Mr & Mrs. RC

F2A PD February 2014 to May 2014 update

471 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

My service centet CSC. And I'm hoping thisnis just all the need.i will still wait for the mail before i send the form just to be sure but u can pls let me know the address and how long after u sent more information u got approved

Thanks for your response and concern

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok thanks for all the information. I will still wait till the letter arrive and start getting any other evidence i can but honestly i have no joint account or property with my spouse.i maybe able to provide funds transfer evidence i have sent tru western union over the years...i really do hope this is not the case and what is needed as i just suspect is the G325A

why not tell us what you sent in - especially what you sent as evidence?

in the meantime, here's some more info:

Note: Evidence of a bona fide Marriage
The USCIS now requires that when filing an I-130 for a spouse that you include evidence of a bona fide marriage. They list examples of acceptable evidence as: 1. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or 2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or 3. Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or 4. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or 5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or 6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union Edited by sbai2000

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Timeline

I sent the i130 form with copies of my passport front page and my green card photocopied front and back.a copy of marriage certificate and picutures of the marriage certificate. Passport photograph of me and my spouse. But like i explained i miss including the G325A form...I'm hoping this is all thats needed

....you should definitely include more evidence.

I don't think you have enough in your package....but that's just my opinion. I don't see evidence of a bono fide marriage in your list - except the marriage certificate and pictures of a court marriage and I don't think that's enough for a Nigerian applicant. But again just my humble opinion....

in your case you may be forced to provide the western union activities, phone records/ copies of text etc...etc... if I were in your position, I would definitely get affidavits from my immediate family members...you should also be able to explain why there has not been a church or traditional marriage since Nigerians are known to do those as well as the court marriage.

btw - I think You should include your wife's birth certificate...im sure it asks for that somewhere which was why we included my husband's in our submission.

anyway, that's all I can think of right now! LOL!

USCIS -

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I sent the i130 form with copies of my passport front page and my green card photocopied front and back.a copy of marriage certificate and picutures of the marriage certificate. Passport photograph of me and my spouse. But like i explained i miss including the G325A form...I'm hoping this is all thats needed

Hey I'm Nigerian too.

I got approved in 42 days...

Go get affidavits from the high Court.. Someone testify that he or she knows you and your wife and that they even attended the marriage ceremony.

I also included about 80 pictures. Most of them were Facebook pictures taken before my wife traveled for the first time. The court marriage pictures were about ten in total.

In summary get enough pictures before and after the marriage... And also get about two affidavits testifying that they your marriage is not a sham.

Inbox me if you need anything

Timeline

Thanks guys i appreciate all the response.i have been busy all night printing phone records and some more picutures from my phone and facebook.I've also started filling the G325A form but i dont know I'm to sign the one for my spouse or live it blank but i did sign mine.i also tried to contact my brother back home to help me get affidavit of proof from members that were present at the court wedding. I did have a few pics of the traditional wedding from my phone but just about four of it, do hope thats enough. But the court wedding which i already submited pics of it i did print out more...just trying to see what i can get a hold on before the letter arrives but i'v been a bit devasted with this set back and hope it dont take too long to get my approval. But tnks everyone for the support. I'm also trying to enclose a letter explaining the authencity of all documents and our relationship. Hope it helps as i though some of this was only going to be needed at the time of interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Judesky i was about to sign my wife g325a but i know personnally someone who did the same thing and at the interview they ve noticed two different signatures for his wife that something that i will advice to jot do it unless if u can sign thr same as ur wife

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just paid IV FEES PD is March 11th. Thanks

Hey Franklin....

did you got this invoice activated after submission of documents,,,,??

since for me the link is not yet activated

Am currently in the process of collecting some more docs

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Franklin....

did you got this invoice activated after submission of documents,,,,??

since for me the link is not yet activated

Am currently in the process of collecting some more docs

No.. I've not submitted any documents. Filled DS261 and paid for the AOS fees. A week later I called NVC and told them to review my DS621 but they said it's too early that I should call back in another week time. That when I call this week Wednesday my DS621 must have been received and that I can then tell them to review my DS621 on phone. Only then will my IV Fees be invoiced.

But regardless, I was surprised seeing that they invoiced the IV FEES the next day.

I'm still trying to gather my documents

Do give them a call

Thanks guys i appreciate all the response.i have been busy all night printing phone records and some more picutures from my phone and facebook.I've also started filling the G325A form but i dont know I'm to sign the one for my spouse or live it blank but i did sign mine.i also tried to contact my brother back home to help me get affidavit of proof from members that were present at the court wedding. I did have a few pics of the traditional wedding from my phone but just about four of it, do hope thats enough. But the court wedding which i already submited pics of it i did print out more...just trying to see what i can get a hold on before the letter arrives but i'v been a bit devasted with this set back and hope it dont take too long to get my approval. But tnks everyone for the support. I'm also trying to enclose a letter explaining the authencity of all documents and our relationship. Hope it helps as i though some of this was only going to be needed at the time of interview.

@judesky1 - as the petitioner I signed both my G325A and my husband's G325A. (I would be curious to know what everyone else did).

But under no circumstances leave anything blank on these immigration forms! this will generate delays in the process for you. I don't think a letter will help you if the documents you submit do no stand on their own merit. so focus on the advise you've been given and spend some time reading up on this.....because every I-130 submission is different based on the personal circumstances of the petitioner and the beneficiary.

USCIS -

NVC -

EMBASSY -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.