munchkins

My Rottweiler Morgan

37 posts in this topic

Many of you will have read my pevious post regarding Morgan and that he had been diagnosed with cancer, an aggressive type. Morgan had always been a major part of our plans when coming to the US but I am so sad to say that yesterday it became clear that he was not going to make it and we had to have him put to sleep.

We thought he was doing OK even though we knew that it would take him sooner rather than later and that we were not going to have him for much longer we were still praying that we would be able to take him with us and he would be with us for another few months. It became obvious at the beginning of this week that he was getting more ill and uncomfortable, he stopped eating, couldn't even tempt him with fresh chicken, or liver and yesterday morning he had started to cough so we knew it had moved to his lungs. Alan took him to the vet and he said that he was an ill dog and that the area where the biggest lump had been removed had in actual fact started to come back. It had been to near his jugular to remove it all. He said that if it was his dog he would have him put to sleep now rather than wait until next week as there was no way he would make the plane.

Alan would not let me go with them because I only upset him because I could not stop crying and he needed to be strong, he and Morgan were so close and used to walk for hours together.

I hugged and loved Morgan and he looked at me with his beautiful eyes as is he knew it was goodbye and my heart just broke. Alan said he did the same with him when he was in the treatment room and he could not stay to see him die, with our other dogs he was able to do that, but Morgan was too special and he could not bear to watch the light go out of his eyes. They say dogs know these things, well if they do, I hope that Morgan knew that what we were doing was out of pure love for him and that we could not watch him get worse and suffer.

We collect his ashes tomorrow and we were thinking of bringing him with us and scattering his ashes but Alan said it would be strange to him so we have decided that we are taking him to his favourite park, he really used to think it was all his, and there is an area on a small hill, that has trees and you can see all the park, the little woods that are within the park, the lake, and that is where we will scatter him. His spirit will be able to run free forever.

To anyone who is not a dog lover, you may not understand but all of you who have had and lost a faithful pet will know just how much I am hurting today, my heart is broken but I know that in a few days/weeks I will remember him with love in my heart and happiness for all the wonderful times we all had and how proud we were of him. We have lost the most wonderful dog we have ever had.

In memory of my wonderful, handsome rottweiler Morgan, never will he be forgotten

Val

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

my sympathies munchkins. i still miss my doggie that i lost in 2003

doggies.gif

puppy.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Aww, you got me just bawling here this morning, Val. So, so, SO sorry for you and Alan too. RIP, Morgan. (F) (F) (F)

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

From one doggie parent to another, i am so sorry for your loss. (F)

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Timeline

Val, I am sitting here at work with tears straming down my face... I lost my dog Sally just 3 months before I came over and even to this day I miss her... She was my best friend and was the only living being that knew the pain I went through being alone and bringing up my 2 kids alone for 10 years...

I know you are hurting and yes it will get better with time but for now let the tears fall and bring Morgans spirit with you to your new home.... I know Sally died many thousand miles away from where I am but I know that her spirit will forever walk by my side....

Hugs

Kez

Val, I'm sorry to hear about your much loved Morgan. Your description of his park and your intentions to set his spirit free there is beautiful.... a wonderful "closure" that you can add to your memories of times spent with him and being loved by him. (F) (F)

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

sorry for your loss

Jim and Nhi

10-2-2008 Interview in Vietnam

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-11-08 Home from Vietnam

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

6-26-08 NOA2 for I-129F and I-130

6-25-08 Congressional Expediting Approved

6-23-08 Return to Vietnam for visit

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

3-26-08 Married in Vietnam

I have owned many pets in my lifetime. My father and bother are both vets so growing up we were surrounded by animals, both large and small. And I learned that in everyone's lifetime (well, at least in my lifetime) there is one pet, one special dog or cat, or bird or whatever, that occupies a special place in our hearts. The one pet you loved just alittle bit more than the rest. For me that pet was a fat gray cat named 'thingy'. And on a rainy Friday morning, July 31, 2004 I had to put her to sleep. She was sick and tired and she was ready to go and I could see it in her eyes. To this day this single act of compassion is the hardest thing I have ever had to to in my life. So Val, I feel your pain. Hang in there, the pain eventually goes away and is soon replaced by many loving memories...

04/19/2006 - met for the first time

01/12/2007 - sent I-129f to Nebraska

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

07/20/2007- Interview in Moscow

09/19/2007- Married

01/25/2008- AOS package mailed

08/27/2008-Interview-approved

09/10/2008-GC received

08/21/2010-10yr green card received

love is where you find it, even if it is a half a world away

Val

I am so sorry to hear that, but at least now he is free of any pain he had. You did what any responsible pet owner would do. Your post brought tears to my eyes too, and I know how much you and Alan must be hurting right now, not to forget your other doggie who has also lost a companion.

There is nothing more I can say, except that he may not be in body, but his spirit and your memories will live on. Once the raw hurt gets less you will remember him for all the love he gave to you and the good life he had.

I think that scattering his ashes in the park is a wonderful idea, take your other dog with you too and he can run free one last time with his pal.

Thinking of you!

Broma

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I'm so sorry you lost him. Anyone can tell he meant the world to you.

Cerise and I will keep you and yours in our thoughts.

Disclaimer: I am a smart-a55. Anything I say can and will be used against you in whatever forum I so choose. My posts are based on my own perspective, and should not be taken as anything other than my own opinion. Any resemblance to real people, living or dead, is coincidental. Minimum system requirements are a human brain, version 1.0. Suggested system requirements are a human brain version 1.0 with a sense of humor and a logical thought processor above 1.0 beta. Should not be used by children. Hazardous when wet.

B3 5C 0C E2 91 8B 91 F8 7A 2C 7E E4 17 79 FA D6

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Val & Alan,

I am sorry to hear about your dear friend Morgan. Because of your compassion, Morgan does not feel anymore pain. You allowed his spirit to be free from his body, and in my eyes-there is no greater gift you can give a friend than to save them from pain.

I know words can only comfort you so much right now, but please know that it does get better with time.

Morgan will be with you when you come. He will be with you always.

To Morgan, May God hold you in the palm of his hand. (F)(F)(F)

(((((HUG)))))

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very sorry to hear of your loss. :( I had to put down one of my kitties (Guiness) in 2005 and my mom lost her beautiful Rottie (Sadie) the year before that. You already know it but to anyone that doesn't, Rotties are great great dogs. In reading your story it's easy to tell your Morgan spent his life in a very loving home. It's so hard to lose a pet but it will pass with time. I hope you are getting better day by day. (F)

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora