Janelle2002

A lawyer in California is pushing a ballot measure to legalize killing gay people

308 posts in this topic

Indeed today, a lot more folks are tolerant of same sex anything and when contrasted to 50 years ago, the perceptions have changed a lot. Still, there are more than 30,000 (thirty thousand) different denominations that claim to be Christian. Are they all right? All wrong? Some right, some wrong? The laws of America provide for the freedom of folks to practice their religion and beliefs and to be free of government persecution. These laws do not provide a free ticket to berate or harm anyone who self identifies as being a same sex person. The oppression you think is happening, is NOT happening. You can bet your sweet bippy that anyone who loses their job, or is discriminated against for being gay, would be page one in the NYT, headline on CNN, and MSNBC. Where are all those stories? With so many folksbitching about being oppressed on the basis of their sexual orientation, the stories of acceptance and tolerance are ignored.

you're funny.

and you also outed your obviously very very limited media intake. stories of acceptance and tolerance are everywhere. try upworthy, if you can stomach it.

Filed: Other Timeline

The stories about homophobia that make news are not about losing jobs, they are about being beaten up or assaulted for being LBGT. Now why don't you take your 1950's mindset and go read up on the Constitution. Especially the first Amendment, it might blow your mind.

You spill the mantra of the LBGT community. To the contrary, there are more folks who are openly attacked, with lives ruined simply for not agreeing with a gay lifestyle. Until someone burns the constitution and writes a new one, the law of the land is:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

There are however laws that prevent any religion from oppressing, or assaulting, or causing harm to others within or without of their religion. These same rules do not apply to the LGBT community who seek to destroy anyone who does not agree.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

IMHO polygamy should exist as counterpart to polyandry. I'd love to hear a discussion on the latter.

Maybe he just wants a variety? Personally I don't know why anyone would want multiple women busting their balls. One is enough.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Marriage is a legal contract between TWO people. Not between three, four, a thousand... It is also not between a person and an animal. That is such a tired excuse it is sad.

This is starting to sound familiar. For the umpteenth, hundredth time, (when you brought this up in the past) homosexuality has nothing to do with polygamy. Polygamy doesn't need to legalized. It will just be legal oppression of women. That is it. When a man wants more than one wife he is just looking to oppress, abuse and misuse.

To clarify the point I made, I do not believe gay marriage and polygamy or plural marriage (or whatever you want to call it) are analogous. Nor do I believe that legalising gay marriage is a slippery slope to a man marrying a goat, his daughter or a cheerleading squad.

However that is something that is often offered as a counterpoint to the argument that reducing marriage to a legal contract must then grant legitimacy to any spurious agreement that can be ratified under contract law.

In short, I'm glad we agree.

Edited by Venkman

Maybe he just wants a variety? Personally I don't know why anyone would want multiple women busting their balls. One is enough.

Please. A man wanting more than one wife is looking to suppress and oppress.

IMHO polygamy should exist as counterpart to polyandry. I'd love to hear a discussion on the latter.

The chicken shyt men would never go for this. Sharing a woman to exploit her during a ménage trois is okay for men, but marrying her and she already has a husband, men won't do it.

Nothing in the US constitution, or in the USA provides for force-feeding a way of life upon others. Those methods are reserved for regimes like North Korea, and Iran, and their fellow buddies of oppression. The majority of Christians in America want the right to practice their religion without being persecuted for what they believe. You see, that's the reason we are different than other countries is that we provide a method of tolerance to difference points of view. However, be it known that the most intolerant group in America is the radical left. They are allowed their point of view, but the law of the land is they can't force feed their ala-carte dessert to anyone who doesn't want to eat it.

To clarify the point I made, I do not believe gay marriage and polygamy or plural marriage (or whatever you want to call it) are analogous. Nor do I believe that legalising gay marriage is a slippery slope to a man marrying a goat, his daughter or a cheerleading squad.

However that is something that is often offered as a counterpoint to the argument that reducing marriage to a legal contract must then grant legitimacy to any spurious agreement that can be ratified under contract law.

In short, I'm glad we agree.

Roger that

Greetings

It has come to our attention that certain members of this forum are not playing by the rules.

This is an Immigration website that caters to all legal US immigrants which currently includes gay and lesbian fiances and spouses.

We will not tolerate the homophobia of others here.

I would like to remind the inept moderators to refer to their own TOS which seem to selectively apply here.

We will not go away until action is taken against the guilty parties involved.

WE ARE ANONYMOUS.

Nothing in the US constitution, or in the USA provides for force-feeding a way of life upon others. Those methods are reserved for regimes like North Korea, and Iran, and their fellow buddies of oppression. The majority of Christians in America want the right to practice their religion without being persecuted for what they believe. You see, that's the reason we are different than other countries is that we provide a method of tolerance to difference points of view. However, be it known that the most intolerant group in America is the radical left. They are allowed their point of view, but the law of the land is they can't force feed their ala-carte dessert to anyone who doesn't want to eat it.

if the 'radical left' were the intolerant beasts you make them out to be, the agenda would be to force heterosexual individuals to enter into same sex marriage against their will, which obviously is stupid and has never once been a thing.

Greetings

It has come to our attention that certain members of this forum are not playing by the rules.

This is an Immigration website that caters to all legal US immigrants which currently includes gay and lesbian fiances and spouses.

I would like to remind the inept moderators to refer to their own TOS which seem to selectively apply here.

WE ARE ANONYMOUS.

It's the freaking Borg. Resistance is futile.

Note: Just cut one of those hoses on their weird costume and watch their whole lunch spew out.

Greetings

WE ARE ANONYMOUS.

Where are you when the TOS violations involves racism against blacks?

if the 'radical left' were the intolerant beasts you make them out to be, the agenda would be to force heterosexual individuals to enter into same sex marriage against their will, which obviously is stupid and has never once been a thing.

Isn't America the most wonderful place. You are free to express your point of view, regardless how misinformed and intolerant as it may be, and I am also allowed to present fact based information which are proven for generations to be panty bunching to the intolerant and pretentious left wing radicals.

Edited by xxClosedxx