amoreno

Permanent resident gave birth aboard

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

my cousin is a permanent resident since 2010, she went back to Mexico in December of 2014 and in January she gave birth to her first child, What can she do to bring her baby back with her? :help:

for starters, is the father a US Citizen?

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She can sponsor the child, takes a few years.

How has she been maintaining her Permanent Residency when she has been gone for so long?

What about the father, is she married, is she sponsoring him? Is he OK with the child emigration.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

no his not

I believe she can bring back the child to the US within two years of its birth in order to avoid filing an immigrant petition. the child will be a resident, however, not a citizen. The wiser choice would have been to give birth in the US....but I digress

http://www.stephengoldenlaw.com/green-cards-for-children-born-on-trips-abroad/

http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-ivlpr-child.html

Edited by pdking5000

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

How has she been maintaining her Permanent Residency when she has been gone for so long?

She has only been gone for a few months.

Based on the information pdking5000 provided, she can bring the child back before the second birthday as long as that the mother has not entered the US since the child was born, I would suggest that the sooner the better.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

She needs to go to the US consulate and get a transport letter for the baby. She can't just go to the border with baby and birth certificate. Hopefully she got the baby his/her passport.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Hi! there everyone, my cousin is asking me another question, can she go to the consulate in Guadalajara or she needs to go to the one in Ciudad Juarez?

Thank you!! :idea::idea:

Check the websites of consulates and see what they process - CJ covers pretty much every type of petition as far as I know.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks every one for suggested me what to do on my cousin's case.

I have an update and I hope this will help some one else in her same situation.

First I called the US consulate in Mexico City and they told me that if she was going to fly into the US she would need a transit letter but if she was going to go walking thru the border she would just had to let the immigration officer her situation and they would have to process the paper work for her child.

So this past Saturday she arrived to Tijuana with her baby and me and my husband picked her up at the airport. Then we immediately when to the border at Otay mesa, there was a line but it didn't took us long before we arrived to the office (walking). They asked her some questions and they started her baby's paper work, they kept us there or 5 hours because they were short handed, an officer even apologized because it took them so long, he even told us that the best days to cross was Tuesday's Wednesday's and Thursday. Any way after the process the baby's papers they stamped his passport and let us in. Now what she need to do is just wait 30 days and take the baby to the nearest immigration office with 2 passport pictures and they will began the process for his green card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from AOS Progress report to CRBA- while this is not the process the Op's cousin will need to do, it is the most closely related forum *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~non-contributory post removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.