Ethline

NOA2 approval September 2014 Filers (TSC)

817 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Forgive me for my ignorance. I've been with the fiance in Africa for 2 weeks with minimal access to internet. His packet arrived the day before I left, but I still don't have case numbers from the NVC.

Do we need the case number or something from the NVC to be able to fill out the DS-160? How do I get that? Do I need to call the NVC? Will they even have it now that the packet has left there?

I'm sure some of these questions are answered somewhere but I'm jet lagged and back at work already and just can't concentrate long enough to read through everything.

No worries! You just need SRC for DS-160. You will need a case number, though for rest so keep calling the NVC and asking for it until they give it.

Be polite, but a little pushy, and just say you really just want the case number (because, honestly, i got my case number a month ago from them on the phone and just got the letter with it from NVC like 2 days ago).

They will know if the packet has left. Once it is in the system (you won't have a case number until it is), hypothetically you should be able to use the CEAC tracking system, however, a lot of us haven't been able to access it until it arrives at the embassy and they process it, so just depends.

For now, call and get your case number (like people have been saying, you really need patience for this part, can take AGES to get through)

No worries! You just need SRC for DS-160. You will need a case number, though for rest so keep calling the NVC and asking for it until they give it.

Be polite, but a little pushy, and just say you really just want the case number (because, honestly, i got my case number a month ago from them on the phone and just got the letter with it from NVC like 2 days ago).

They will know if the packet has left. Once it is in the system (you won't have a case number until it is), hypothetically you should be able to use the CEAC tracking system, however, a lot of us haven't been able to access it until it arrives at the embassy and they process it, so just depends.

For now, call and get your case number (like people have been saying, you really need patience for this part, can take AGES to get through)

Has anyone had success getting the NVC to confirm that a case has been sent to the Embassy? I got my case number from the NVC on 6/9. I called at the end of that week on 6/12 to see if they could tell me if the case had been sent to the embassy, the lady acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. She said "it doesn't get sent, we are waiting for stuff" then when I proceeded to ask more questions she put me on hold, came back and apologized and said she was mistaken, but no the case hadn't left yet."

I'm willing to call again tonight and wait, if there's actually a possibility that they can tell me if/when the case was sent to London.

(L):) I am the petitioner :)(L)

K-1 Journey:

Petition Sent : 9-18-14

Petition Received: 9-19-14

NOA1: 9-23-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 9-29-14

RFE: 4-30-15

RFE Response Rec'd: 5-8-15

NOA 2: 5-19-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 5-26-15

Sent to NVC: 5-29-15

NVC Received : 6-5-15

NVC Case # assigned:6-9-15 (Date received on phone)

Sent to Embassy:6-16-15

Embassy Received:6-19-15

Medical: 6-22-15

Packet 3 Received: Not Received

Packet 3 Sent:6-26-15

Packet 4 Received: Not Received

Interview: 7-27-15 - Approved!!!

POE: 8-20-15

Wedding: 9-12-15

AOS Journey(I-485, I-765, I-131):

Packet Sent: 11-03-2015

Packet Received: 11-04-2015

NOA1: 11-10-2015

Biometrics: 12-01-2015

EAD/AP Approved: 1-25-2016

EAD/AP Mailed:

EAD/AP Received:

AOS Approved: 2-20-16

GC mailed: 2-24-16

GC received:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Has anyone had success getting the NVC to confirm that a case has been sent to the Embassy? I got my case number from the NVC on 6/9. I called at the end of that week on 6/12 to see if they could tell me if the case had been sent to the embassy, the lady acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. She said "it doesn't get sent, we are waiting for stuff" then when I proceeded to ask more questions she put me on hold, came back and apologized and said she was mistaken, but no the case hadn't left yet."

I'm willing to call again tonight and wait, if there's actually a possibility that they can tell me if/when the case was sent to London.

I did, but who knows if it was true? Our was also London and we couldn't track anything until London got it and entered it into the system, at which point it was "Ready".

There is a thread on here that tells you how to "track" through DHL, so if you have a case number yours should have been in the next batch to go to London (they go in batches, so yours could have gone next day or may be like 10 days like ours was)

I can tell you there is no guaranteeing that that is accurate since it is by batches, but ours was pretty darn close from when that batch was "received" by London (like next day).

I did, but who knows if it was true? Our was also London and we couldn't track anything until London got it and entered it into the system, at which point it was "Ready".

There is a thread on here that tells you how to "track" through DHL, so if you have a case number yours should have been in the next batch to go to London (they go in batches, so yours could have gone next day or may be like 10 days like ours was)

I can tell you there is no guaranteeing that that is accurate since it is by batches, but ours was pretty darn close from when that batch was "received" by London (like next day).

Thank you! I will try to call tonight - I can sit on hold while I'm doing stuff at home in the evening. I did look at the DHL page, and I saw a package that had gone out that was to be received by London 6/15, but as of today it I still don't get Ready status. I'll look at the DHL stuff a bit more :)

K-1 Journey:

EAD/AP Mailed:

EAD/AP Received:

GC received:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Where's this thread that tells you how to "track" through DHL?

Timeline

I googled and did the "trick" not sure if its our case that we're tracking since it says it shipped from Boston, but NVC is located in New Hampshire.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You should call NVc at 7am early morning to get through.The system was error now.so if anyone had case number already then after some days you should email to Us consulate and ask them to send you the Instruction package.Same as me they emailed me the Package 3 today.Then I can fill Ds160 and do the next step .

Timeline

So that trick does def. work, email tracking says it shipped from NVC, 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth.. don't know why the website says it was picked up from Boston.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

So that trick does def. work, email tracking says it shipped from NVC, 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth.. don't know why the website says it was picked up from Boston.

would you please tell me how you tracked your package through DHL?

I am trying to follow the link in visa journey, but It doesn't give me any results. My application was shipped on Monday.

Timeline

but what does the trick do for you? it doesn't make your package ship any faster or slower, right?

No of course it doesn't help it ship any faster or slower but it allows people to track their cases to their respective consulates if they wanted instead of having to keep calling NVC.

Filed: Timeline

No of course it doesn't help it ship any faster or slower but it allows people to track their cases to their respective consulates if they wanted instead of having to keep calling NVC.

I see. Makes sense. I just called the NVC every other day early in the morning at my job. That can quickly get annoying though.

Timeline

would you please tell me how you tracked your package through DHL?

I am trying to follow the link in visa journey, but It doesn't give me any results. My application was shipped on Monday.

go on DHL.com, track by reference, if NVC said they sent it out today, 6/17/2015. Suggested to type in a day before NVC said they sent it, so type in for reference "EXP 16 JUN 2015A."

For date range, FROM (put two days before today) and TO (todays date) and finally click on the Country it is being sent to.

I see. Makes sense. I just called the NVC every other day early in the morning at my job. That can quickly get annoying though.

And the CEAC website is down, so you can't get any updates from there. DHL Tracking is easier and you can sign up for email updates so you'll definitely know when consulate received it.

And the CEAC website is down, so you can't get any updates from there. DHL Tracking is easier and you can sign up for email updates so you'll definitely know when consulate received it.

CEAC will start working as soon as the embassy puts your details into their computer system!

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

I called NVC this afternoon, rang on first try, and I only waited 18 mins in the queue. :wow:

They were able to tell me that my case was sent to the Embassy yesterday 6/16. :dancing:

K-1 Journey:

EAD/AP Mailed:

EAD/AP Received:

GC received:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.