Alexander De Ridder

Help! I have to cancel my wedding !!! ???

28 posts in this topic

Yup... we get it. Life isn't fair. Who said it would be?

Time to stop complaining about what you have no control over and focus on what you DO have control over. Your fiancee is probably equally upset so pull yourself out of your whining and be strong for her.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Alexander,

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. The delay in Washington might be that not you but someone with a similar name has gotten in some sort of trouble before. It's so hard to make plans only to have them shattered, but what can you do but wait. I wish for you that it's speedy so you can make that wedding date after all.

Michaela

you know what my dad said today?

No problem, if you dont get it soon enough, you can get married in NOVEMBER, when all of the family will be able to come.

That means if I get approved lets say March 17, my wedding plans will be long-canceled, and all of my family won't be able to make it to the wedding until november.

Hooray .. and they hold my international passport in hostage ... means I wouldn't see clara for almost a year unless she came here again but thats hard considering her families situation (remember her dad got shot in september?). Talk about cruelty :(

The thing is I may now get a marriage without all of my family :\ And If I get married between april and june my brother won't make it due university & exams.

then he may also have to retake exams in August or September if he doesnt pass them all ...

I totally understand your situation. Some people can be heartless on this board! Somehow individuals forget the long painful journey. I will say that you can't plan anytime during this process. I learned that the hard way. I made so many plans but my visa took longer than expected and I had to cancel my plans. It was earth shattering at the time. It will get better and you will rejoin your love one. Don't take some of these people seriously on this site. There are a few people on here with major negative vibes! Ignore them!

12/29/06-entered USA

1/03/07 Married

AOS JOURNEY BEGINS.....

1/4/07-mailed AOS/EAD

1/5/07-AOS/EAD received at Chicago Lockbox

1/13/07-NOA 1 (dated 1/9/07)

1/15/07-AOS/EAD touched

1/16/07-touched

1/22/07-touched

1/23/07-email stating rfe is coming :(

1/24/07-AOS/EAD touched

1/28/07-AOS touched

1/30/07-Biometrics appointment

1/31/07- mail RFE to Missouri

2/1/07-AOS/EAD touched

2/6/07-Processing on case resumes!!!

2/16/07-Transferred to California Service Center

2/20/07-Touched

2/26/07-Case pending at California Service Center

2/27/07-touched

3/2/07-touched

3/5/07-touched

3/8/07-touched

3/8/07-GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!! My wonderful birthday gift

3/14/07-Green card in hands

Note to self...... Lift conditions 12/08

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

OUCH! I would go with the non-legal wedding and then get married legally in a courthouse later. Its disappointing,I know. But I think it would be less disappointing than going through canceling everything and starting over!!!

So sorry to hear that! Now I know to definitely take everyone's advice and NOT plan anything until he is here with me.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I liked the word drama-queenery :-)

Sorry guys but this is how i deal with situations .... i need to get everything out of my system.

This is devastating news and all you wonder is WHY ? I noticed some of the people who replied had their visa the same day as the interview.

Well, good for you! According to my legal book that I read 700 pages from I was not aware this even was an option!

It all has to do with a new law passed in congress late december or early January, the immigration specalist of Clara's Congressmen said.

I'm not ONLY dramaqueening ... I have made like 50 phone calls to people who may be able to help .. and have some plans ...... will it help? IDK

Visa Journey Completed: Permanent US Resident since February 2009!

Thank you for googl'ing my name!

Contact me anytime for your internet development or marketing needs!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well, okay. :) One thing to keep in mind is that the timeframe this person told you might be totally made up. It could last many months, or it could be over tomorrow. Don't lose hope! I hope you can make it for your spring wedding. :)

I liked the word drama-queenery :-)

Sorry guys but this is how i deal with situations .... i need to get everything out of my system.

This is devastating news and all you wonder is WHY ? I noticed some of the people who replied had their visa the same day as the interview.

Well, good for you! According to my legal book that I read 700 pages from I was not aware this even was an option!

It all has to do with a new law passed in congress late december or early January, the immigration specalist of Clara's Congressmen said.

I'm not ONLY dramaqueening ... I have made like 50 phone calls to people who may be able to help .. and have some plans ...... will it help? IDK

signature here

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
We had no one from our family attend our marriage. And yet, here we are, a year and a half later, still married :luv:

*sigh* such will probably be the case with us too... 'Jindagi yestai ho' - that's life...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Cancel the wedding, have a civil court wedding so you can start filing for AOS (thats what we did, matter of fact it was only us two and his mum that where there when we got married) and then start planning again for a big wedding reception.

when life gives you lemons, make lemonade :yes:

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

Hindsight is always 20 20, but sorry to hear about your problem. It is generally a huge mistake to pre-plan a large wedding before the alien fiance is physically with you. The best idea is to get out of your head the need for a huge wedding, and if and when you paperwork clears and your fiance arrives, get a marriage license and take care of marrying in a small civil or private ceremony. You can always plan a big fancy wedding ceremony after that.

How did you wind up deciding to make huge plans between January 16th and January 31st when you did not know how long the delay might be? (Not giving you a hard time, but wondering how this happened.)

Hopefully the delay won't prove to be an entire year. And really sorry to hear the plans are getting messed up, it isn't fair, or right, but this is a rough process so you two will be having your commitment tested mightily by all of this.

