LorraV

Fiance entering on tourist visa, then marrying...?

147 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
yep, visa fraud.

you get absolutely no sympathy from people like us who did everything the LEGAL way...

It ain't a crime if you don't get caught.

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, visa fraud.

you get absolutely no sympathy from people like us who did everything the LEGAL way...

so wrong!

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Troll me thinks

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
yep, visa fraud.

so wrong!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

lol

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

She did not know it was illegal when she asked the question.

I would come and marry if thats what you want to do, then go home and apply for a visa, best way if you ask me.

Good Luck.

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Any person who arrives on a non-immigrant visa (b1/2) or who uses a non-immigrant program (VWP) who has immigrant intent is a violation of immigration law plain and simple. A thread such as this is also a violation of the TOS of this board (Please note the disclaimer on the bottom of each page).

Sorry mate but this is a forum to ask questions, she has asked a question and deserves an answer, if you don't like the subject piss off and do what ever you do with you pointless day. Don't hack on the OP for asking a question. Its people like you that ruin this forum with your sucking up to the administrators.

Edited by nathmc31
flag.gif

Filed: Timeline
Any person who arrives on a non-immigrant visa (b1/2) or who uses a non-immigrant program (VWP) who has immigrant intent is a violation of immigration law plain and simple. A thread such as this is also a violation of the TOS of this board (Please note the disclaimer on the bottom of each page).

Sorry mate but this is a forum to ask questions, she has asked a question and deserves an answer, if you don't like the subject piss off and do what ever you do with you pointless day. Don't hack on the OP for asking a question. Its people like you that ruin this forum with your sucking up to the administrators.

nathmc31.... your post is totaly uncalled for.... what fwaguy said is actually true.... yes ask questions about what your options are but to look for info on how get around the visa system is against the TOS...

Kez

Timeline
I have heard that my fiance (Australian) can enter the U.S. on a tourist visa and we can married within several days. Then he can apply for a temporary work permit and may be able to work within 6 weeks.

Since we are entering the U.S. March 5th (in just 25 days) and we need income, the quicker the better.

Has anyone tried this? Does anyone know if there are consequences for going against the tourist visa to marry?

My fiance wants to become a permanent resident and, in several years, a U.S. citizen, so we don't want to do anything to jeopardize this.

We have not applied for any visas yet because my divorce is not yet finalized (should be finalized within one month).

Any advice would be helpful...

I have been overseas for seven months (all over Europe and AUS) and I really just want to go home, but I'm starting to think we may have to live in AUS for a while again while we wait for visas.

Sorry for all the questions!-- I'm totally lost here.

1. Im sure you know that by immigration law it is not illegal to remain in the us after entering on a VWP if you are the immediate relative of a US citizen. The main point is that it is a real marriage not a sham. Belive me with the amout of BS that one must go through for this, they will find out if it is a sham.

2. It will only take longer if your fiance has a criminal record and has to submit a waiver of inadmissability Form I-601. If he doesnt then it shouldnt take longer than usual (every case is different).

3. Once your fiance enters and you are married then like everyone else you file AOS application, EAD applicaiton and AP application. The EAD and AP should be processed within 90 days so your fiance can work while the AOS is being processed.

4. under no circumstances should your fiance leave the US until an AP is approved and recived. You will eventually be interveiwed and you will have to show evidence of a valid marriage and explain that the marriage was a spare of the moment thing, I read another thread where the person being interviewed wasnt even asked about entering on the VWP.

flag.gif

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

nathmc31.... your post is totaly uncalled for.... what fwaguy said is actually true.... yes ask questions about what your options are but to look for info on how get around the visa system is against the TOS...

Kez

In fairness the OP stated what they had heard and asked if it was correct and then asked for advice through the maze. It does strike me as a baiting post however it could be genuine and whilst nathmc uses a tone that is sterotypically Australian in language and directness I tend to agree with the content :P Quasi moderation is uncalled for. If someone has a problem with a post they can report it and let the Admin make the decision .

However as fwaguy is so hung up on TOS issues he might want to consider this part of them

you agree that when using the Service, you will not..............

Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums

just my thoughts :D

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gifDei beannacht agus sláinte go thú agus tú uile anseo!3dflagsdotcom_irela_2faws.gif

Timeline

Kez

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL FOR A US CITIZENS SPOUSE TO REMAIN IN THE US AND AOS AFTER ENTERING ON THE VWP!!!!!!!

THE SPOUSE BEING A IMMEDIATE RELITIVE.

The OP isnt going around immigration law, the law clearly states that an immediate relitive of a US citizen can stay and AOS after entering on the VWP it dosnt say that it is illegal, it says that it is illegal for everyone else OTHER THAN the IMMEDIATE RELITIVE OF A US CITIZEN to stay after entering on the VWP

flag.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's the intent to stay that's illegal, changing your mind once you are in the U.S. is a completely different thing.

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Kez

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL FOR A US CITIZENS SPOUSE TO REMAIN IN THE US AND AOS AFTER ENTERING ON THE VWP!!!!!!!

THE SPOUSE BEING A IMMEDIATE RELITIVE.

The OP isnt going around immigration law, the law clearly states that an immediate relitive of a US citizen can stay and AOS after entering on the VWP it dosnt say that it is illegal, it says that it is illegal for everyone else OTHER THAN the IMMEDIATE RELITIVE OF A US CITIZEN to stay after entering on the VWP

So, what's the point in IR/CR1 (or K3) visas?

Where does the law clearly state the above? Do you have a link please? Just curious...

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1) The OP is not currently present in the USA

2) The OP is not currently an immediate relative of a USC

3) Knowingly enter the US with the intent to immigrate using a non-immigrant visa or program is a violation of immigration law.

4) Any discussion on the board advocating or circumventing immigration law is a violation of the TOS

I challenge you to dispute anything I wrote.

YMMV

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline
1) The OP is not currently present in the USA

2) The OP is not currently an immediate relative of a USC

3) Knowingly enter the US with the intent to immigrate using a non-immigrant visa or program is a violation of immigration law.

4) Any discussion on the board advocating or circumventing immigration law is a violation of the TOS

I challenge you to dispute anything I wrote.

Sometimes it isn't what you say but how you say it. You may have missed the point that moderation of other members isn't really in your realm, and rightly so as the OP has not breached those TOS they have asked for information, clarification and advice ;)

Edited by DelcoCouple
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gifDei beannacht agus sláinte go thú agus tú uile anseo!3dflagsdotcom_irela_2faws.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.