Ethline

NOA2 approval September 2014 Filers (TSC)

817 posts in this topic

I don't think you actually need it for anything.

Thanks! I suspected it was for the CR/IR1 folks.

Do you mean the case number?

No, the lady gave me a case number and an invoice number :)

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Where can I pay the visa fee? Is there a specific website where the payments should be made?

Thanks! I suspected it was for the CR/IR1 folks.

I believe, you will need your invoice number to pay the visa fee!

No, the lady gave me a case number and an invoice number :)

Where can I pay the visa fee? Is there a specific website where the payments should be made?

I'm not sure how it is for your specific number, but I paid my visa fee on http://ustraveldocs.com/and they required DS-160 confirmation number and the case number from NVC in order to do so

[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 13, 2015] - Issued

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone.I just knew this thread and need some advises from you guys.My case was approved since May 18,2015.My fiancée called NVC and ask my case number and they talked our case was Sent to Embassy in Vietnam already from 5 June,2015.But when I checked my status at CEAC and in Red Box" Invalid Application or Case number".I really confused about that and ask my fiancé calling NVC one more time to make sure the correct case number.Other lady Of NVC gave my husband same case and telled my husband waiting Consulate procseing.

Does anyone have experiences about that?

I appreciated for your responds so much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi everyone.I just knew this thread and need some advises from you guys.My case was approved since May 18,2015.My fiancée c

alled NVC and ask my case number and they talked our case was Sent to Embassy in Vietnam already from 5 June,2015.But when I checked my status at CEAC and in Red Box" Invalid Application or Case number".I really confused about that and ask my fiancé calling NVC one more time to make sure the correct case number.Other lady Of NVC gave my husband same case and telled my husband waiting Consulate procseing.

Does anyone have experiences about that?

I appreciated for your responds so much

When you are in ceac website,go to Immigrant part and click check status and enter your case number ;when you go to non immigrant part will not have an answer.

So is K1 considered an immigrant visa as far as CEAC goes? When I put the case number in I only get "no data returned" whereas if I put down the DS160 confirmation number under non-immigrant visa, it says "no status".

[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 13, 2015] - Issued

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So is K1 considered an immigrant visa as far as CEAC goes? When I put the case number in I only get "no data returned" whereas if I put down the DS160 confirmation number under non-immigrant visa, it says "no status".

Thanks for your answering

I put my case number In Nonimmigration visa then I got "Invalid Application ID or Case status" I try to put in Immigration visa,It show " no data return" I really so stress for this processing.I had been waited for long time for my case approval (8 months +10 days).I thought next step would be faster and smoother but this was make me more nervous..Hope all September files get over this very long process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Thanks for your answering

I put my case number In Nonimmigration visa then I got "Invalid Application ID or Case status" I try to put in Immigration visa,It show " no data

return" I really so stress for this processing.I had been waited for long time for my case approval (8 months +10 days).I thought next step would be faster and smoother but this was make me more nervous..Hope all September nfiles get over this very long process

Don't stress please.I had the same issue at the beginning but every days I try and one days it began to work.just go to immigrant part and after enter your case number in the rubrik check status.even if it says no data return,continue to try .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ok everyone..

I think it couldn't be worst at this point ... Here is some bad news for all of us :ranting:

Technological Systems Issue

JUNE 12, 2015

Passport/Visa Systems Errors

• The Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our overseas passport and visa systems.
  • This issue is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.
  • The Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) problems we are experiencing are not the same challenges we overcame last summer. We are working urgently to correct the problems and restore our system to full operational status as soon as possible.
  • We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport overseas, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or U.S. visa at this time. Domestic passport issuances are not affected at this time. We are able to issue emergency passports to U.S. citizens overseas for urgent travel.
  • We are seeking to assist non-immigrant visa applicants with urgent humanitarian travel. Travelers with an urgent humanitarian need for travel should contact their nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
  • We are aware of pending overseas adoption cases, including in China. We are prioritizing these cases and seek to issue these visas with few delays.
  • We regret the inconvenience to travelers, and remain committed to facilitating legitimate travel while protecting our borders. We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.
  • We will post updates to Travel.State.Gov as more information becomes available.

Q: Is this the same issue as last year? Was it not fixed?

• This is not the same issue as last year.

Q: What is going on? Why can’t the Department issue visas, passports, and other travel documents?

• We are working as quickly as possible to pinpoint the root cause of our technical issues.
  • We apologize to travelers and recognize that this may cause hardship to individuals waiting for visas and passports overseas.

Q: How is this affecting consular operations?

Passports

• Passport applications accepted overseas on or after May 26, 2015 are affected. If you applied for a U.S. passport during this time frame and have travel plans within the next 10 business days, please consider requesting an emergency passport at the U.S. embassy or consulate at which you originally applied. Information about how to apply for an emergency passport is available on the website of the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

Visas

• A hardware failure on June 9 halted the flow of biometric clearance requests from posts to the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD). Individuals who submitted online applications or were interviewed for visas on or after June 9 may experience a delay in the processing.
  • The systems in place to perform required national security checks before we issue visas are experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, we are unable to print visas, regular passports overseas, and other travel documents.
  • We cannot bypass the legal requirements necessary to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel.
  • As a result, there is a backlog of visas waiting to be processed. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and to clear the backlog.
  • The technical issues we are experiencing have disrupted or prevented some of the Department’s primary data-share partners from accessing visa records.