Good luck! :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow. We are not planning not one thing until he has that visa in his hand. But good luck with all that.

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

Filed: Timeline

Alexander De Ridder,

I'm sorry to say, Aexander, but you do have something special about your case.

Problems with cases are not always immediately obvious, and they're not always the 'fault' of the petitioner or the beneficiary.

Yodrak

We have NOTHING special about our case! .....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
Hindsight is always 20 20, but sorry to hear about your problem. It is generally a huge mistake to pre-plan a large wedding before the alien fiance is physically with you. The best idea is to get out of your head the need for a huge wedding, and if and when you paperwork clears and your fiance arrives, get a marriage license and take care of marrying in a small civil or private ceremony. You can always plan a big fancy wedding ceremony after that.

How did you wind up deciding to make huge plans between January 16th and January 31st when you did not know how long the delay might be? (Not giving you a hard time, but wondering how this happened.)

Hopefully the delay won't prove to be an entire year. And really sorry to hear the plans are getting messed up, it isn't fair, or right, but this is a rough process so you two will be having your commitment tested mightily by all of this.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Clara's friends were/are planning their weddings like a year upfront, and she likes to have a princess wedding. What we did is since last year october start looking for everything, and once we had all required documents for our interview, and an appointment, we started to make more arrangements. It was already a close call to find a reception place to her liking that was still available in the timeframe where my family could make it to Houston.

Its been so hard for me to meet everyone's wishes and reach a compromise about nearly everything ... and then this happens ... I talked to her over Skype yesterday and started to prepare her for the possibility we'll have to cancel everything. I know in the long run the only thing that matters is us beiing together .. but we've been waiting so long for that ... in 7 months time i had her less than a week with me.

Visa Journey Completed: Permanent US Resident since February 2009!

Thank you for googl'ing my name!

Contact me anytime for your internet development or marketing needs!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So what did you end up doing? looks like you go the visa..

did you cancel the wedding?

or had a religious non-binding ceremony?

I-130:

05/26/07: Mailed USPS; 05/31/07: Priority Date established
09/13/07: Received NOA1 (PD 5/31, RD 5/31, ND 9/10, PM 9/11)
11/15/07: Case Approved
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD 5/31, RD 6/9, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)

I-129F:
06/27/07: Mailed USPS; 07/09/07: Received NOA1 (PD N/A, RD 7/2, ND 7/6, PM 7/6)
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD N/A, RD 7/6, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)
12/10/07: NVC Received case (12/24/07: Received Packet 3 in the mail)
01/02/08: Email from consulate. Interview scheduled on 01/23. Interview letter in the mail.
01/23/08: Interview in Vancouver Approved
01/24/08: K-3 Visa granted

I-485/I-765 (AOS/EAD):
02/22/08: Mailed USPS; 03/03/08: Received both I-797C NOAs by mail (RD 2/24, ND 2/29, PM 2/29)
03/19/08: Biometrics
05/07/08: EAD card received
07/28/08: Interview Notice Received. (ND 7/23)
09/29/08: Interview - Approved Class CR6

10/18/08: Received welcome letter; 10/23/08: Received Conditional Permanent Resident Card (PM 10/21)

I-751 (Remove Condition)

07/01/10: Mailed USPS
07/16/10: Received I-797C NOA by mail (RD 7/12)
07/29/10: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 08/19/10 (ND 7/26)

09/16/10: Condition lifted and Permanent Resident Card Printed

09/25/10: Permanent Resident Card received

N-400 (Citizenship):
03/03/14: Mailed USPS
03/15/14: Received I-797C NOA by mail (PD 3/6, RD 3/06, ND 3/10)
03/17/14: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 03/27/14 (ND 3/13)

04/03/14: Placed inline for interview scheduling

06/04/14: Interview Notice Received with Interview scheduled for 7/8. (ND 6/4)

07/08/14: Interview + RFE. Response Mailed 7/12. Website updated on 8/21 that response received. 8/25 Placed in queue for oath.

09/05/14: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (ND 9/2)

09/17/14: Oath Ceremony / Naturalized

PD = Priority Date, RD= Receipt Date, ND = Notice Date, PM = Post Marked

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
So what did you end up doing? looks like you go the visa..

did you cancel the wedding?

or had a religious non-binding ceremony?

They're getting married June 30th.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry854855

AOS TIMELINE

02/15/2008 - Mailed Package via Overnight

02/18/2008 - Delivered

02/26/08 - Check cashed

02/28/08 - Received 3 noa's in mail : AOS, EAD and AP, Notice Date 02/25/08

03/11/08 - I-485 Transferred to CSC... EAD and AP still not in online system

03/12/08 - Boimetrics

03/22/08 - Touched

03/24/08 - Touched

04/04/08 - Touched

04/22/08 - EAD card production ordered, AP approval notice sent

04/29/08 - EAD Approval Notice Sent

05/02/08 - EAD arrived in mail

05/09/08 - AP touched

05/13/08 - AOS APPROVED!!!!!!

05/14/08 - AP arrived in mail

05/16/08 - Approval notice sent

05/20/08 - Green Card arrived in mail!!!!! Huge sigh of relief...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.