Janelle2002

A lawyer in California is pushing a ballot measure to legalize killing gay people

308 posts in this topic

I call it 'the other west coast'...

As soon as he gets back to *ahem* work, he'll be the "muddy left ditch late shift".

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Really?

Then tell me. Why aren't the abortion bombers called radical "Christians"? Because those horrible acts were committed in the name of Jesus Christ. Would you call them Christians? The KKK quotes the bible as its source material, and calls itself a Christian organization. Would you call them Christians? Almost any extremists group uses Christianity as it's mission statement and why it's their God given right to hate other groups of people. Yet, when they kill, what do we call them? Crazy people. Even when they WBC screams bible verses, they're not called a Christian group. Why not? They're doing these things in the name Christianity, so why aren't they called Christians?

I'll tell you why. Because you and NB are holding two different standards when it comes to Christ and Islam. You're saying a Christian would never do such hurtful things, but a Muslim would.

That's not at all what I'm saying.

Abortion bombers are radical Christians, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. KKK is a mix of Christian/racial radicals. That's their motives.

Now what does not count is a christian/muslim/whatever guy that kills someone for giving them a bum deal on a house His religion is pretty much a moot point. He killed out of anger or revenge. Not because his religion told him too. Therefore you can't compare crime committed by Christians to Muslims for that matter to crimes committed with religion being the sole motivator. Whatever that religion might be. Get me?

Timeline

Since Matt is using religion and citing a god in his law, we're on point by putting him in the same bag with other religious nutjobs who advocate or commit murder based solely on superstition.

Yes, this guy is doing it for religious reasons. It counts. I was replying to something Marvin said when he talked about "crime committed by Christians" as a whole. Which wouldn't count unless said crimes were done with their religion being the motivator. You guys are forgetting, there's a boat load of half hearted Christians that live quite loosely based on the bible.

Edited by GandD

I'll tell you why. Because you and NB are holding two different standards when it comes to Christ and Islam. You're saying a Christian would never do such hurtful things, but a Muslim would.

G and NB being lumped together?? Hell finally has frozen over!! :lol:

I'm on everyone else's side.... i know.

The problem I have is when everyone separates a Christian from other Christians when they commit atrocious acts in the name of God.

I see somebody on the far left coast just rolled out of bed.

Oh Hi Marv!!

Aloha Teddy! I've been up since 0530, but this weather is so nice, I go running on the canal for four miles, just because I can!

As soon as he gets back to *ahem* work, he'll be the "muddy left ditch late shift".

Yep, I'll be like Marc posting random bits at odd hours. This not working is for the birds. Can't wait to start work again...

Abortion bombers are radical Christians, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. KKK is a mix of Christian/racial radicals. That's their motives.

Now what does not count is a christian/muslim/whatever guy that kills someone for giving them a bum deal on a house His religion is pretty much a moot point. He killed out of anger or revenge. Not because his religion told him too. Therefore you can't compare crime committed by Christians to Muslims for that matter to crimes committed with religion being the sole motivator. Whatever that religion might be. Get me?

Here's the fallacy of that. When some dude kills and says God is good, is he killing because of his religion? I just see some nutbag. Not a Muslim. That's the disconnect. We address Muslims based on their name and faith alone. Not their works. But a Christian won't have to worry about it, since it's removed automatically.

The same law applies for Muslims as it does for Christians. You shouldn't be called a Muslim if you kill in Islam's name, because you're breaking the sacred rule of the Quran. Just like you're not called a Christian if you go and kill someone and use the bible for an excuse. Both are crazy people.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I read you loud and clear.

I guess the point in all this is that we should always remind the less aware between us that religious fanaticism is not something that happens in far away lands they can't even find on a map, and done by people whose name they can't pronounce. It happens in places like California, which they can't find on a map, by people with names like Matt, David, John or George, to name a few.

Yes, this guy is doing it for religious reasons. It counts. I was replying to something Marvin said when he talked about "crime committed by Christians" as a whole. Which wouldn't count unless said crimes were done with their religion being the motivator. You guys are forgetting, there's a boat load of half hearted Christians that live quite loosely based on the bible.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

The problem I have is when everyone separates a Christian from other Christians when they commit atrocious acts in the name of God.

They should do the same with Muslims