garey

My k1 is being send back to CIS for a review and possible revocaton

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello everyone I had my interview on the 18 of march & was given a 221g a white paper it state (you currently do not have sufficient evidence to establish the relationship btw yourself & the petitioner,you may elect to schedule a joint interview within the next 90 days at the embassy in Guyana I email the embassy and got

a reply saying (A review of your case indicates that a joint interview not required.your case is currently pending transfer to the Bureau of citizenship and immigration service of the Department of Homeland Security for review and possible revocation.If CIS determines that the information we are providing constitutes sufficient foundation for initiation revocation proceedings,the petitioner will be send a notice of intent to revoke,that includes a statement of the facts and evidence,and will have the opportunity to respond.

As an alternative,you may choose to marry locally and have your spouse file an 1-130 petition on your behalf.

I am so confuse and frustrated the interview went well at the being the CO was very nice then he ask me how we met I say on line,do your fiancé have kids I say yes went was the 1st time we meet in person,? is his birth date went we get engage he ask me where my fiancé now I say in the us he say he not seeing any pic of my fiancé I took 1 from the album I had & give it to him he ask where it was take I told him he say go sit & he call me back he say your visa is denial he say do you want to get it the hard way or the soft way I say hard he say your fiancé is a fraud he using his job to sponsor you and if he contest he could go to jail my fiancé is a police office our relationship is generous we love each other he want to come to get marry as soon as possible cos the long distance is killing us I love to hear for you guy any input and advice you can give us to help our case I b very greatful.

Okay he has kids. How many. What is the age difference between you two. Also he says he saw no pictures of him and you gave him one. Was it just him? Do you not have pictures of you two together?

I personally would be writing to embassy to get clarification on what do they mean by he is committing fraud. Because marriage don;t fix fraud. You need to nip this in the bud right now.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

His exact word was he is using his job to sponsor you & he can lose his job so I was so confuse & thinking I didn't even ask ? He mean by that cos he was raising his voice

What a bunch of BS from this CO. If I were your fiance I would contact my senator immediately and ask wth these accusations are all about

and file a complaint, get everything he can think of from his police officer job and a statement from the police chief to counter the accusations.

This is utter hog wash. Perhaps the CO wanted to rattle you and see your reaction. You should have said my fiance is a police officer and a good

citizen, he would be happy to come for a second interview himself to speak with you and Sir, your accusation makes no sense given my fiance is a police

officer.

I would definitely request a second interview through a senator and in person and be there for it to speak with the CO.

If your fiance acts fast he may have a slim chance to get this done, time is of the essence, as in start contacting the senator now !

Your fiance had an ill prepared petition and you need to follow the guides here if there is a next time filing and he needs to front load

the petition, he obviously did not send enough evidence.

Last but not least, the embassies are still sending out 221g letters with K1 filers that USCIS will consider revocation on the cases

and make a decision.

Either they are fully aware that K1's are definitely going to be EXPIRED and too lazy to change their swagg

or there is a huge disconnect between DOS and USCIS as to what factually transpires once a fiance petition returns to USCIS.

This is getting old !

K1's do NOT get revoked or reviewed by USCIS, they are allowed to sit in a warehouse and then expire and die the death of "case closed".

So ....either he fights this mess immediately through a senator's help before the case gets returns (it sometimes sits at the embassy for a few weeks)

and he has grounds due to the accusations OR you get married and start over with a top notch- well rounded- quality- front loaded I-130 petition

which will take at least a year.

I would try to fight this and submit a ton of evidence IN PERSON if given the chance to possibly save a year's time on being together.

Good luck !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I was looking up on some of the VJ & some say it might not b a good idea to married went a revocation is pending that why I say that we don't want to get a denial i but we r planning to do so jus want to know if it ok to do so as early as next month

K1 WILL NOT be reviewed by USCIS, it will expire. There is no revocation pending no matter what they told you !

Fight the fraud accusation with a senator a.s.a.p.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

His exact word was he is using his job to sponsor you & he can lose his job so I was so confuse & thinking I didn't even ask ? He mean by that cos he was raising his voice

i agree

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

It sounds like you didn't send a lot of evidence in your initial packet and took bare-bones evidence to the interview.

The kinds of things they like to see:

- Photos together and with each others' families

- Chat logs/texts

- Phone logs

- Gift receipts (Amazon etc) showing you buy things for each other

- Anything else proving you have an ongoing romantic relationship

I would actually suggest, if possible, maybe he can get some leave from work and pay another visit to see you. Then either get married and submit an I-130 petition for a CR-1 visa, or try again for the K-1. Whichever you choose, make sure you have much better evidence this time around. It has to tell the story of your relationship.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

It sounds like you didn't send a lot of evidence in your initial packet and took bare-bones evidence to the interview.

