alebella

HELP!They Are Requesting More Evidence!!!! (form I-751)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

It's been more than a year since I've logged on but I need help.

Last year on October 2015 I filed to remove conditions on Residence for my husband. I got a YELLOW LETTER in the mail requesting more evidence. I am not sure now of what to send since my story is a bit complicated. When my husband arrived to the states, We had our own apartment for a few weeks but my father was then severely ill which led to me moving back home to care for him. I also resigned from my full time job in order to focus on school since I received a scholarship. Therefore, I only work part time, we live with our parents (but we pay rent), and the vechicle we have is under my father's name since he has good credit. I'm the only who drives since my husband doesn't have a licensce so I don't know what else to send. Below is the information that I submitted before the letter was sent:

1. bank statement for 3 months

2. 2 affidavit supporting bonofide marriage

3. joint income tax return for 2013 only since it was in October and I hadn't filed for 2014 but I have now

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what I can send or any forms/sample letters that might be useful?

Thanks,

Alejandra

129.gif

"I believe that were there is great love,there always miracles"

1. Bank statements for 3 months isn't usually enough. They want to see joint bank statements covering the whole 2 year span. One per quarter up until the filing will generally do.

2. Affidavits are only so-so evidence - who did you have write letters?

3. If you filed in October 2014, then you must have got your 2 year GC 2 years prior to that - so what about 2012s tax return? Was your husband on that?

More things people include (if you have them):

• Rental agreement - did your parents have you sign anything, or could they sign a letter confirming you live with them?
  • Health / life insurance / 401k beneficiary information.
  • Driving license and his State ID with matching addresses.
  • Utility bills / phone bills with joint names or same addresses.
  • Wills / powers of attorney.
  • Other letters addressed to both of you.

You basically need to show them 2 main things, generally speaking: that you have co-mingled finances (i.e. shared liability) and that you have the same residence.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can also send them a letter explaining the "lack" of proof, ie utilities being in your name and other bills because you live with your parents. Explain the reason you are living with them. Have your parent draft a . Rental agreement and you and your husband can sign it and show that as proof.

Also you can show copies of:

1. Cards exchanged

2. Vehicle insurance cards

3. Pictures of both of you together and with family

4. Bills showing your address (shows proof of residence and relationship)... joint and single accounts.

5. Get a copy of past leases prior to you moving in with y our family if they don't have that.

6. Letters from friends, family, or church members attesting to the validity of your marriage.

7. A letter from your bank stating when you opened your accounts together. (Also add if you have any loans out together).

8. Credit card accounts together?

Hope this helps.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

My husband came over on a k1, received it 2 year GC, we were at the point to renew for the 10 year green card. From the start everything had been so butter smooth, never had a bump in the road, we got over confident when applying for our 10 year green card and I guess they thought we didn't supply enough evidence, and we got that nice little shiny letter too asking for more evidence. That set us back a year and a half. He couldn't renew his driver's license or anything because his papers had expired. Learned our lesson. We finally, after help from the senator got his 10 year GC, then applied for citizenship, and now thankfully the process is over and he's a United States citizen! lol even after I fudged up not signing him up for selective service! Whew!!

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks Everyone for your help and tips

I'm going to look up a rental agreement sample form and make my own and sign it and my parents

He wasn't on my 2012 tax returns because he was still over seas. I will print out 2 years worth of bank statements and send copies of the utility bills and our id's and a letter explaining why we aren't on them as well as sending more pictures.

Our cell phone bill is under my name but he we have two lines, one being his. thanks alot in advance for all your help.

129.gif

"I believe that were there is great love,there always miracles"

Filed: Timeline

1. Bank statements for 3 months isn't usually enough. They want to see joint bank statements covering the whole 2 year span. One per quarter up until the filing will generally do.

2. Affidavits are only so-so evidence - who did you have write letters?

3. If you filed in October 2014, then you must have got your 2 year GC 2 years prior to that - so what about 2012s tax return? Was your husband on that?

More things people include (if you have them):

• Rental agreement - did your parents have you sign anything, or could they sign a letter confirming you live with them?
  • Health / life insurance / 401k beneficiary information.
  • Driving license and his State ID with matching addresses.
  • Utility bills / phone bills with joint names or same addresses.
  • Wills / powers of attorney.
  • Other letters addressed to both of you.

You basically need to show them 2 main things, generally speaking: that you have co-mingled finances (i.e. shared liability) and that you have the same residence.

in regards to this, me and my wife have a shared savings. and separate checking accounts. we will show our shared savings to immigration when we resend some evidence, but we opened seperate checking accounts because thats what we wanted. we havent lived our lives the past 3 years thinking "should we do such and such to prove to immigration", i.e. kids, wills, etc....honestly wills never crossed our minds, and i dont know too many 20 somethings writing up wills....

also, if we have a cell phone account together, but its just in my name, but we have both our names on the lines on the account, should that be ok?

Edited by metsphan23

Timeline

The cell phone account being in your name will be okay, proves residence, and you can also show that she is on your account by showing she has a line on it. Show also the shared savings. If you can get a letter from the bank showing when the account was opened. And if you make regular deposits, show ongoing deposits (how much you deposit each year for 2015, and 2014 and previous). This shows that the account isn't in name only, that it is being used.

I also included 2012 taxes, which my husband filed MFS because he filed as married.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

i dont know too many 20 somethings writing up wills....

Let either one of you try dying without one.

Time passes, lives and property become further intertwined, and wills still aren't on one's mind.

Create the wills and ancillary documents, for ROC purposes if not for "life" purposes.

Absolutely the cruelest thing that one spouse could do to the other is to die intestate.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

in regards to this, me and my wife have a shared savings. and separate checking accounts. we will show our shared savings to immigration when we resend some evidence, but we opened seperate checking accounts because thats what we wanted. We did that also. we havent lived our lives the past 3 years thinking "should we do such and such to prove to immigration", i.e. kids, wills, etc....honestly wills never crossed our minds, and i dont know too many 20 somethings writing up wills....

also, if we have a cell phone account together, but its just in my name, but we have both our names on the lines on the account, should that be ok? Had that and got the RFE.

Agree with Bro TBone. :thumbs:

So what else do you have to prove adequate "marriage bona fides" to USCIS? I related what my wife and I had to do for our very recently successful ROC petition approval at the CSC. Check our timeline. YMMV.

BTW, :time: Where are are you in the immigration process?

Not sure whether we got a real sticky adjudicator, or that is the scheme of things to come for ROC approval. Strongly suggest that your send in as much "bona fide marriage" evidence as possible, or pray that you don't get a picky adjudicator. I mean, come on, it took us almost ten pounds of paper evidence to muster ROC approval. <_<

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.