vatten

Do you like American food and water?

99 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Yes, minerals. But what about all the hidden chemicals and drugs added to the tap water that most people don't know about? Those chemicals and drugs that can cause real health problems in time? If you didn't watch this youtube video about the water in the U.S and the water in Europe, please do "The Great Culling, Our Water, Official Full Movie." Do research, do not believe those in power, they don't care about your health, it's all about money ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

If one of the things we are talking about is fluoride, I can only say I wish it was in my water growing up. The first thing out of practically any dentist or hygienist's mouth when they see my teeth is "so you grew up drinking well water?"

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Most places are removing the flouride added to water as well, at least in Canada. Not sure about the USA but as I don't think it's an issue, I don't care honestly.

As I stated, if you're really concerned, use a distiller. Personally I dislike how water "tastes" when it has no "taste" but to each their own.

Maybe take a read: http://theplate.nationalgeographic.com/2015/02/27/when-it-comes-to-eating-how-healthy-is-too-healthy/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=link_fbp20150227plate-healthy&utm_campaign=Content&sf7704945=1

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

I currently live in the south of Brazil. You can't drink the water here. Most of the fruits and veggies are grown with pesticides that are banned in Europe/USA, and the chicken is pumped full of all sorts of hormones/chemicals that seem to keep it fresh for weeks. The food selection available is also very limited... Personally, I can't wait to move to the US with lots of delicious food options available to try :)

Personally I cannot wait to get over there (obviulsly than to be with my wife) but for the food. The variety available in Dallas is amazing. The stores are amazing. Walmart or Target for the packet stuff, Sprouts for produce. I was blown away when we first went to Sprouts and saw the spray the fresh fruit and veg to keep them damp - OMG - in England it's lucky if it;s kept slightly cool in Tescos.

I know I have a "delicate" system, and traveling to places like the DR where water is bad etc causes me issues even when careful. But I've spent roughly 6 weeks in Dallas and can safely say, not a single issue - other than too much Petron, and loved everything I've eaten - except mac and cheese.

The fact they put fluoride in the water - not bothered. We use a Brita - might not clear out everything, though never seems to hurt the MILLIONS who live there.

We aren't moving to a third world country. If people are that unhappy with US food, then import UK food or find a store that will charge you $10 for a few Yorkshire teabags :)

Bread - I prefer - I've actually tried to find the butter something bread we get over there as I love it - but can't find it anywhere. And if I want "normal" bread. I could make it myself if I was so inclined (which I won't be :) )

All this talk of food is making me hungry now......better get the fish and chips in while i can :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, minerals. But what about all the hidden chemicals and drugs added to the tap water that most people don't know about? Those chemicals and drugs that can cause real health problems in time? If you didn't watch this youtube video about the water in the U.S and the water in Europe, please do "The Great Culling, Our Water, Official Full Movie." Do research, do not believe those in power, they don't care about your health, it's all about money ?

We aren't helpless children, mere wards of our superiors either in the government or those profiling themselves as experts.

The description of this movie is ludicrous: the vast majority of the human race vanishing from earth? lol. It's accurate to call this movie a conspiracy theory since the claim is that the "powers that be" are trying to cull the world population by adding fluoride, chlorine, or whatever.

Not only has the world population rapidly increased along with life expectancy, but it is doing so most in the countries that treat their water as opposed to the third world where people are still dying of infections from tooth decay, or from bacterial infections in the water - the very things we are combating with these additives. There are other whack-a-doo points in the movie like the trails we see behind jets in the sky. These are part of the conspiracy to kill us.

Just stay away from the dihydrogen oxide and you'll be fine. Someone fully immersed in dihydrogen oxide is going to die within minutes. The stuff is deadly.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I hate American food.

It is literally, toxic. For everyone saying you dont Have to eat the food- well no, maybe not if you have a well paying job where you can afford 4.50 for a tiny loaf of organic bread and 12 dollars for 3 organic chicken fillets.

There is healthy food out there- but its much more difficult to locate and is much more expensive.

I make my own bread at home with imported stuff, I try stay away from most of the meats, and eat only non antibiotic fed hen eggs and when I do want junk food, i visit the Ethnic foods section of Publix where they have Irish and UK foods which are significantly (ironically) BETTER bad foods then Hershey's #######. :dancing:

Timeline

I currently live in the south of Brazil. You can't drink the water here. Most of the fruits and veggies are grown with pesticides that are banned in Europe/USA, and the chicken is pumped full of all sorts of hormones/chemicals that seem to keep it fresh for weeks. The food selection available is also very limited... Personally, I can't wait to move to the US with lots of delicious food options available to try :)

You'd think that Niceb but its nothing like Irish food, and if it tastes nice its probably extremely bad for you :rofl:

Everything you've said about the veggies and chicken in Brazil and how its produced, its the exact same in the US. They have hormones in the milk and antibiotics in the eggs, plus they radiate the veggies. Most soy produced in the US is GMO and almost everything in the US has a soy derivative of it. they're are the organic options, but be prepared to pay twice the price.

For a heads up, A box of 12 donuts in the US costs more then a tiny bag of sprouts (not organic)

And the Tea sucks. :ranting:

Filed: Timeline

I hate Hershey chocolate. That is not real chocolate, it tastes like sand in your mouth, while European chocolate just melts in your mouth! Wonder why Hershey chocolate is banned in Europe? There is nothing real in it. Poor american people, if they would know what real chocolate tastes like, they would never again touch Hershey.

Timeline

The door out of America is over there for you folks who don't like it. :)

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

The door out of America is over there for you folks who don't like it. :)

The question was about food and water.......... not the Country.

Also, kinda a dim reply.

Don't think people immigrate for the food.

Timeline

The question was about food and water.......... not the Country.

Also, kinda a dim reply.

Don't think people immigrate for the food.

Not really, I wouldn't live in a country I was unhappy in. Seems kind of dim.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

I hate Hershey chocolate. That is not real chocolate, it tastes like sand in your mouth, while European chocolate just melts in your mouth! Wonder why Hershey chocolate is banned in Europe? There is nothing real in it. Poor american people, if they would know what real chocolate tastes like, they would never again touch Hershey.

I know!

My husband is american and he's been to Ireland loads, after trying Irish/european food, he hates US food :rofl:

Hersheys isint banned in europe is it? I can buy it in Ireland.

But Hersheys did take cadbury's to court about "similarly packaged items" and got cadbury's banned from producing chooclate to be sold in the US, which is kinda mean.

Now any cadbury's item you buy has usually been produced by hersheys, I saw a cadbury's cream egg yesterday, made by hersheys written tiny on the back!

Not really, I wouldn't live in a country I was unhappy in. Seems kind of dim.

Wow, really? you'd base where you want to live on the type of food you can eat? Not Job's, opportunity, the person your married to perhaps?

Well, good for you.

Timeline

Wow, really? you'd base where you want to live on the type of food you can eat? Not Job's, opportunity, the person your married to perhaps?

Well, good for you.

Well, maybe if it were jobs or the person you're or I'm married to.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.