photocopy of your passport showing the stamped dates. The rest you can save as supporting evidence if there is an interview.

Hope this helps (F)

what do you think: should we send only 2 pictures or all our proofs?

Yes, sending one or two photos has been enough for some that have petitioned but IMO they are in the minority. Why risk an RFE when you have other evidence you can submit that together forms stronger overall picture that you have indeed met within the required 2 year period. Answer question 18 giving details of how you met and when, and submit the evidence that you have to support that.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.