Q: Can you print a visa without using the data system?

• Security measures prevent consular officers from printing a passport, report of birth abroad, or visa until the case completes the required national security checks.
  • Service to our customers will be interrupted until the system is brought back online.

Q: Can the Department just print travel letters for those who need to travel quickly?

• At this time we are able to issue passports to U.S. citizens overseas for emergency travel.
  • Domestic passport operations are not affected at this time. U.S. citizens applying for a passport domestically will receive passports within the four-to-six week standard for routine passports.
  • We are seeking to assist nonimmigrant visa applicants with urgent humanitarian travel. Please contact the embassy or consulate where you applied for additional information.

Q: What caused this outage? Was it a malicious action or hack?

• There is no evidence the problem is cyber security related. We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect the system to be fully operational again soon.

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• We do not yet have a timeline. We are working urgently to identify the problem and correct it. We expect the systems to be fully operational again soon.

Service Center : Texas Service Center (TSC)

I-129F Sent : September 3rd, 2014

I-129F NOA1 : September 10th, 2014

... After 222 days ...

I-129F NOA2 : April 20th, 2015

I-129F NOA2 Hard copy : April 27th, 2015

I-129F NOA2 Sent to NVC : May 8th, 2015

NVC receive our case : May 11th, 2015

NVC attribute case number : May 11th, 2015

Our case left NVC : May 14th, 2015

Our case arrive at Paris Embassy : May 18th, 2015

Packet 3 received : June 5th, 2015

Medical : June 23th, 2015

Interview : June 25th, 2015

Visa received : July 8th, 2015

Departure :

<p>

Ok everyone..

I think it couldn't be worst at this point ... Here is some bad news for all of us :ranting:

Technological Systems Issue

JUNE 12, 2015

Passport/Visa Systems Errors

• The Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our overseas passport and visa systems.
  • This issue is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.
  • The Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) problems we are experiencing are not the same challenges we overcame last summer. We are working urgently to correct the problems and restore our system to full operational status as soon as possible.
  • We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport overseas, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or U.S. visa at this time. Domestic passport issuances are not affected at this time. We are able to issue emergency passports to U.S. citizens overseas for urgent travel.
  • We are seeking to assist non-immigrant visa applicants with urgent humanitarian travel. Travelers with an urgent humanitarian need for travel should contact their nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
  • We are aware of pending overseas adoption cases, including in China. We are prioritizing these cases and seek to issue these visas with few delays.
  • We regret the inconvenience to travelers, and remain committed to facilitating legitimate travel while protecting our borders. We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.
  • We will post updates to Travel.State.Gov as more information becomes available.

Q: Is this the same issue as last year? Was it not fixed?

• This is not the same issue as last year.

Q: What is going on? Why cant the Department issue visas, passports, and other travel documents?

• We are working as quickly as possible to pinpoint the root cause of our technical issues.
  • We apologize to travelers and recognize that this may cause hardship to individuals waiting for visas and passports overseas.

Q: How is this affecting consular operations?

Passports

• Passport applications accepted overseas on or after May 26, 2015 are affected. If you applied for a U.S. passport during this time frame and have travel plans within the next 10 business days, please consider requesting an emergency passport at the U.S. embassy or consulate at which you originally applied. Information about how to apply for an emergency passport is available on the website of the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

Visas

• A hardware failure on June 9 halted the flow of biometric clearance requests from posts to the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD). Individuals who submitted online applications or were interviewed for visas on or after June 9 may experience a delay in the processing.
  • The systems in place to perform required national security checks before we issue visas are experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, we are unable to print visas, regular passports overseas, and other travel documents.
  • We cannot bypass the legal requirements necessary to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel.
  • As a result, there is a backlog of visas waiting to be processed. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and to clear the backlog.
  • The technical issues we are experiencing have disrupted or prevented some of the Departments primary data-share partners from accessing visa records.

Q: Can you print a visa without using the data system?

• Security measures prevent consular officers from printing a passport, report of birth abroad, or visa until the case completes the required national security checks.
  • Service to our customers will be interrupted until the system is brought back online.

Q: Can the Department just print travel letters for those who need to travel quickly?

• At this time we are able to issue passports to U.S. citizens overseas for emergency travel.
  • Domestic passport operations are not affected at this time. U.S. citizens applying for a passport domestically will receive passports within the four-to-six week standard for routine passports.
  • We are seeking to assist nonimmigrant visa applicants with urgent humanitarian travel. Please contact the embassy or consulate where you applied for additional information.

Q: What caused this outage? Was it a malicious action or hack?

• There is no evidence the problem is cyber security related. We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect the system to be fully operational again soon.

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• We do not yet have a timeline. We are working urgently to identify the problem and correct it. We expect the systems to be fully operational again soon.

I really hope it won't last long, we have waited enough for just NOA2 and now visa ???

:/ what bad news... we are just waiting for my fiance's passport now so I guess we are definitely affected.

Yea this defenitly sucks we are also just waiting for the visa to become available. ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiance interviewed for her K1 visa on June 5th and it came in the mail 4 business days later.

I think every country is different. The consulate in rio told us it will take 2 weeks to 20 days for him to get the visa on hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.