chimex231

DO I NEED SENEGAL VISA TO VISIT MY FIANCE IN DAKAR SENEGAL

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Please i want to know if i need a visa to visit my fiance in Dakar Senegal , please i want someone to help me out , how to go about the visa issue, do i need to apply for Senegal visa or do i obtain visa at the point of entry , please i need some ideas on what to do about this .. what are they requirements or procedures to get this done

THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION

Filed: Timeline

Please i want to know if i need a visa to visit my fiance in Dakar Senegal , please i want someone to help me out , how to go about the visa issue, do i need to apply for Senegal visa or do i obtain visa at the point of entry , please i need some ideas on what to do about this .. what are they requirements or procedures to get this done

THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION

This website/forum is about US visas.

You can obtain the visa at the point of entry when you get to the airport or you can call the Senegal Consulate in DC. 202-234-0540 they will give you the website where you can go for the visa application, pay for the fees and print it.

Good luck.

Born and raised in Senegal....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to General Immigration-Related Discussion Forum~

~Inquiry about Senegal visitor visas, not K1-related~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

You can obtain the visa at the point of entry when you get to the airport or you can call the Senegal Consulate in DC. 202-234-0540 they will give you the website where you can go for the visa application, pay for the fees and print it.

Good luck.

Born and raised in Senegal....

thanks you a lot i appreciate , do my fiance need to send me invitation letter or do i just get a flight ticket , when i arrived in senegal , i will pay the whatever amount is the visa feel , do you think it will work that way ?

thanks for your response

thanks you a lot i appreciate , do my fiance need to send me invitation letter or do i just get a flight ticket , when i arrived in senegal , i will pay the whatever amount is the visa feel , do you think it will work that way ?

thanks for your response

You are welcome.

No she does not need to send you an invitation.

Yes you can. Buy you tix, and when you get there pay for the visa. It usually takes 5 to 15 minutes depending on how many people are on the line.

Timeline

You are welcome.

No she does not need to send you an invitation.

Yes you can. Buy you tix, and when you get there pay for the visa. It usually takes 5 to 15 minutes depending on how many people are on the line.

thanks a lot sir, i so much appreciate your contribution to this ,,,, one more thing but i will find out when i get there, do you have any crew about the visa fee? like how much???

thanks a lot sir, i so much appreciate your contribution to this ,,,, one more thing but i will find out when i get there, do you have any crew about the visa fee? like how much???

About 60-70. I am not really sure though. I was going to buy when I was going there last year, but I figured that I could use 2 different passports for one trip.

Like using my Senegalese passport going there, and my US passport coming back. I am pretty sure that the consulate could help you about the price if give them a call. They are pretty helpfull.

Edited by lamineline

Timeline

About 60-70. I am not really sure though. I was going to buy when I was going there last year, but I figured that I could use 2 different passports for one trip.

Like using my Senegalese passport going there, and my US passport coming back. I am pretty sure that the consulate could help you about the price if give them a call. They are pretty helpfull.

yes my good friend, you have been of a good help to me about this , thanks a lot , i will give them a call later in the day and find out the visa fee, if there is anyother things i will like to know , i won't hesitate to hit you up on here .. i want to go see the beauty of your country, they said is one of the most peaceful countries in Africa .. hope you have a day

i am using my boy friend page to write you , he doesn't know much about this either

thanks

yes my good friend, you have been of a good help to me about this , thanks a lot , i will give them a call later in the day and find out the visa fee, if there is anyother things i will like to know , i won't hesitate to hit you up on here .. i want to go see the beauty of your country, they said is one of the most peaceful countries in Africa .. hope you have a day

i am using my boy friend page to write you , he doesn't know much about this either

thanks

Anytime.

Don't forget yellow fever vaccine proof (yellow vaccine booklet) and anti-malarials. Pretty sure you can't get a visa on entry - need to get one ahead of time.

http://dakar.usembassy.gov/information_for_travelers.html

Traveling to Senegal

New Visa Requirements For Entry Into Senegal

As of July 1, 2013, a valid passport and visa are required for entry into Senegal. For travelers arriving from yellow-fever endemic countries, evidence of yellow-fever vaccination is also required for entry into Senegal.

The official website for acquiring a visa is hosted by Société Nationale d'Edition de Documents Administratifs et d'Identification (SNEDAI). U.S. citizens wishing to travel to Senegal must pre-enroll for the visa and pay the fees online before traveling. Visas can also be obtained directly at either the Senegalese Embassy in Washington, D.C., or the Senegalese Consulate in New York City prior to travel. You will likely be denied boarding or entry if you lack the proper documentation before arriving in Senegal.

As entry requirements are subject to change, travelers should obtain the latest information from the Embassy of Senegal, 2215 M Street, NW, Washington DC 20037, telephone (202) 234-0540 and the SNEDAI website.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

yes my friend, this helped me more after reading it ,, i will call them this morning , so i know what i have to ask them about ... you have been of a good help so far .. thank you very much ... are you in senegal ?

Don't forget yellow fever vaccine proof (yellow vaccine booklet) and anti-malarials. Pretty sure you can't get a visa on entry - need to get one ahead of time.

http://dakar.usembassy.gov/information_for_travelers.html

Traveling to Senegal

New Visa Requirements For Entry Into Senegal

As of July 1, 2013, a valid passport and visa are required for entry into Senegal. For travelers arriving from yellow-fever endemic countries, evidence of yellow-fever vaccination is also required for entry into Senegal.

The official website for acquiring a visa is hosted by Société Nationale d'Edition de Documents Administratifs et d'Identification (SNEDAI). U.S. citizens wishing to travel to Senegal must pre-enroll for the visa and pay the fees online before traveling. Visas can also be obtained directly at either the Senegalese Embassy in Washington, D.C., or the Senegalese Consulate in New York City prior to travel. You will likely be denied boarding or entry if you lack the proper documentation before arriving in Senegal.

As entry requirements are subject to change, travelers should obtain the latest information from the Embassy of Senegal, 2215 M Street, NW, Washington DC 20037, telephone (202) 234-0540 and the SNEDAI website.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Google it!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.