Villanelle

I wouldn't post on here to save my life

73 posts in this topic

"Could you post an example of a thread that encourage Europeans to circumvent the immigration waiting time by coming over on VWP? It is a violation of TOS to do so"

Why don't you read the whole site sometimes? Esp on the AOS forum. I've seen it happen way too often. And I know you hang out here a lot so do your own homework. And if you don't see an issue, maybe you are part of the problem.

Actually I know for a fact you are also one of those who are biased against South Asians, so you can save your biased opinions. You have gone out of your way to attack South Asians. I have never seen the moderators remove your posts or censor you.

Edited by Morningmist

Its true. I posted about a year or so ago, I wanted info regarding joint bank accounts from other members on which accounts would serve best for removal of conditions. We both wanted our own accounts so we would manage our money however we saw fit. That is the reason why.

Do you think people on here were helpful? They were practically accusing me of wanting to leave my wife. "Why do you want to do this? What is the real reason?"

Unbelievable.

I read the forums, if people can spin their own interpretations into my harmless question, it's scary to come here with a real problem and have all the "experts" jump at your throat.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: Timeline

"Could you post an example of a thread that encourage Europeans to circumvent the immigration waiting time by coming over on VWP? It is a violation of TOS to do so"

Why don't you read the whole site sometimes? Esp on the AOS forum. I've seen it happen way too often. And I know you hang out here a lot so do your own homework. And if you don't see an issue, maybe you are part of the problem.

Actually I know for a fact you are also one of those who are biased against South Asians, so you can save your biased opinions. You have gone out of your way to attack South Asians. I have never seen the moderators remove your posts or censor you.

Because she is also member of the "clique", just look at the Off topic section and see who hangs out with the moderators. Those people never get "censored".

Edited by Mr&MrsJenkins

I agree with Jawaree about the whole bias thing. I've seen people helping some from European countries circumvent the immigration wait time by coming over on the visa waiver and no one went all " It's ILLEGAL BLAH BLAH" but someone asking something fairly legal from a South Asian country, people were all like " IT'S ILLEGAL BLAH BLAH". Seriously? And the moderators did nothing.

Also, information isn't all that "accurate". I was given a nasty reply about some A number issue from a so called "old timer" but all she did was repeat what was fed to her on this site over and over again and not that she actually "KNEW" from experience or knowledge that what she said was true. She routinely would attack people from South Asia and give them wrong information and turn around and say something completely different on another thread.

That should make people wary because people come on here to either a) vent or b) actually ask for legitimate immigration questions. Thanks to that VJ person, I who was pregnant and vomiting, was even more stressed out. Thanks for nothing. It all worked out but whatever.

Could you post an example of a thread that encourage Europeans to circumvent the immigration waiting time by coming over on VWP? It is a violation of TOS to do so.

Normally when there is post about AOS from VWP, the thread would get derailed and shut down pretty quickly.

Also there are plenty of threads about parents from South Asian countries coming to US on tourist visa and then AOS.

So there are guilty parties on both sides?

OKAY this is good!! Well not GOOD- but yeaaah good!

Here is a potential dispute happening right here. in real time. Now it can spiral out of control with everyone hopping on and throwing their two cents in OR other participants in the thread can self monitor the thread and ---- ?? anyone?

Because she is also member of the "clique", just look at the Off topic section and see who hangs out with the moderators. Those people never get "censored".

NOOOOO, you are pouring fuel on the fire. Shame on you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I obviously am not hanging with the right people because I do.

I do see the adjusting from Tourist/VWP etc shut down pretty quickly. I also have seen lots of Parents adjusting when you know darn well this was a set up, one yesterday.

I had not noticed a regional bias.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Oh really, I have been thread banned, posts removed too.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

People are free to post or not post as they choose. Avoid insulting each other's replies -- there are more diplomatic ways to disagree with someone's comments or proposed solutions. Report any violations of the VJ Terms of Service (review those first, before reporting). Read the OP's words and topic accurately, interpret them literally, and respond on-topic.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

I just posted today but had wanted to for a while now to see if I could get "positive feedback" I was already feeling overwhelmed with my situation and really didn't want any negativity associated with my post. just help or guidance which surprisingly enough is all that I received. I did mention in my post no negative feedback please and whether or not they listened or there simply wasn't any is unknown to me. I do agree that people do get a bit negative sometimes but for the most part, I have found the site helpful and calming to know that I am not alone in my journey. I wish the site was more supportive because if we are on here then someone is waiting to be with a loved one and is stressed out to the max. Even those whose case appears to go smoothly without a hitch must feel some anxiety. Me on the other hand am not that fortunate my relationship is complicated and so has been my dealings so far with USCIS but to have a place to get the info and support is well worth it. Thanks Visa Journey.

I do see the adjusting from Tourist/VWP etc shut down pretty quickly. I also have seen lots of Parents adjusting when you know darn well this was a set up, one yesterday.

I agree and I think your answer is very appropriate Boiler. While you did not address the negativity between the members you didnt flame it on- so taking a neutral approach is something to consider.

Ignoring peoples bickerings and hateful comments towards each other? Hmm. Could that be the approach to make the forums better?

You should continue to hang out at the CESHT to stir the pot.
I would keep myself to the off topic section.
After many years of 'trying' to answer posts, it is getting tiring and thankless.
Plus I have no more immigration process.
The only 'regional bias' I have seen here, is that some people from certain countries are just more organized than others.
E.g the UK sub-forum, thanks to the long-time members, they have put up a well-organized and up to date guides (K1, CR1/IR1, DCF) to help their own people navigate the immigration paths.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

CEHST gets boring after a while, there are regional themes if that it the right word, compare PI to MENA to RUB for example.

Obviously exceptions but I guess there is a tendency to make assumptions, like everybody from Mexico needs a waiver.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Okay-- so airing out grievances in a respectful way... with the intentions of moving forward to make the forum more pleasant for all- blah blah- everyones read the thread-

It appears and has been stated many times in various places- not news to anyone really- some feel certain people are treated differently then others. Shocking.

So what do we do?

Well honestly, theres only one thing to do. Collectively- the group needs to self monitor and put its foot down. If something is not okay, then its not okay. IMO a big public shame to the whole establishment. Its unacceptable. If someone behaves in a way thats badly- call attention to it. Demand it be taken down. Publicly. Enlist support from others. I will gladly rally behind you in the name of right.

Sub forums? Racially divided groups? What the heck is this nonsense? This is suppose to be a community as a whole. ONE NATION PEOPLE. am I misreading or is it being suggested we stay in our respective sections of the forums? isnt that (whispering- segregation?) omg. seriously are we at the point of not getting along so badly that we have to be separated??

You see something bad and its not being stopped. Im sorry yell OUTRAGE, Dont be afraid. Im certainly not. You know how many times Ive clicked that report button. LOTS.

Timeline

It is not a cohesive group, people come people go. Most have little in common except the obvious.

Of course people are treated differently, I can think of a couple recently who definitely asked for and got what they deserved.

If somebody has done a little bit of research that helps, how many times do you see the same question being asked that was answered in the post below.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is not a cohesive group, people come people go. Most have little in common except the obvious.

Of course people are treated differently, I can think of a couple recently who definitely asked for and got what they deserved.

If somebody has done a little bit of research that helps, how many times do you see the same question being asked that was answered in the post below.

They all start/end with "has anyone had this experience?" Of course someone's had to file a K1 when they've been divorced before. Yes, you aren't the only person who's been put in AP.

That's the part the bothers me most, but I know it's my issue not the sites. Someone will post a question that is found easier on google than here. Than the ones that people go into a a 45 question post with subquestions cause they failed to do any research on their own....again I know that's a me problem but that gets old real fast. Sometimes that's when the snippy short comments come in, "read this section or use the search function." Often the thread blows up from that.

Edited by Shauneg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.