mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

I am outside the country, my wife is the USC.

I guess I was lucky then. We got the email 2 days later for our NOA1 and the hardcopy a week after that.

Mind you with a lawyer, all the info will go to them I believe.

Pretty much. I guess they haven't received anything as well since they haven't said anything. I will wait for 3 weeks before asking questions.

Question since i had a denied k1 visa do you guys think my information and my husband still in the system at uscis since i know its just background check at uscis or am i wrong so would it be faster for us at that stage or no

Question since i had a denied k1 visa do you guys think my information and my husband still in the system at uscis since i know its just background check at uscis or am i wrong so would it be faster for us at that stage or no

I think this is treated as a new application. So I doubt it gets special attention. But you never know. Every case is very different.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's why I thought it was a good idea to complete the g1145 form for they to email and or text. My wife added her number and my email so the same time she got the notification I got an email. When u get your receipt, go online USCIS, sign up for email/text alert.

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Hiya, we are Feb filers too and just got the NOA1 today and we're being sent to Nebraska :( gutted really as they seen to be the slowest of them all but nevermind, we are at least in the system!

Edited by Helz Belz

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know :( but at least we've started eh!

At least you're started.

But yeah I had thought the Texas center was the slowest, and on the USCIS site it does show as being slower (Nebraska says 5 months and Texas says they are doing work from July 2nd, 2014). But if you use the timeline system here, it says I would be like 2 months faster at Texas....just sucks that it all can't go faster :(

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

I know, I'm in the UK with our baby daughter and my 2 older children so every day is very hard for my husband being apart from his only child but hey, we'll get there and it'll be all the better when it finally does happen x

Timeline

I won't be ungrateful at all. Even though we have to wait, the US' system is faster than Canada. Canadian family class immigration can separate families for years. And unlike the US whereby if you are applying inside the country you can get a travel document to leave if toy and want re-enter hassle free. In Canada if you have a spousal application in and even if you're mama dies you can leave but if u are denied reentry there goes your application through the window.

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Timeline

@Helz

I was just speaking in general terms. I still believe that the process could've been faster. Family sponsorship should've been the quickest but approval times for 130 is too long. And the i130 isn't the only part of the journey. The NVC is also another wait and I heard they have at least a 60 days delay there also

Yea, I know J-Zealous, it is a long time while you're going through it but really, it's just a year out of our lives. When you look at it that way it seems a bit more bearable :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone. Please how much is the I-130 fee because my husband made a money order of $420.00 and submitted along with the I-130 and I-129f form on February 2nd and the uscis received it February 4th and they email my husband the Receipt number and said our case as been routed to Texas service Center and we are to expect I-797C by mail within 7 to 10 days and now my husband received mail I-797C saying our case has been rejected because of incorrect fee are should resubmit with the his original birth certificate and complete fee but when we check the uscis case status with the reciept number it shows our case has been received but it on shows I-129f instead with I-130 since we filled the 2 forms. But moreover we filed the I-130 and I-129f to chicago lockbox in November 10th 2014 without fee since we can't get money order from my country Nigeria were me and my husband was living and we didn't hear from the uscis and then when my husband return to America by January 29th 2015 he now filed a new forms so now we have 2 Receipt number and the I-797c is a different Receipt numbers to the one we received on February 9th 2015. So now my husband and I are so confuse now because we don't know what is happening. Please can someone help with what we need to do. Thanks and God bless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.