990 posts in this topic

Hi Rachel,

I'm confused. When you sent your AOS to NVC was it 2014 information and they approved it? If so, in P4 did they request a joint sponsor for.the interview?

Which form did he file 1040 or 1040ez, you mentioned adjusted income which is for 1040ez. Regular 1040 use total income.

Hi yes NVC approved us AOS and everything we sent 2014 tax information, my P4 letter does not mention anything about a joint sponsor. My husband fill 1040 not 1040ez. I might get confused with total income and adjusted gross income. On question 13a. We wrote

Line 22 of 1040, Total income which is 14,709.00 cuz my husband does deductions.

And on question 5 and 10 we wrote 52,000 which is his individual annual income, we sent 4 pay stubs and an a Job letter stating his annual income. Also 1099 which say 48,000 as Gross income.

We have never been asked for Joint sponsor but I was told line 22 of 1040 is what we need to cover our household size which is 5, and on that line Total income it says 14,709.00, Q.13a. So we guess that is not enough cuz poverty guideline says we need 35,512.00

Edited by Rachel23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi yes NVC approved us AOS and everything we sent 2014 tax information, my P4 letter does not mention anything about a joint sponsor. My husband fill 1040 not 1040ez. I might get confused with total income and adjusted gross income. On question 13a. We wrote k

Line 22 of 1040, Total income which is 14,709.00 cuz my husband does deductions.

And on question 5 and 10 we wrote 52,000 which is his individual annual income, we sent 4 pay stubs and an a Job letter stating his annual income. Also 1099 which say 48,000 as Gross income.

We have never been asked for Joint sponsor but I was told line 22 of 1040 is what we need, to cover our household size which is 5, and on that line Total income it says 14,709.00, Q.13a. So we guess that is not enough cuz poverty guideline says we need 35,512.00

Go with what you have and just hope for the best. Don't just chuck it all now.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Go with what you have and just hope for the best. Don't just chuck it all now.

Thank you, we will try to relax.

Timeline

Thank you, we will try to relax.

Rachel23 with all this Visa mess going on and that beautiful smile of yours. I bet they don;t even ask for updated anything. It will be fine. Just watch. They have bigger fish to fry. :goofy:

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Rachel23 with all this Visa mess going on and that beautiful smile of yours. I bet they don;t even ask for updated anything. It will be fine. Just watch. They have bigger fish to fry. :goofy:

You really made me smile today, I really appreciate it. Thank you so much

God bless you, You're an angel.

Called NVC and asked if we were going to need a Joint sponsor and the rep said we just recommend you to bring your Tax. So I told him about my husband individual annual income 52,000 and Q.13a Affidavit of support Total income 14,709 and he said, he earns enough and I said 52,000 then he said we didn't ask for a Joint sponsor but if u and your husband think a joint sponsor will make u feel more financial support then bring one but it is up to you.

Oh Lord we are mess up. Lol

Called NVC and asked if we were going to need a Joint sponsor and the rep said we just recommend you to bring your Tax. So I told him about my husband individual annual income 52,000 and Q.13a Affidavit of support Total income 14,709 and he said, he earns enough and I said 52,000 then he said we didn't ask for a Joint sponsor but if u and your husband think a joint sponsor will make u feel more financial support then bring one but it is up to you.

Agree with the rep, they look at current annual income, which he makes enough. Dnt worry just take the information you provided if the CO would need a joint sponsor they will.give you the paper requesting just that form.

Breath, God is with you and He will make you a ranita!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

52k is more than enough. I highly doubt you would need a co- sponsor.

Agree with the rep, they look at current annual income, which he makes enough. Dnt worry just take the information you provided if the CO would need a joint sponsor they will.give you the paper requesting just that form.

Breath, God is with you and He will make you a ranita!!!

Thanks for ur good wishes. I am leaving it in God hands so I gonna take a deep breath now and relax. Going to my medical exam Next Friday.

VAC on July 1.

Hubby is coming on July 15 just one day before interview cuz he boss didnt allow him to come before. July 15-19.

Wish u guys the best interview ever. :dance:

52k is more than enough. I highly doubt you would need a co- sponsor.

Thanks for ur answer it makes me feel better.

Timeline

Thanks for ur good wishes. I am leaving it in God hands so I gonna take a deep breath now and relax. Going to my medical exam Next Friday.

VAC on July 1.

Hubby is coming on July 15 just one day before interview cuz he boss didnt allow him to come before. July 15-19.

Wish u guys the best interview ever. :dance:

PLus I thought its only when you are self employed adjusted income becomes a huge factor since they can deduct about anything. Rachel23 you are good. July 15 is coming fast. :goofy:

Edited by dwheels76

ROC I-751

N-400

PLus I thought its only when you are self employed adjusted income becomes a huge factor since they can deduct about anything. Rachel23 you are good. July 15 is coming fast. :goofy:

Thanks Dwheels I am so happy now I can sleep. Lol

He is not self employed but he receives 1099 instead of W2 so that's why he can makes deductions.

:dance:

Filed: Timeline

Thank you Ntwiga! This waiting is very frustrating... Please PM me the process how it was from arrival at embassy to exit..

Hi CeeMu

My husband arrived at the embassy at 6.25 am, his interview was at 6.30. There are guards who directed him to where he was to sit. There was a group of other people. Here he was asked for the interview letter and passport.

There are several security checks 3 in total. The next step he takes a number and waits for the number to be called, here he was asked who invited him. He was asked for his original civil documents (copies of which I had submitted to NVC). Then he was told to sit down.

The next time his number was called, he went for biometrics. Then he was told to sit down and wait.

The next step he go his name called out, he proceeded to a window where he was directed. He found an African American woman, he was sworn in before anything. Then the questions followed concerning our relationship. How we met, where I work, how many kids. After a few questions it was all over.

My husband told me confidence is most important. He was not asked for any AOS document or even the DS 230. I did my 2014 taxes at the beginning of February so I had used the 2014 taxes when sending the AOS. No other document was asked. The whole process took about 5 hours and 30 minutes. It advisable not to drive because there is no parking, one should be dropped instead. I hope this gives you an idea don't hesitate to ask.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations.

Hi Dwheels, did my interview on June 18 at Montreal consulate and was approved, was told to wait a few weeks for visa to print..Just want to say thanks for all ur advise...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.