18 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed i130 01/05/2014 for my son when he was 19 years old he is in canada, i have had my case sent to nvc 04/18/2014 but no visa was available yet. I have just this week sent nvc my aos and now waiting for iv fee and send ds260, but my son will turn 21 april 28 2015. what will happen?

my son has had a 2 year cond, green card and has a A# and has a ssn but when he graduated school here in usa, he wanted to go back to canada to med school, did not remove conditions on that green card. He is currently enrolled in selective services in usa. Which is so weird why he has to wait so long. Will his f2A status drop to adult Unmarried over 21? I am a permanent resident!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems he had a valid reason for absence, why did he not just re enter?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When is your priority date? When was the i130 approved? Exact DOB?

If there's a USC stepparent and you married before his 18th birthday, that could have gotten him back sooner and froze his age to 19.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The USC parent would had had to be the petitioner. It doesn't cross over to USC being married to petitioner. The dates you need to know is the date on your submission and the date the petition was approved. Subtract the second date from the first and then take the result and subtract that from your son's real and you have his immigration age. When that is over 21 he ages out and waits many extra years.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Seems he had a valid reason for absence, why did he not just re enter?

i was told he would have to start a whole new process of being responsored back to usa. So i filed for new i130 with me as sponsor

Timeline

If there's a USC stepparent and you married before his 18th birthday, that could have gotten him back sooner and froze his age to 19.

the priority date is 02/05/2014 his dob is 04/28/1994

He lived in usa still when he was 18 years old on his 2 year green card, he moved backed to canada after he graduated here to continue his education,

Timeline

The USC parent would had had to be the petitioner. It doesn't cross over to USC being married to petitioner. The dates you need to know is the date on your submission and the date the petition was approved. Subtract the second date from the first and then take the result and subtract that from your son's real and you have his immigration age. When that is over 21 he ages out and waits many extra years.

where do i find submission date? I just have the priority date 02/05/2014 i filed in January 2014 but i dont remember the exact date.

Timeline

the priority date is 02/05/2014 his dob is 04/28/1994 the i130 was approved 04/18/2014 and sent to nvc.i just filed aos and paid fee this week, i sent all documants, did the pick agent, now waiting for iv invoice so i can pay and send it.

He lived in usa still when he was 18 years old on his 2 year green card, he moved backed to canada after he graduated here to continue his education,

where do i find submission date? I just have the priority date 02/05/2014 , the i130 was approved 04/18/2014 and sent to nvc. His dob is 04/28/94. i filed in January 2014 but i dont remember the exact date.

priority date 02/05/14 i130 approved 04/18/14 son dob is 04/28/94

Timeline

I got an email today saying they received my aos package with all required documents but due to high volume it will be atleast 60 days in review,will be notified when it being reviewed, my son will have turned 21 by then.... oh my im so stressed..what will happen?

Timeline

Did he surrender his GC?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

My pd is may 2014 and I need to attend ma sis in laws wedding in august so for dat I have applied for visitor visa so I m confused dat vl dis harm anything to ma immigration status it's been 11 months still how much time it vl take for processing????

Timeline

No harm

Timeline

Did he surrender his GC?

yeah basically, he never removed co dition and we wrote a letter he wanted to return to canada to attend med school,

is this gonna make it harder for my son this time?

Timeline

So he completed the I 407?

Timeline

So he completed the I 407?

no we just sent a letter saying he was moving back to canada to go to school and he never went to biometrics or applied to remove condition of 2 year green card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.