SeanN

Delay in Delivery of Approved Visas

687 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just saw this update on travel.state.gov.It might be a typo but they are saying 165 posts counts for 85% which doesn't make sense as it said 50 yesterday counts for 75%

It does make sense (unfortunately), the percentages are the demand for visas, not the whole number of posts. These 165 posts satisfy 85% of demand, the previous 50 handled 75%, meaning the newly re-activated posts are collectively small and handle 10% of demand.

Service Center : Texas Service Center (TSC)

I-129F Sent: 11/20/2014

I-129F NOA1: 11/26/2014

I-129F NOA2: 04/27/2015

I-129F NOA2 Hard copy: 04/29/2015

I-129F NOA2 Sent to NVC: 05/06/2015

NVC received: 5/12/2015 (in "Pre-sort")

NVC assigned case number: 05/14/2015

NVC sent to Embassy: 05/18/2015

Embassy received: 05/25/2015

Packet 3 received: 05/28/2015

Medical: 05/25/2015

Interview: 06/08/2015

VISA issued:

Arrival in US:

It does make sense (unfortunately), the percentages are the demand for visas, not the whole number of posts. These 165 posts satisfy 85% of demand, the previous 50 handled 75%, meaning the newly re-activated posts are collectively small and handle 10% of demand.

ah ok thanks. I was thinking it was a typo or they are just feeding us numbers to make us happy :P

I did see that our case status updated today but still says Ready. Has not gone to AP yet. Interview was June 16th. Hopefully we get results soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got this email this afternoon from Montreal. I had inquired last friday to the situation.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email!

The systems issues that have interfered with our visa processing the last two weeks have been resolved. Consular staff are busy printing visas and preparing them for return to their owners. Applicants who had successful interviews should expect their passports and U.S. visas soon.

Best regards,

Super vague as usual but I hope they clear through the backlog quick.

June 16th: IR-1 Interview in Montreal. Approved

June 16th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 25th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 30th: Case Status as "Ready"

July 1st: Case Status as "Ready"

July 2nd: Case Status as "ISSUED"

July 8th: Waybill # received

July 9th: Visa pickup

July 9th: POE

Timeline

I got this email this afternoon from Montreal. I had inquired last friday to the situation.

Good afternoon,

The systems issues that have interfered with our visa processing the last two weeks have been resolved. Consular staff are busy printing visas and preparing them for return to their owners. Applicants who had successful interviews should expect their passports and U.S. visas soon.

Best regards,

That's great! We are approved but our status hasn't changed yet, it's still showing ready...I just hope they get going quickly with this.

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Timeline

That's great! We are approved but our status hasn't changed yet, it's still showing ready...I just hope they get going quickly with this.

Yeah mine is still showing as "ready" as well, my interview was on the 16th. Hoping those who's status changes to issued will post here so we can get an idea of how long it will take!

Edited by canadagirl89

June 16th: IR-1 Interview in Montreal. Approved

June 16th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 25th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 30th: Case Status as "Ready"

July 1st: Case Status as "Ready"

July 2nd: Case Status as "ISSUED"

July 8th: Waybill # received

July 9th: Visa pickup

July 9th: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Good afternoon,

Best regards,

How come you guys get exclamation marks!? Hahaha! Great news for you!

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Happy for everyone who got their visas issued. Here in manila there is still no update or progress. Nothing changes in my status in ceac nor in passport/visa tracking. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy for everyone who got their visas issued. Here in manila there is still no update or progress. Nothing changes in my status in ceac nor in passport/visa tracking. :(

Does anyone have the link for tracking your passport? Not sure if it matters where you interviewed at but I had mine at Montreal.

Timeline

Interviewed on June 9. Ceac status still says ready for interview.

im the exact same.

and mine says i am "ready" to book an interview at the montreal consulate

when i already HAD my interview on june 9 at the vancouver consulate

and was approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Does anyone have the link for tracking your passport? Not sure if it matters where you interviewed at but I had mine at Montreal.

Not everyone has a passport tracker, unfortunately. You have to go on your consulate's page and see if it's there. Ecuador doesn't have one :(

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

Not everyone has a passport tracker, unfortunately. You have to go on your consulate's page and see if it's there. Ecuador doesn't have one :(

Thanks for the info! I'll have to take a look

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

its usually in ustraveldocs.com ... try to check it out.

11/9/2015 sent AOS/EAD/AP application to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/2015 received a text message of receipt of application

11/18/2015 received written notification for the 3 applications

11/24/2015 received a notice of biometric appoint on 12/8/2015

12/8/2015 did the biometrics

1/16/2016 case update: "card production was ordered on 1/16/2015

1/19/2016 case update: case was approved

1/21/2016 case update: card was mailed

1/23/2016 received welcom letter :)

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Filed: Timeline

Hi! B1/B2 visa

Interview was on 11th June and got approved. Status on ceac was "Ready" for 12 days and switched to AP on the 23rd of June. Has been on AP since. I read that once it moves to AP after ready its only a matter of a few hours to one day for it to be issued. If so, seeing that I'm stuck on AP for 3 days now, should I be concerned?

The passport tracker also stopped working for me today. Said its still in the US embassy the past 2 weeks but today it says "No status update available for the given passport number". Ummmm... :/

Flight on 2nd July. So worried.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi! B1/B2 visa

Interview was on 11th June and got approved. Status on ceac was "Ready" for 12 days and switched to AP on the 23rd of June. Has been on AP since. I read that once it moves to AP after ready its only a matter of a few hours to one day for it to be issued. If so, seeing that I'm stuck on AP for 3 days now, should I be concerned?

The passport tracker also stopped working for me today. Said its still in the US embassy the past 2 weeks but today it says "No status update available for the given passport number". Ummmm... :/

Flight on 2nd July. So worried.

Yes after ap changes to issued mine changes ready for interview to ap yesterday today issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.