Asia123

25 year old brother and mother visit visa was refused at islamabad ,Pakistan. When should I re apply for my mom?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi , my 25 year old brother and 55 year old mom were refused a visit visa last week based on 214b. The consuler asked few questions and gave no reason of refusal. She asked my brother "how old are you"? Asked for the bank statement , she didn't even look at my inviation letter or tax returns . I am very frustrated please give me any suggestion when to re apply for only my mother ? The refusal note says that we should not re apply soon unless there are some major changes in the circumstances . My brother not applying again with my mother I think is a major change what do you suggest? I'm thinking of re applying in April . by the way I am a US citizen living in US for 15 years and the consuler also asked my mother that how long have I been living in the US. My dad has a green card but the consuler didn't ask anything about my father . I had also filed an immigrant petition for my mother 2 years ago but then she changed her mind about moving to the US and we withdrew her case which I think was the biggest mistake . Please tell me what to do now as I want my mother to visit me this summer plzzzzz help ????

Edited by Asia123

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your brother not applying will not have a huge effect - each petition is considered separately.

Your invitation is meaningless as are your tax returns, your mother needs to prove she has sufficient reason to return to Pakistan on her own merits and she really doesn't, especially with you being a US citizen.

From reading your post. It sound like it will be more of an immigration visa then a visitor visa you are seeking and that is probably how the consular looked at it too.

A visitor visa has nothing to do with your bank account or tax returns. Your Brother and or mother needs to show proof on their own, that they are only coming to the USA to visit and that they have ties to their country that they need or will want to go back for. Examples Family, bank account, owning business. They need to show that is more beneficiary to them living in their country then it will be for them to live in USA.

With you being a USA citizen and your father having a green card that show more of intent to stay then just to visit.

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Asia123 - from reading what you've written, I get some sense you not fully understand how tourist visa applications are reviewed at the NIV unit.

I'm sorry..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

J&ana thanks for your reply . My mother and brother had all the necessary documents to show the consuler . My mom recently built a house and had the deed to show , my brother goes to college he had the documents, but they never asked for a single document . The interview duration was hardly a minute I mean how can you prove your strong ties to your country if the consuler doesn't even allow you to show that document . What do you suggest at this point ? What shall I do ? Re apply or don't bother re appling ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You make it sound that they want to immigrate?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

J&ana thanks for your reply . My mother and brother had all the necessary documents to show the consuler . My mom recently built a house and had the deed to show , my brother goes to college he had the documents, but they never asked for a single document . The interview duration was hardly a minute I mean how can you prove your strong ties to your country if the consuler doesn't even allow you to show that document . What do you suggest at this point ? What shall I do ? Re apply or don't bother re appling ?

I think your mother or brother will have to show a lot more ties to their country.they will need to show asinificant amount of money in the bank most likely . I know you probably do not want to hear this ,but i think if they reapply now they will just be refuse again. Some countries it a lot harder to get a visitor visa then others

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Timeline

Boiler, if they wanted to immigrate then why would she ask me to withdraw her immigrant petition . We withdrew her case because she realized that she cannot settle in the US at this age otherwise she had no problem getting an immigrant visa. She just wants to visit me this summer for 2 months and I mentioned all these details in her ds-160 but I guess consuler wasn't convinced .

Timeline

Have you petioned your Brother for an immigrant visa.

You said cancelling your mothers petition was a mistake. And sent your tax returns?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Boiler,

I had only filed an immigrant petition for my mother , not my brother . I said I made a mistake by withdrawing her case while in the process even if she didn't want to live in the US she could atleast visit once and then she could does abandon her green card. I guess the immigrant petition filed and then withdrawing raised red flags. I just want to re apply for my mother visit visa again not brother . One other question , can I re apply for immigrant petition for my mom again?I understand that I have to pay the fee again .

Timeline

She applies for a visitor visa, not you.

You can certainly petition for her to immigrate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Will be much easier for you to visit them.

Anything is possible but I don't see tourist visas being approved for either of them.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.