hulio82

Just completed my interview in Houston

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just an update for anyone who's interested-

• completed my interview today. I didn't have to wait. I showed up 30 mins early and had my name called within 10 minutes
  • My interviewer was african american lady. Seemed pretty nice and laid back
  • Asked me to confirm my name and address
  • Proceeded with writing test, speaking test first and then the quiz
  • Then asked me standard questions in the application- have you been part of terrorist group, have you been arrested, etc.
    • on the question if i have ever been questioned by law enforcement- i said No and she did a double take. She asked "never?" to which i said- well i've gotten warnings, and she moved on to the next question
  • She asked me where i was employed, the date i started and to write down the company name and address on post it and hand it to her.
  • Asked about selective service- if i was registered. I said yes and she asked for a card- All i had was a print out which i obtained from the selective service website which i provided to her. no more questions on that
  • She asked me if i was familiar with the pledge of allegiance. I said "yes" and she asked me to summarize it. I said something to the effect of "I will respect the constitution, the laws- obey the laws, serve the nation and the military". I wasn't prepared for this question, but she was fine with my response.
  • Finally, since my application was marriage based, she asked if i had any utility bills- i handed her a copy of the most recent utility bill with me and my wife's name on it. She asked if i had anything else to submit and i told her i had tax statements and she said she would accept them.
    • I wasn't expecting her to request documentation. Not sure what she would have done if i didn't have these on hand- ask me to mail them in and mark my application as pending? but she seemed very easy going where i feel if i had said i don't have them, she may have just moved on.
  • got approved and said to wait in the waiting area to get my instructions for the oath ceremony.
  • total time was 1.5 hours

Congrats!!!

N400-319b

CSC

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|YellowLtr|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

PFLETCHER........|10/30/13|02/09|02/19|02/24|03/20/15|03/12/15.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|04/08/15.|04/22/15.|San Bernardino, CA(Early FP 3/10)

Congratulations !!!

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

• completed my interview today. I didn't have to wait. I showed up 30 mins early and had my name called within 10 minutes
  • Then asked me standard questions in the application- have you been part of terrorist group, have you been arrested, etc.
    • on the question if i have ever been questioned by law enforcement- i said No and she did a double take. She asked "never?" to which i said- well i've gotten warnings, and she moved on to the next question
  • She asked me where i was employed, the date i started and to write down the company name and address on post it and hand it to her.
  • Asked about selective service- if i was registered. I said yes and she asked for a card- All i had was a print out which i obtained from the selective service website which i provided to her. no more questions on that
  • She asked me if i was familiar with the pledge of allegiance. I said "yes" and she asked me to summarize it. I said something to the effect of "I will respect the constitution, the laws- obey the laws, serve the nation and the military". I wasn't prepared for this question, but she was fine with my response.
  • Finally, since my application was marriage based, she asked if i had any utility bills- i handed her a copy of the most recent utility bill with me and my wife's name on it. She asked if i had anything else to submit and i told her i had tax statements and she said she would accept them.
    • I wasn't expecting her to request documentation. Not sure what she would have done if i didn't have these on hand- ask me to mail them in and mark my application as pending? but she seemed very easy going where i feel if i had said i don't have them, she may have just moved on.
  • got approved and said to wait in the waiting area to get my instructions for the oath ceremony.

I am 2015 February filer and from Houston too. Can you share your timeline? Is it true that Houston will take about 10 months from start to oath?

Are we expecting to bring all supporting documents to the interview day again? Since we already submitted them all along with N400 (marriage based).

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations! Thanks for such a great detailed summary. I think you meant oath of allegiance and not pledge or allegiance :-)

I'm glad you had the extra documentation on hand and that there was no delay. How long did it take to get your oath letter and when is it?

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am 2015 February filer and from Houston too. Can you share your timeline? Is it true that Houston will take about 10 months from start to oath?

Are we expecting to bring all supporting documents to the interview day again? Since we already submitted them all along with N400 (marriage based).

Thanks

they received my n400 in July and my interview was in March..so about 8 months.

I wasn't sure on what documents to bring, so i brought copies of all the documents i submitted with my n400 application + any updates (copies of bank statements, utility bills, etc. from July 2014 when i submitted the application - to now. I didn't bring copies for each month- just randomly picked picked 2 months). hope this makes sense.

Congratulations! Thanks for such a great detailed summary. I think you meant oath of allegiance and not pledge or allegiance :-)

I'm glad you had the extra documentation on hand and that there was no delay. How long did it take to get your oath letter and when is it?

yes..oath of allegiance. i had to wait for about 45 minutes till they brought the oath letter out to me. oath is on march 25th.

Edited by hulio82

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

wow congrats man!

I am glad that you went there prepared. It does not hurt to bring extra stuffs the interview day. In your case it did help.

Thanks for sharing your experience

Congratulations...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations, and thanks for your valuable, detailed report.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.