The kinds of things they like to see:

- Photos together and with each others' families

- Chat logs/texts

- Phone logs

- Gift receipts (Amazon etc) showing you buy things for each other

- Anything else proving you have an ongoing romantic relationship

I would actually suggest, if possible, maybe he can get some leave from work and pay another visit to see you. Then either get married and submit an I-130 petition for a CR-1 visa, or try again for the K-1. Whichever you choose, make sure you have much better evidence this time around. It has to tell the story of your relationship.

your correct on the bare-bone evidence we have all of the evidence u mention but my fiancé didn't send in anything cos he had no idea about how the packet was to b send until I join vj then I saw how it was to b prepare.

AT the moment he send in to have leave next month & he coming to visit so we can get marry & file the 1-130

Timeline

The petitioner obviously sent an incomplete packet. Pictures were not included, Intent to marry letter, G325a were all missing.

you correct

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I saw someone else posted the same thing I was thinking which is that if the CIS considers this initial 129F petition to be fraudulent (even if due to lack of evidence) chances are simply getting married and refiling for a spousal visa will likely end up with that petition being flagged and or stopped.

I really think you should find out first what went wrong with the 129F petition to ensure all steps are correctly addressed before refiling another 129 F or the spousal visa petition.

While VJ is a great source for advise about the visa process, it is not the same as sitting down with an immagration lawyer that can point by point ask you what was done or not done so that he/she can discover all that needs to be addressed.

While yes it could be one point the CIS got stuck on, it could also be 2-3-4 points they could be stuck on and only mentioned point one.

If you only spot the one point to correct and there are more points the CIS has attention on, then future petitions could (possibly) be turned down.

It could even be that you did everything correctly in the 129F petition and the person handling some aspect of the case used their "descresion" to flag the petition.

You may (if possible) want to consider an investment of a few hours with a good imagration lawyer who can review your case and get you back on track.

Good luck to you both

Rudy USC

Timeline

I saw someone else posted the same thing I was thinking which is that if the CIS considers this initial 129F petition to be fraudulent (even if due to lack of evidence) chances are simply getting married and refiling for a spousal visa will likely end up with that petition being flagged and or stopped.

I really think you should find out first what went wrong with the 129F petition to ensure all steps are correctly addressed before refiling another 129 F or the spousal visa petition.

While VJ is a great source for advise about the visa process, it is not the same as sitting down with an immagration lawyer that can point by point ask you what was done or not done so that he/she can discover all that needs to be addressed.

While yes it could be one point the CIS got stuck on, it could also be 2-3-4 points they could be stuck on and only mentioned point one.

If you only spot the one point to correct and there are more points the CIS has attention on, then future petitions could (possibly) be turned down.

It could even be that you did everything correctly in the 129F petition and the person handling some aspect of the case used their "descresion" to flag the petition.

You may (if possible) want to consider an investment of a few hours with a good imagration lawyer who can review your case and get you back on track.

Good luck to you both

Rudy USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

hello everyone I had my interview on the 18 of march & was given a 221g a white paper it state (you currently do not have sufficient evidence to establish the relationship btw yourself & the petitioner,you may elect to schedule a joint interview within the next 90 days at the embassy in Guyana I email the embassy and got

a reply saying (A review of your case indicates that a joint interview not required.your case is currently pending transfer to the Bureau of citizenship and immigration service of the Department of Homeland Security for review and possible revocation.If CIS determines that the information we are providing constitutes sufficient foundation for initiation revocation proceedings,the petitioner will be send a notice of intent to revoke,that includes a statement of the facts and evidence,and will have the opportunity to respond.

As an alternative,you may choose to marry locally and have your spouse file an 1-130 petition on your behalf.

I am so confuse and frustrated the interview went well at the being the CO was very nice then he ask me how we met I say on line,do your fiancé have kids I say yes went was the 1st time we meet in person,? is his birth date went we get engage he ask me where my fiancé now I say in the us he say he not seeing any pic of my fiancé I took 1 from the album I had & give it to him he ask where it was take I told him he say go sit & he call me back he say your visa is denial he say do you want to get it the hard way or the soft way I say hard he say your fiancé is a fraud he using his job to sponsor you and if he contest he could go to jail my fiancé is a police office our relationship is generous we love each other he want to come to get marry as soon as possible cos the long distance is killing us I love to hear for you guy any input and advice you can give us to help our case I b very greatful.

My suggestion to you is to have the petitioner go to the Visa Now website.They are lawyers and they will at least give you advice and they are very cheap on their fees.Sorry to hear about your denial I was really praying for you and the other person who had an interview around your same time from Guyana.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

My suggestion to you is to have the petitioner go to the Visa Now website.They are lawyers and they will at least give you advice and they are very cheap on their fees.Sorry to hear about your denial I was really praying for you and the other person who had an interview around your same time from Guyana.

They were great for us and very affordable for an immigration attorney.They had us front load everything and organized everything to present at the interview etc.

Timeline

If misrepresentation was found then he would have received a 221g paper marked as such.

A returned I-129f will not be revoked but will be purposely expired and therefore will not have a hard misrepresentation marker.

A law suit years ago established that returned i-129f for a K1 were allowed to expire and not revoked/denied because then the hard misrep marker

would come into play. It won't hurt to consult a lawyer but I don't think it is necessary in this case.

A FOIA can be filed for more detailed information on the consulate notes.

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.