Janelle2002

A lawyer in California is pushing a ballot measure to legalize killing gay people

308 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Aloha Teddy! I've been up since 0530, but this weather is so nice, I go running on the canal for four miles, just because I can!

Yep, I'll be like Marc posting random bits at odd hours. This not working is for the birds. Can't wait to start work again...

Here's the fallacy of that. When some dude kills and says God is good, is he killing because of his religion? I just see some nutbag. Not a Muslim. That's the disconnect. We address Muslims based on their name and faith alone. Not their works. But a Christian won't have to worry about it, since it's removed automatically.

The same law applies for Muslims as it does for Christians. You shouldn't be called a Muslim if you kill in Islam's name, because you're breaking the sacred rule of the Quran. Just like you're not called a Christian if you go and kill someone and use the bible for an excuse. Both are crazy people.

No, wrong. If someone kills in the name of Christianity or Islam, they are radical Christians or Muslims. Doesn't matter, unless its a cop out means of defense justification, which could be the case. The historical events that stand out are typically pretty clear. We know what the motive was as they are all too happy to tell us. The word "radical" does the service of separating them from mainstream Christians/Muslims. Some folks don't see the difference between radical or mainstream. That's because they want to believe a narrative which is their problem. We do not change reality to combat their misguided understandings.

Timeline

I read you loud and clear.

I guess the point in all this is that we should always remind the less aware between us that religious fanaticism is not something that happens in far away lands they can't even find on a map, and done by people whose name they can't pronounce. It happens in places like California, which they can't find on a map, by people with names like Matt, David, John or George, to name a few.

Religious fanaticism happens everywhere to varying degrees based on how much power the fanatical hold, which is usually associated with the desperation/intelligence of those being ruled.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

A few weeks ago we were in SoCal and I started humming this song - it's one of my favorite Beach Boys' songs... My wife gave me a 'no you di'int' look and started humming Blondie... It wasn't until a couple of days later that it finally dawned on me it was on the soundtrack of American Gigolo. Detente.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Christians rarely do that today.

Hahahahaha sure. Ok. Whatever you say.

Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/tens-of-thousands-of-muslims-flee-christian-militias-in-central-african-republic/2014/02/07/5a1adbb2-9032-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html

They should do the same with Muslims

Should, but we both know this doesn't happen.

No, wrong. If someone kills in the name of Christianity or Islam, they are radical Christians or Muslims. Doesn't matter, unless its a cop out means of defense justification, which could be the case. The historical events that stand out are typically pretty clear. We know what the motive was as they are all too happy to tell us. The word "radical" does the service of separating them from mainstream Christians/Muslims. Some folks don't see the difference between radical or mainstream. That's because they want to believe a narrative which is their problem. We do not change reality to combat their misguided understandings.

But we do on a regular basis here.

I posted this earlier but it's not here. The 21 people killed by ISIS were identified as Christians. How do we know that? What makes them Christians? See how the title is interchangeable? If those same 21 dudes were criminals, they wouldn't be identified as Christians. Because people want to frame people who do these things as radical Muslims, but do a check. No one will call a KKK member a radical Christian, or the AB bombers, or the WBC. They will NEVER be identified as part of Christianity, even though their message comes directly from the bible. 78.6% of this country identifies as Christian, but if they commit a crime, even if it's in God's name, you will never see them labeled as a radical Christian. I'd wager in a straight Muslim country, the same thing happens on the other end of the spectrum. Whoever is the majority makes the rules.

If you kill in the name of any God, you're not a saved person. I won't calls someone a radical Christian or radical Muslim. You're evil and don't deserve the title of either.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The only religion responsible for terrorism and violence is the cult of ignorance, which incidentally is not exclusive to any one people or country.

Obama already said religion is not responsible for terrorism and violence.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Hahahahaha sure. Ok. Whatever you say.

Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/tens-of-thousands-of-muslims-flee-christian-militias-in-central-african-republic/2014/02/07/5a1adbb2-9032-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html

I didn't see any mention of killing in the name of God.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

There we have it folks. Since Obama said it, it must be true. :rofl:

I didn't see any mention of killing in the name of God.

:rolleyes:

Well, all I can control is what I do.

Good for you GandD. I agree.

Timeline

But we do on a regular basis here.

I posted this earlier but it's not here. The 21 people killed by ISIS were identified as Christians. How do we know that? What makes them Christians? See how the title is interchangeable? If those same 21 dudes were criminals, they wouldn't be identified as Christians. Because people want to frame people who do these things as radical Muslims, but do a check. No one will call a KKK member a radical Christian, or the AB bombers, or the WBC. They will NEVER be identified as part of Christianity, even though their message comes directly from the bible. 78.6% of this country identifies as Christian, but if they commit a crime, even if it's in God's name, you will never see them labeled as a radical Christian. I'd wager in a straight Muslim country, the same thing happens on the other end of the spectrum. Whoever is the majority makes the rules.

If you kill in the name of any God, you're not a saved person. I won't calls someone a radical Christian or radical Muslim. You're evil and don't deserve the title of either.

Same answer for you "Well, all I can control is what I do."

As for ISIS, what they're doing is in the name of Islam. Now because these guys are clearly out there and not to be associated with mainstream peaceful Muslims, we give them the title "radical" or "radicalized" The whole point of that word is to separate. Evil doesn't exist Marvin, humans do what humans do based on motives, whatever they may be for whatever reason. After an action, we try to find the "why" Sometimes its religion, sometimes its other things. But we'll be at a crossroads here because I don't believe in God or any of the rest of it. So to me, evil is not an excuse. There's a reason behind actions.

Same answer for you "Well, all I can control is what I do."

As for ISIS, what they're doing is in the name of Islam. Now because these guys are clearly out there and not to be associated with mainstream peaceful Muslims, we give them the title "radical" or "radicalized" The whole point of that word is to separate. Evil doesn't exist Marvin, humans do what humans do based on motives, whatever they may be for whatever reason. After an action, we try to find the "why" Sometimes its religion, sometimes its other things. But we'll be at a crossroads here because I don't believe in God or any of the rest of it. So to me, evil is not an excuse. There's a reason behind actions.

I'm not so sure about that. There are millions of muslims that practice their faith without incident. I've read the Quran, yet I have no desire to go and murder people who don't agree with me. I don't think a sane person would murder a bunch of people and then kill themselves. But we don't know...

And folks in this country don't separate. They see Muslims as one and the same.

Edited by Marvin and Su

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

but he's a pansie-boy, a former sodomite. Why quote him?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !