977 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi. im just wondering they might look for the letter from the embassy if I will go to the clinic at Saint Lukes Extention. I am planning to have my medical on Monday but a bit hesitant since they might check for the letter from embassy and I dont have it yet :(

As what ive know and read u can just screenshot the status that its Ready..

????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello guys!!! After calling for about 2 weeks every day 3 times a day lol I finally got through and it's been received!!! For those of you applying (Colombian embassy) should I wait until the application arrives to the embassy first so my fiance can start setting up the doctors appointments and interview? And also when should I send him the affidavit of support, paystubs? What other docs he need from me? Does he take these to the interview? I'll be going with him....thank you and congrats to all the ones that are receiving good news =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance received Packet 3 in the mail today.

The documents he received are the exact documents I received via email on August 7

That saved me a week.

1. Medical Form (was advised to bring $300) Scheduled for August 21, 9am (One week before the interview date)

2. Appointment Instructions (Must have Non Impediment Certificate $100) ( Police Certificate $60)

3. I134 Form

4. Fiance Checklist (Birth Certificate, Passport, Photos, Visa Fee)

July 19, 2013 We Met in Jamaica

June 01 2015 K1 Sent

June 02 2015 K1 Received

June 04 2015 NOA1 Hard Copy

July 07 2015 NOA2 Via Email/Text

July 11 2015 NOA2 Hard Copy

July 23 2015 Case/Invoice via Phone

July 30 2015 In Transit to Consular

July 30 2015 CASE IS READY

August 07 2015 Rcvd Email instruction

August 07 2015 Visa Paid $265

August 07 2015 Signed UP for DHL

August 21 2015 Medical Appointment

August 28 2015 Interview Date SET!

Sept 10 2015 Visa in Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello guys!!! After calling for about 2 weeks every day 3 times a day lol I finally got through and it's been received!!! For those of you applying (Colombian embassy) should I wait until the application arrives to the embassy first so my fiance can start setting up the doctors appointments and interview? And also when should I send him the affidavit of support, paystubs? What other docs he need from me? Does he take these to the interview? I'll be going with him....thank you and congrats to all the ones that are receiving good news =)

CONGRATS!! :joy:

July 19, 2013 We Met in Jamaica

June 01 2015 K1 Sent

June 02 2015 K1 Received

June 04 2015 NOA1 Hard Copy

July 07 2015 NOA2 Via Email/Text

July 11 2015 NOA2 Hard Copy

July 23 2015 Case/Invoice via Phone

July 30 2015 In Transit to Consular

July 30 2015 CASE IS READY

August 07 2015 Rcvd Email instruction

August 07 2015 Visa Paid $265

August 07 2015 Signed UP for DHL

August 21 2015 Medical Appointment

August 28 2015 Interview Date SET!

Sept 10 2015 Visa in Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hi. im just wondering they might look for the letter from the embassy if I will go to the clinic at Saint Lukes Extention. I am planning to have my medical on Monday but a bit hesitant since they might check for the letter from embassy and I dont have it yet :(

I would ask the Philippines forum. I know you can in Germany as long as you have your NVC number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got a notification tonight that they received my RFE and they're working on the case again. YAY!

K1

06.17.2015 - I-129F Sent

06.19.2015 - I-129F Delivered

06.24.2015 - Check cashed, Electronic NOA1

06.29.2015 - Hard copy NOA1 (NOA1 Date 06.23.2015)

08.04.2015 - Notice of RFE

08.10.2015 - RFE in mail (long form birth certificate)

08.14.2015 - RFE received notification (email)

08.24.2015 - NOA2

09.15.2015 - Case # from NVC

09.28.2015 - Logged at MTL (status "Ready")

09.28.2015 - Emailed Packet 3 to MTL

09.29.2015 - Packet 4 received via email

11.16.2015 - Medical in Toronto

12.17.2015 - Interview in Montreal -- Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

So I waited on hold with the NVC for an hour and a half tonight. I finally got through to someone who obviously doesn't know much. They said my case was received on the 10th but it was just put in the system. I said okay, so what's my number and they were like oh, it's in the system but it takes 30 days to get a case number. Anyone else have an issue with this? I'm calling Monday again to ask for it as it's almost time for them to close. We would like to schedule the medical while I'm over here because the future husband has a thing about needles and needs me to hold his hand lol! Crossing my fingers I find out Monday what the case number is.

This journey isn't easy...we went over many hurdles along the way... We are together now, 4 years going strong... It's never impossible, it is a matter of having the strength and love to conquer all things along the way! 

(K-1 Process)(I 601 Waiver Process)(AOS, EAD & AP)

June 13th 2015- Filed 1-129f

June 19th 2015- NOA1 Received!

July 21st 2015- NOA2 Received!

August 10th 2015- NVC Received!

August 17th 2015- Case # Received over phone!

