Boiler

United Airlines Is Being Boycotted After 'Islamophobic' Treatment Of Muslim University Chaplain Tahera Ahmad

95 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I agree, but here it seems to be that folks who make racist and bigoted remarks are untouched(although to be fair, there has been some cracking down) and the folks(like you and me) who make fun of it are called out...

You can bet your last buck that even the most hard core southern cracker redneck secretly shudders at the thought of being trapped on a plane with a whole load of his beer-drinking fellows.

With that in mind - it was funny.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Was not out of line. I'm a redneck too. That makes it OK to make fun when other rednecks act stupid.

If they don't like it, I guess they could always man up and try not to be terrified of a Muslim lady with an empty coke can. Good thing it wasn't an international flight and <gasp OMG RUN!!!!> someone loaned her a pen to fill out the customs forms.

Then the hoodrat comment was surely not out of line either since that was what they were acting like right??

both good, both bad, or cry baby hypocrites, Take your pick and lets stop the stupid whining in the other threads if it is all good.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Then the hoodrat comment was surely not out of line either since that was what they were acting like right??

both good, both bad, or cry baby hypocrites, Take your pick and lets stop the stupid whining in the other threads if it is all good.

How were they acting like hood rats? All I saw was a bunch of kids trying to break up a fight and run away from a cop who was grabbing and sitting on a 14 year old girl in a bikini. What's hood rat about that?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure if this has been brought up cus I didn't read the whole thread. The reason this happened is simple. On United domestic flights, you don't get an entire can to yourself. The complementary cans are shared, meaning the end consumer only gets a glass with ice and soda poured in it. Whats left in the can after the small glass is filled will be used for the next person. If you order beer, you get the whole thing because you pay for the whole thing.

How were they acting like hood rats? All I saw was a bunch of kids trying to break up a fight and run away from a cop who was grabbing and sitting on a 14 year old girl in a bikini. What's hood rat about that?

You're not supposed to run away from a cop when he tells you to stay put. No wonder you guys get shot all the time.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Not sure if this has been brought up cus I didn't read the whole thread. The reason this happened is simple. On United domestic flights, you don't get an entire can to yourself. The complementary cans are shared, meaning the end consumer only gets a glass with ice and soda poured in it. Whats left in the can after the small glass is filled will be used for the next person. If you order beer, you get the whole thing because you pay for the whole thing.

I recently flew to Hartford via Dulles on United. LAX-Dulles: entire can of club soda without asking for it (I thanked the flight attendant profusely). Dulles-Hartford: small cup of club soda. :-(

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

You're not supposed to run away from a cop when he tells you to stay put. No wonder you guys get shot all the time.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/12/02/video-car-thief-flees-california-cops-skateboard-gets-stopped-reality-tv-star-lou-pizarro

Guess it doesn't count when you skateboard away. :goofy:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I recently flew to Hartford via Dulles on United. LAX-Dulles: entire can of club soda without asking for it (I thanked the flight attendant profusely). Dulles-Hartford: small cup of club soda. :-(

Depends on the flight attendant. I've asked a few times. Sometime its works and sometimes it doesn't. Usually has more to do with the flight being full or not and where you are in the plane. If you're closer to the back, they're less worried about running out.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I boycott Untied Airlines out of a need to get where I need to go, when I need to get there. :(

All else, including the in-flight (lack of decent) service merely confirms how badly I miss Continental. :mellow:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

With Terrorists boycotting United have you though of reconsidering?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

With Terrorists boycotting United have you though of reconsidering?

Where does it say Terrorists boycotting United?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

The Coke Lady has it in hand.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The Coke Lady has it in hand.

Where does it say she's a terrorist?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Nowhere I have seen?

Now I am intrigued!