mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Because guys filed two petition forms. And the $420 you paid was just for one form. And why would you file a 129f form? That's for a Fiancé visa and I assume that you're married because u also filed the i130 for alien spouse. You can no longer file i129f if you're already married.

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes we are married and we filed I-129f along with I-130 because we wanted to use the I-129f to apply for K3 visa incase the I-130 delays. well we got all of this from the uscis website and it was said that if we pay for I-130 there is no need to pay for I-129f also our wedding certificate copy in our envelop

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've been away from the forum awhile since my checklist but now I'm back since I'm hoping to get a CC soon. Does anyone know how long the US Embassy in Cairo takes to give an interview date after a CC?

Yes we are married and we filed I-129f along with I-130 because we wanted to use the I-129f to apply for K3 visa incase the I-130 delays. well we got all of this from the uscis website and it was said that if we pay for I-130 there is no need to pay for I-129f also our wedding certificate copy in our envelop

Hiya

Ok, if you are filing an I-129f in the hope that it will speed up the process you have to first file the I-130 with the correct fee of $420 and all the relevant paperwork. You then wait until you receive the I-797 form which has a receipt number on it and tells you which USCIS office your case is being sent to. Once you have that, then you may file the I-129f form, quoting the receipt number on the I-797. You need the receipt number so that you do not need to pay an additional filing fee for this form.

To be honest, filing the I-129f doesn't seem to speed the process up as it was designed to do but hey, it's free to file so why not, if it doesn't get processed faster than the I-130 then the case gets close anyway. Please be aware there are additional fees and paperwork that come with filing this way so you may not think it's beneficial.

As to sorting out your case now, I would call USCIS for some advice, explain that you should have only filed the I-130 to begin with and see if they advise cancelling the money order and re-filing from the start or whether they can assist you.

Really hope that helps,good luck!

Edited by Helz Belz

Timeline

@finben sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes you are adviser to submit an application for the K3 only after the I-130 form has been accepted. Call the USCIS and get some advice.

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Timeline

@finben

It won't even matter because a K3 can't be adjudicated without an approved I130 anyways. Just as long as the fee is correct they'll proceed with ptocessing the I-130. But a K3 application doesn't really make sense now anyways because they're processing both at around the same time. It used to be more prudent in the past I was told.

@finben

It won't even matter because a K3 can't be adjudicated without an approved I130 anyways. Just as long as the fee is correct they'll proceed with ptocessing the I-130. But a K3 application doesn't really make sense now anyways because they're processing both at around the same time. It used to be more prudent in the past I was told.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@J-Zealous oh that a good news there and so I and my husband don't need to worry any more for any additional fee and yes we paid the correct fee of $420.00 for the I-130. Thanks so much for your kind effort and God bless.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello guys..I sent my i-130 on March 25 2013 and got NOA 1 March 27 same year..about July 10 2013 got approved..so it took only 3 months..now my wife is summit in the I-601A which we send this coming week,I know the I took almost a year to send the other one but my lawyer told me that this was the time to send out the applications cause they got approve fast..he says that our i-601A is gonna take 3 months and half, maybe 4 months but no more than that..I hope good luck for all of us ..I'll keep in touch with you guys...

Timeline

@dady12

I don't think you were looking for a response in only 2 days of sending yours off. I got a response in about 5 business days. So you will get some news this week for sure

Filed: Timeline

@dady12

I don't think you were looking for a response in only 2 days of sending yours off. I got a response in about 5 business days. So you will get some news this week for sure

thank you for the reply,i am praying and beleiving that there must be good news this week

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.