fmonda

LIVING IN IZMIR TURKEY SAME SEX MARRIAGE

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

MY PARTNER AND I MARRIED IN SOUTH AFRICA THIS YEAR, I RESIDE HERE IN TURKEY AND AM A AMERICAN NATIONAL. HOW DO WE DO DIRECT CONSULAR FILING ITS NOT AVAILABLE HERE BUT IN GREECE IT IS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I UNDERSTAND IF THE USCIS OFFICE IN GREECE HAS JURISDICTION OVER TURKEY THEY CAN .HELP

To do consular filling you have to be a resident of Greece which you are not therefor you cannot do this and need to file for the spouse visa in the u.s.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just because they have jurisdiction does not mean it is possible to to direct consular filling with them, like I mentioned you would have to be a resident of Greece not turkey . They have jurisdiction over certain countries in case of emergency or other circumstances for those citizens .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Are you an American National or a US citizen? That will also make a difference.

BTW, typing ALL IN CAPS is considered shouting/ rude, and may put some people off replying to you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

File using your Turkish address. That ought to get your file kicked to the Turkish embassy for processing at some point giving you a version of DCF.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Kind of off topic but you are so lucky to live in Izmir! I am from the US and I lived in Izmir for 10 months in 2012 and 2013 and I miss it so much!

I-129F Sent: 10/10/2014

NOA1: 11/3/2014

NOA2: 12/08/2014

Interview:4/27/2015

221g denial for missing police clearence
Recieved Police Clearance on 6/1/2015
Sent Police Clearance and Passport to embassy on 6/2/2015
CEAC Status updates:
6/9/2015- AP
6/10/2015-AP
6/22/2015- AP
6/24/2015- READY
Case Creation Date Changed: 6/24/2015
Changed from Immigrant to Non-IV visa: 6/24/2015
6/25/2015- AP again :(
6/29/2015- ISSUED!
7/01/2015- Visa in hand

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I was born in New York and I'm American

Still there is a difference between a US National and a US citizen. As Penguin pointed out that can have some weight on the process.

http://www.***removed***/immigration/us-national.html

THANKS ANYWAY , I WROTE THE GREEK EMBASSY TO ASK FOR THEY HAVE JURISDICTION OF TURKEY FOR AMERICANS AND DIFFERENT SITUATIONS.

Inable for the Athen's field office to adjudicate over your case, you will need to reside in Greece. Usually 6 months residency is required.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

File using your Turkish address. That ought to get your file kicked to the Turkish embassy for processing at some point giving you a version of DCF.

what do you exactly mean by that? my husband is in the military and he will be leaving here in May so we want to be able to start to process here can you inform me about that please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.