Boiler

Obama uses N word

77 posts in this topic

What I do not get is that the n-word is fine but unless you are black saying the full word is not.

It's not fine. Folks think it is because some people say it. Folks use deductive reasoning to validate this kind of thinking.

I heard black people say this word yesterday

I heard black people say this word today

Therefore, all black people must say this word.

Many black people don't condone it's usage, but folks only are concerned about the ones that do.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's this sort of thing that makes a sane person shudder to think about the artifacts one leaves about oneself online and IRL.

you better clean that mess up!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not fine. Folks think it is because some people say it. Folks use deductive reasoning to validate this kind of thinking.

Many black people don't condone it's usage, but folks only are concerned about the ones that do.

The President of the USA used it today. I would call him more than "some" people

He is the leader of the free world and in truth he is the leader of strongest country in the world...

It's this sort of thing that makes a sane person shudder to think about the artifacts one leaves about oneself online and IRL.

I'm glad they used good judgement and left it out of the trial. Muslims were already being blamed for 9/11, if that would have been tied to Islam as well...

The President of the USA used it today. I would call him more than "some" people

He is the leader of the free world and in truth he is the leader of strongest country in the world...

Yes, he used it to talk about the subject. If a white person did the same thing, I wouldn't be upset. Because I know the difference between calling someone that and using it in context to explain why it shouldn't be said.

So, do you think President speaks for every single black person in the US?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I'm glad they used good judgement and left it out of the trial. Muslims were already being blamed for 9/11, if that would have been tied to Islam as well...

Yes, he used it to talk about the subject. If a white person did the same thing, I wouldn't be upset. Because I know the difference between calling someone that and using it in context to explain why it shouldn't be said.

So, do you think President speaks for every single black person in the US?

He is the voice of the USA, He is our elected leader.

He speaks for everyone, especially what people outside the USA see.

When was the last time a President used the N word, I am thinking Lyndon Johnson era.....

He is the voice of the USA, He is our elected leader.

He speaks for everyone, especially what people outside the USA see.

When was the last time a President used the N word, I am thinking Lyndon Johnson era.....

Personally, I'm glad he brought it up. It's way past time this discussion needs to be had.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Personally, I'm glad he brought it up. It's way past time this discussion needs to be had.

Obama is in the end of his run, He is a lame duck President. He had the USA and congress in his hand after he was elected. He has only had failure at most of his programs ranging from the economy, to ObamaCare to gun control and immigration. Basically anything he does now is too little and way too late.

Since he has been in office he had the chance to end racial tension and since he has been in office I have never seen racial tension higher than they are now.

His bet option is to be like Jimmy Carter and try to salvage his reputation and try to do good things in retirement..

Obama is in the end of his run, He is a lame duck President. He had the USA and congress in his hand after he was elected. He has only had failure at most of his programs ranging from the economy, to ObamaCare to gun control and immigration. Basically anything he does now is too little and way too late.

Since he has been in office he had the chance to end racial tension and since he has been in office I have never seen racial tension higher than they are now.

His bet option is to be like Jimmy Carter and try to salvage his reputation and try to do good things in retirement..

That's your opinion. To some he's a lame duck, others he's good.

Second, what could he have done to ease racial tensions? Folks act like racism didn't exist before he took office. Racial tensions have always been around, more folks are aware of it because of his skin color. It's funny because when he's doing something or speaking out on racism or even trying to help black people it's said he's not helping out Americans, if he doesn't speak out on it, he's ignoring us.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So one person is responsible for ending racial tension built up by centuries of abuse of black people originally brought over here as slaves. And that person should be a black person who didn't create the racial tension to begin with. Ok. That's realistic. How about white people end racial tension?

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

LOL...how society has changed.

That was what black friends and I (Asian American) called each other (yes...each other) all the time back in 70's.

That's how we bonded.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are missing the point, I can say N-Word on her no issue.

If I spelt it out then the filter would kick in.

Likewise in conversation, was discussing the coverage and everybody was calling it the N-Word, no issue,

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”