August 21st 2015- Embassy in Sydney Received!

August 27th 2015- Packet 3 Received!

August 29th 2015- Police Fingerprinting Done!

September 1st 2015- Packet 4 Received!

September 15th 2015- Interview in Sydney!

September 18th 2015- Medical in Brisbane!

September 23rd 2015- Letter from Medical Received!

October 17th 2015- CEAC changed to refused 

October 17th - November 10th 2015- emails and phone calls placed to embassy to inquire on our case

November 12th 2015- Email from embassy confirming refusal with news that we qualify for a waiver!

November 18th 2015- Received package from embassy on our denial and waiver information

March 7th 2016- I-601 Waiver overnighted to lockbox

March 8th 2016- I-601 Waiver delivered to lockbox and received (According to Website)

March 12th 2016- I-601 Waiver received (Text and email message verifying)

November 2016- Sent inquiry on I-601 (Was told it was still in line, contact in 60 days if no decision made)

January 31st 2017- Called NCSC to talk to tier 2 officer. Was informed it was with an officer and a decision should be made in 15 days

February 9th 2017- USCIS updated our case to approved! (February 8th was the date listed) 

February 12th 2017- Received updated instructions

February 13th 2017- Received official approval letter in the mail/ Booked medical in Brisbane. 

February 20th 2017- Medical in Brisbane

February 27th 2017- Picked up Medical Packet

February 28th 2017- Second interview and immediate approval! 

March 6th, 2017- K-1 Visa Issued

March 16th 2017- He arrives home : POE LAX 

May 27th 2017- We are finally married! 

June 13th 2017- AOS, EAD and AP go out in the mail

June 19th 2017- NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP 

So I waited on hold with the NVC for an hour and a half tonight. I finally got through to someone who obviously doesn't know much. They said my case was received on the 10th but it was just put in the system. I said okay, so what's my number and they were like oh, it's in the system but it takes 30 days to get a case number. Anyone else have an issue with this? I'm calling Monday again to ask for it as it's almost time for them to close. We would like to schedule the medical while I'm over here because the future husband has a thing about needles and needs me to hold his hand lol! Crossing my fingers I find out Monday what the case number is.

Ha. He definitely need you there on his medical. Lol. Goodluck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Got a notification tonight that they received my RFE and they're working on the case again. YAY!

Hi Abbyhawk,how did you receive the notification? Did you have to sign in your USCIS account or was it by email?

Timeline

guys i have q quick question my income was 22k last year and my stupid accountant made alot of deductions!16k! i dont know whats my gross income now..do i have to minus the 16k deduction to my 22k income?

guys i have q quick question my income was 22k last year and my stupid accountant made alot of deductions!16k! i dont know whats my gross income now..do i have to minus the 16k deduction to my 22k income?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Abbyhawk,how did you receive the notification? Did you have to sign in your USCIS account or was it by email?

I registered my case # at uscis.gov and checked the box to receive text and email notifications. So when there was an update, I received an email alerting me that there was a change. But when I go to check the status online it shows the same message, so either way you should be able to find out.

Good luck!

K1

06.17.2015 - I-129F Sent

06.19.2015 - I-129F Delivered

06.24.2015 - Check cashed, Electronic NOA1

06.29.2015 - Hard copy NOA1 (NOA1 Date 06.23.2015)

08.04.2015 - Notice of RFE

08.10.2015 - RFE in mail (long form birth certificate)

08.14.2015 - RFE received notification (email)

08.24.2015 - NOA2

09.15.2015 - Case # from NVC

09.28.2015 - Logged at MTL (status "Ready")

09.28.2015 - Emailed Packet 3 to MTL

09.29.2015 - Packet 4 received via email

11.16.2015 - Medical in Toronto

12.17.2015 - Interview in Montreal -- Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I registered my case # at uscis.gov and checked the box to receive text and email notifications. So when there was an update, I received an email alerting me that there was a change. But when I go to check the status online it shows the same message, so either way you should be able to find out.

Good luck!

Thank you Abby

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Former tax accountant here. Your accountant isn't stupid if they are proper deductions. I am slightly curious how they squeezed 16K of deductions out of 22K of income. I am guessing you mean deductions and exemptions. In which case, please understand tax law before calling someone stupid.

Your gross is 22K.

Timeline

Former tax accountant here. Your accountant isn't stupid if they are proper deductions. I am slightly curious how they squeezed 16K of deductions out of 22K of income. I am guessing you mean deductions and exemptions. In which case, please understand tax law before calling someone stupid.

Your gross is 22K.

well i can call him stupid for causing me this trouble... he didnt ask me about the deductions he made.and i dont knw about those deductions!saying that i bought food for my patients laptop.etc...this will caused me my chance of approval...in line 22. is only 5k...i have the right to get upset.u know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.