zeeeeeeek

Did I make a mistake? USCIS vs DCF

47 posts in this topic

OMG thank so much for the link !! but i still don't understand what is the process for expedited processing or how i can speed up the process. I have posted in that forum hopefully someone experienced could provide answers.

Read that thread, it takes time. Analyze what people posting. There is not an official auto expediting, USCIS does not declare of doing it, but it works for sure.

While filing Petition you have to go through 3 steps: USCIS, NVC and interview. USCIS is usually the most time consuming step where people get stuck at from 3 to 9 months. If the petitioner lives abroad there is a research done that tells you may be auto expedited. Why? I don't know.

I read your post at "The petitioner living abroad", it seems you should be expedited as you filed from abroad, included your address you are living abroad and so on. 47 days of waiting is still ok, you may hopefully receive a quick respond.

When my husband filed he lived with me in my home country (still lives), but we had no idea then that such "auto expediting" even exist. He clearly stated in his cover sheet that he is planning to live with his foreign spouse all the way through visa process, then he intends to move back to the USA as to prove he meets Domicile requirements.

It is interesting indeed what will happen in your case. I wish you best of luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I read your post at "The petitioner living abroad", it seems you should be expedited as you filed from abroad, included your address you are living abroad and so on. 47 days of waiting is still ok, you may hopefully receive a quick respond.

When my husband filed he lived with me in my home country (still lives), but we had no idea then that such "auto expediting" even exist. He clearly stated in his cover sheet that he is planning to live with his foreign spouse all the way through visa process, then he intends to move back to the USA as to prove he meets Domicile requirements.

It is interesting indeed what will happen in your case. I wish you best of luck!

Thank you very much, Your post have been very helpful. I received my noa1 in about a week but the noa2 seems like its taking its time and i believe average waiting time is about 5 months. i did a quick research on auto expedition and ran across the website below. The petitioner talks about how it took him a month to receive noa1 but then called USCIS and asked for their application to be expedited. Fortunately for him his request has been approved 2 days later and in a couple of days they have received their NOA2. He did mention he will go into detail about the expedition process in another post, but i'm unable to find that post.

https://immimom.wordpress.com/2014/03/20/notice-of-action-noa/

Thank you very much, Your post have been very helpful. I received my noa1 in about a week but the noa2 seems like its taking its time and i believe average waiting time is about 5 months. i did a quick research on auto expedition and ran across the website below. The petitioner talks about how it took him a month to receive noa1 but then called USCIS and asked for their application to be expedited. Fortunately for him his request has been approved 2 days later and in a couple of days they have received their NOA2. He did mention he will go into detail about the expedition process in another post, but i'm unable to find that post.

https://immimom.wordpress.com/2014/03/20/notice-of-action-noa/

Are you checking your status on line constantly? Your petition is in California Center and your approval will come in faster anyway even if you didn't fall under so called "auto expedited" case. You will be just fine. AP may delay your process later, but there is something that nobody can avoid or predict how long it lasts. Just live your life and be prepared for the next steps. Read read and read Guides and Wiki the Vj team has provided for us all.

Timeline

Are you checking your status on line constantly? Your petition is in California Center and your approval will come in faster anyway even if you didn't fall under so called "auto expedited" case. You will be just fine. AP may delay your process later, but there is something that nobody can avoid or predict how long it lasts. Just live your life and be prepared for the next steps. Read read and read Guides and Wiki the Vj team has provided for us all.

I check online every other day. this is what i see every time i log in. Untitled.jpg

If i were you i would cancel and apply DCF! It is SO much faster... they say average 8 months but it is almost always longer, more around 12 months these days!

I would but i keep receiving mixed experiences from different people. As far as i learned DCF in United Kingdom is on the list of fastest countries to process an application. According to some here in Amman Jordan processing at times exceeded that of USCIS. Others have completed the process in a couple of months. I guess it all depends on case to case basis. But i would love to hear from more people who filed in Amman. My cousin was married to a Jordanian, she had the lawyer file for them, the whole process took them 11 months. I'd like to add that they both lived in Jordan at the time.

