IV documents:

Bar coded cover sheet

copy of birth certificate

copy of marriage contract

copy of NBI clearance/police clearance

copy of biographic passport page

Photographs 2 pcs

Thanks.... Will do soon as I get the IV FEES sorted out

Thanks Franklin, one more question, what is a tax return?, I got transcripts and w2, but where am I gonna get a tax return?

PD: March 31, 2014

Case complete: June 8, 2015

Interview letter: September 15, 2015

Interview date: October 6, 2015

Visa on hand: xxxx

POE: xxxx ✈️✈️✈️

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Thanks Franklin, one more question, what is a tax return?, I got transcripts and w2, but where am I gonna get a tax return?

Tax return is the form that you get when you finish your tax return process. Since for this year, many of us recently submitted our tax form, tax transcripts through IRS is not available yet. So you need to have your tax return form for this year if you don't have it's transcript via IRS.

Center: California Service Center:

• 03/26/2014 I-130 Documents sent
  • 03/282014 NOA1 - Priority date
  • 04/01/2014 Email notification
  • 04/21/2014 NOA2 approved

Center: National Visa Center (NVC)

• 06/03/2014 Case number, and IIN
  • 04/03/2015 Welcome letter received by email

PD is Current eventually!!! :dancing:

Adjustment of Status Via USCIS:

• 10/05/2015 Documents sent (I-485)
  • 24/04/2016 Interview
  • 05/05/2016 Received Green card

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Ip7Mm5.png

Oh ok thanks so much, I filed my tax early this year I got the 2014 transcript, so meaning I don't need the tax return anymore right?..I sound dumb!...sorry...??

PD: March 31, 2014

Case complete: June 8, 2015

Interview letter: September 15, 2015

Interview date: October 6, 2015

Visa on hand: xxxx

POE: xxxx ✈️✈️✈️

Timeline

Oh ok thanks so much, I filed my tax early this year I got the 2014 transcript, so meaning I don't need the tax return anymore right?..I sound dumb!...sorry...??

Tax transcript from IRS would be enough and more formal for the counselors. So you don't need your tax return forms, though if you have them, you might bring them too. But it is not mandatory.

• 24/04/2016 Interview

Ip7Mm5.png

Timeline

Thanks Ali...u guys are big help!!..thanks!! ???

No problem! I got lots of helps here from different people too. sharing the experiences here, help everyone figure out his/her problem and try to solve it.

• 24/04/2016 Interview

Ip7Mm5.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

pd may 2014 not approved i130 yet just transferred Vsc to Csc.

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

08/05/14 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

24/03/15: Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

29/03/15: Hard copy of transfer received in mail:P

29/04/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) -

NVC -

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

18/05/15 : NVC received the case (informed during the email to NVC on 19/05/2015

26/5/2015: Case number assigned

2/6/2015 : AOS bill Available and paid

25/06/2015: AOS and iv package mailed to NVC

28/06/2015 : IV bill available and paid

by mail

05/07/2015 : DS-260 Available and completed

xx/xx/xx : Case Complete

CONSULATE

xx/xx/xx : Medical

xx/xx/xx : Interview

xx/xx/xx : Visa in hand

xx/xx/xx : POE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I understand you. I think your question has been asked by other people and has been accurately answered a couple of times.

What you actually need to do is to look for a thread with people that recently paid their AOS and ask them.

September to December 2012 and some January 2014 recently paid their AOS and I saw a question very similar to yours answered from time to time.

Just ask them in those thread and you're guaranteed to be responded to.

Thank you franklinadamau,

The reason why I was thinking about an immigration lawyer is that - as you can see from my super late reply - I am extremely busy at work and sometimes I really feel like I cannot bear filling all the forms I will be asked.

Besides, since we have already gone throuhg the USCIS stage (and, like someone said "the big part is done"), I thought a lawyer is not going to ask for too much but in fact my first experience (in asking for a consultation) was not that positive because the lawyer wanted to be paid even for the first meeting (that most of the time is free).

Therefore, I scheduled an appoinment with the USCIS of the city I live (asking for a permission at work) and they said not to worry about a lawyer.

More in detail, regarding the point number 19 of the form i-864ez AOS they suggested me - to feel safer - to do both: file the only tax return I have (I started working in october 2014) and, then, also filling out the form required for the joint sponsor and they will decide whether or not using the sponsor as well (like I told the USCIS officer, thankfully my income is above the poverty line but I have filed the tax return only once).

To tell you the truth, I am not sure 100% that is the right (by "right" I mean: the best) thing to do because it seems to be little bit "confusing" but I am getting persuaded that I can go through the papers on my own.

Especially because my PD is april 14 and I believe it is gonna be a matter of couple of months before I will be able to log in the CEAC website.

Well, actually, I can already access the CEAC page (by entering Case Number and Invoice ID) but the fee is still "Not Invoiced"; however, this does not surprise me as I have access ever since I accomplished the USCIS stage that it took me a bit more than one month (as I filed through direct consular - no difference in term of total lenght of the entire process).

Anyways, I remain fully open for advices and really appreciate any help on this regard.

Thank you all :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

daniel english i dont know if that can be helpful but there is some sort of immigration offices they usually are not laywers but they help u filling out the forms tell u what to do and what kind of paper that u will need and the futur its usually by communities , i ve seen polish offices , arabic offices and mexican offices

when i start the process with uscis they helped me filling out the form he checked every paper that brought checked every single signature date i paid 40 dollar and i have other friends they got the same kind of help for free.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Thank you tizmouss,

It would be great!

However, I really do not know where I could find such offices in the city I live (Salt Lake, UT)

From the first - and very quick - research I did online nothing showed up but I will keep searching and let you guys know.

Again, thank you for your suggestion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.