15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am now at the step in the visa process where I need to file the DS-260. The nvc.state.gov webpage says:

After you pay your fees, you and each qualified family member immigrating with you must complete the Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (Form DS-260) in the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC). You may wish to preview a sample icon_pdf_small.png DS-260 (PDF - 6.4MB) before beginning.

The webpage quoted above says, 'We understand some people are experiencing problems accessing DS-260' or something similar. It has said this for weeks. Of course, my email inquiry to the State Department was ignored.

Is there an alternative way of filing DS-260? Can I do it by postal mail, for example?

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This nvc ppl are really tearing family apart. Our 30 days is up today, Still checklist hasn't been reviewed for our case to be complete, I'm really worrying, because I left my husband right after our wedding to come back to work, so we haven't really enjoyed our marriage, it's been five months now, God help me.

This nvc ppl are really tearing family apart. Our 30 days is up today, Still checklist hasn't been reviewed for our case to be complete, I'm really worrying, because I left my husband right after our wedding to come back to work, so we haven't really enjoyed our marriage, it's been five months now, God help me.

5 months is a fairly short time thus far. Most are about a year, and some people have to wait several years.

Hopefully the DOS gets the website fixed soon. Looks like some people are able to get into the website.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

5 months is a fairly short time thus far. Most are about a year, and some people have to wait several years.

Hopefully the DOS gets the website fixed soon. Looks like some people are able to get into the website.

i was able to log in today

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Timeline

NLR - You were able to click 'IV APPLICATION' after logging in? Clicking it still does nothing for me. Did you change the browser you were using?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I've been havıng repeated issues wıth paying AOS and IV fees online at CEAC. I wound up mailing our IV fee to NVC in St Louis, but I'm still stuck with the broken CEAC site not able to get to filing out and filing the DS-260 online. Here's the message they now point frustrated users to:

Technological Systems Issue

June 17, 2015

Visa Systems Issues

The Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to experience technical problems with our visa systems. This is a global issue, and we are working around the clock to fix it. More than 100 computer experts from both the private and public sectors across the United States are working on this problem 24/7. That said, we do not expect the system will be online before next week. The problems stem from a hardware failure in a State Department facility in the United States on June 9. That failure is preventing the Department from processing and transmitting biometric data checks at visa-issuing embassies and consulates.

What an amazingly incompetent system. It is 2015, the world runs on complex computer systems. This type of failure sounds like something from 1980's. I don't think it is technical - I think it is some sort of purposeful slowdown - perhaps budgetary?

Edited by bartvon

It was hacked.

No government in the world that uses computer storage and systems is completely immune to a bevy of hackers intent on stealing information.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hopefully the DOS gets the website fixed soon. Looks like some people are able to get into the website. [/quote by God's grace our case completed on June 10, waiting for interview date. ]

By God's grace our case completed on June 10.

Hopefully the DOS gets the website fixed soon. Looks like some people are able to get into the website. [/quote by God's grace our case completed on June 10, waiting for interview date. ]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.