Moustafa/Crystal

Sending AOS and IV in one packet

10 posts in this topic

I am going to send the AOS and IV documents as one packet and not in separate envelopes in a larger envelope like the wiki says to do. Three reasons...

1. The welcome letter checklist implies that there is only one packet.

2. The travel.state.gov site says....After you collect your Affidavit of Support form(s) and financial evidence in Step 4, and supporting documents in Step 5, you must submit all of your forms, financial evidence, and photocopies of your original civil documents in ONE package to the NVC. Your case may be significantly delayed if you fail to submit all of your documents in one package.

3. There is now only one address....

If neither Method 1: Email processing nor Method 2: Choice of processing applies to your case, mail your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, translations, and photocopies, with the Document Cover Sheet included with your NVC Welcome Letter, to the following address:

National Visa Center
Attn: DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I have been planning the same approach with our packet, unless I hear differently.

I am going to send the AOS and IV documents as one packet and not in separate envelopes in a larger envelope like the wiki says to do. Three reasons...

1. The welcome letter checklist implies that there is only one packet.

2. The travel.state.gov site says....After you collect your Affidavit of Support form(s) and financial evidence in Step 4, and supporting documents in Step 5, you must submit all of your forms, financial evidence, and photocopies of your original civil documents in ONE package to the NVC. Your case may be significantly delayed if you fail to submit all of your documents in one package.

3. There is now only one address....

If neither Method 1: Email processing nor Method 2: Choice of processing applies to your case, mail your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, translations, and photocopies, with the Document Cover Sheet included with your NVC Welcome Letter, to the following address:

National Visa Center
Attn: DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent all documents in one sheet protector in one envelope, not two separate sheet in one envelope. I think if all in one sheet would be better since they mention ONE underlined

Month/Day/Year

09/26/2013 - Priority Date

10/01/2013- NOA1

11/01/2013- NOA2-approved

12/10/2013- NVC received my case and get Case#

02/14/2015- Received email from NVC to pay AOS fee and choose agent

02/15/2015- DS-261 generated & filled and AOS fee paid

02/23/2015 - All documents sent

02/24/2015 - NVC received documents

02/28/2015 - NVC Scan Date 02/24/2015

03/04/2015 - Received email from NVC to pay IV fee

03/04/2015 - IV fee paid 03/17/2015 - IV shows "PAID"

03/17/2015 - DS-260 filled and 30 business days for review

03/31/2015 Stupid Checklist :( " need to mark that I'm LPR")

03/31/2015 Sent the corrected I-864EZ

04/01/2015 Scan Date of Stupid checklist

04/24/2015 CASE COMPLETED over phone :):dancing:

05/01/2015 CASE COMPLETED EMAIL

06/09/2015 Email received with interview Date :):dancing:

06/22/2015 Medical Exam Completed

07/07/2015 Interview Date :) :)

07/07/2015 CEAC changed to "Administrative Processing" they need another I-864 form because newborn baby

08/03/2015 Visa Issued :):dancing:

08/08/2015 Visa Received :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

I paid the fees online and then sent ALL the paperwork in one packet. Done this twice now (stepdaughters) first time worked great, so far so good on the second one. Received my letter in January, just waiting for the 60 days to go by before i start calling.

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone needing further info on this:

I called NVC last night and spoke to a very friendly lady who answered all my questions. One was the same as yours. She said to send everything in one package with the cover sheet on top. No need to separate them. Just make sure the items are in the order the cover sheet says.

By the way, did you send an additional cover letter like the wiki suggests?

I did send a cover letter. I used their numbering system in my cover letter and listed everything that was under each section. I also double hole punched and bound the whole package at the top. I read that somewhere that that is how they wanted the original petition...so I figured I should do the same to this one.....and I had to buy a box of like 100 two hole punch binders..thought I should use at least one more of those things.

Looks like package review is taking less than 30 days. The NVC appears to be kicking it into high gear.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just a quick question.... Do you need a separate barcode sheet for IV Docs also ????

Since we have to send AOS docs and IV docs in same packet.... Can just the AOS cover sheet be sent or we have to wait to pay IV fees too and then download the cover sheet for IV and then send all the docs...with 2 bar code sheets I.e one for AOS and one for IV ???

After u send DS261 and pay AOS fees can u immediately send all the documents with the bar code sheet generated after paying AOS fees????

Replies highly appreciated ..... Thank you

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just a quick question.... Do you need a separate barcode sheet for IV Docs also ????

Since we have to send AOS docs and IV docs in same packet.... Can just the AOS cover sheet be sent or we have to wait to pay IV fees too and then download the cover sheet for IV and then send all the docs...with 2 bar code sheets I.e one for AOS and one for IV ???

After u send DS261 and pay AOS fees can u immediately send all the documents with the bar code sheet generated after paying AOS fees????

Replies highly appreciated ..... Thank you

Yes, send the documents as soon as you can so your case gets in the process just by using the AOS sheet. The sooner you do the better. A lot of people here did that including me and just did the IV whenever it was invoiced with the case already in cue.

• 5 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

What if I have two beneficiaries, wife and daughter(7yo), they have i864 and i864w, can I just send using 1 envelope? Im still working of their DS260 because we're waiting for their passport,Can I send just the affidavit of support with documents without the ds260?

• 5 months later...

Can someone pls place his example of cover letter they put on top of everything?

My wife recently changed her last name, so I presume we need to send our own cover letter where we would write that we put documents of legal name change from court and passport copy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.