Zeeeeeek, it is so difficult to predict how it would be if it would be. Read a lot of guides, ask people for similar experience and follow your gut instinct.

As I already mentioned before, we didn't even know this auto expedite exists, we did what we suppose to do. Our USCIS center was supposed to be Texas, which takes for ever to go through the first step. But our documents were sent from Chicago Lock box to California center and BANG, we were approved very soon. I think sometimes it just happens or it depends on how lucky you are. Just be cool :)

Did you read all of the thread on "Petitioner living abroad"? There are more than few people who filed from Jordan. I don't remember how long it took them to be approved, but I am sure it wasn't long.

Timeline

Zeeeeeek, it is so difficult to predict how it would be if it would be. Read a lot of guides, ask people for similar experience and follow your gut instinct.

As I already mentioned before, we didn't even know this auto expedite exists, we did what we suppose to do. Our USCIS center was supposed to be Texas, which takes for ever to go through the first step. But our documents were sent from Chicago Lock box to California center and BANG, we were approved very soon. I think sometimes it just happens or it depends on how lucky you are. Just be cool :)

Did you read all of the thread on "Petitioner living abroad"? There are more than few people who filed from Jordan. I don't remember how long it took them to be approved, but I am sure it wasn't long.

I'm actullay going through the whole thread page by page, i'm halfway through. i'm looking for someone who answered yes to question number two i have only found one so far. I fear that because in Jordan DCF is available and i opted to send the i-130 form to USCIS, my application will not be auto expedited.

I'm actullay going through the whole thread page by page, i'm halfway through. i'm looking for someone who answered yes to question number two i have only found one so far. I fear that because in Jordan DCF is available and i opted to send the i-130 form to USCIS, my application will not be auto expedited.

I just read it again too. Couldn't find anybody from Jordan! I was sure I saw a few. I am sorry, I was mistaken. There was some useful information though.

Well, you still have some time till July to cancel your petition and refile via DCF if you want. Don't rush now, research more. Go to regional Portal, people may share some info with you.

Timeline

I just read it again too. Couldn't find anybody from Jordan! I was sure I saw a few. I am sorry, I was mistaken. There was some useful information though.

Well, you still have some time till July to cancel your petition and refile via DCF if you want. Don't rush now, research more. Go to regional Portal, people may share some info with you.

I may do what the website that i linked to you earlier said. i may just contact USCIS and ask them to expedite our application. I just don't know what exactly what to say, it sounds like i'm trying to cut into the queue and push them to finish my application. I wanted to take courses back home in September, but i don't want to leave without my husband.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

They will start to process sometime after July 4th. I just was scouring through VJ forums and ran across a Jordanian who have gone through DCF. Some state Administrative Process takes a very long time. So still not quite sure if DCF will be faster than USCIS. My Husband has traveled and lived for 6+ months in 4 different countries, this means he has to get a certificate of good conduct from 4 different countries. This may extend AP i'm assuming.

My husband had AP through Amman, it was only 9 weeks, and I know many who have gone through Amman and didn't have AP at all.

Timeline

My husband had AP through Amman, it was only 9 weeks, and I know many who have gone through Amman and didn't have AP at all.

How long did the whole process take in total? were you both living in Amman at the time?

Timeline

How long did the whole process take in total? were you both living in Amman at the time?

i have looked at your timeline that answered my first question. so your I-130 took 3 months and the whole process 10.5 months. If i get my i-130 approved by july i will go on ahead, if not i may go through DCF

Timeline

My husband is from jordan were about to hit the 8 month mark this weekend were at the nvc right now .

I think you mentioned earlier that you submitted your application at the Amman Embassy. Please keep us updated on timeline. It seems like you might get it faster than mimo since your I-130 only took 180 days. wish you best of luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.