mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone...

I am filing on Monday. I am so scared. Its like I can't help but to think of all the what ifs. I am filing for my husband and his 3 children. I am told that I have to file a separate petition for each of them which is fine with me. But this next question may sound a bit weird...Who signs the paperwork for the children since they are minors? I don't want to mess up anything as I want my family here together. Still my hope is in the Lord. I know HE will guide me.

My prayer is that GOD will bless each of you on your journey....May you find love and laughter along the way...May HE keep you and guide you....In JESUS name ...Amen!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@ BryceBaby

Thanks for being here. Well the legal guardian of the kids will sign the petition since they're at the age of minority. So if they live with their moms they'll have to sign it on their behalf, or if they live with your husband he can sign it for them. It's not a big deal once they're signed anyways

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

@BryceBaby..... Welcome! The best advice i can give you is to call uscis for more info or check their website for a better understanding on how to file for your spouse kid's. In my opinion you'll have to sign the forms out for your spouse kid's like you did for his. Be in courage we're all here for support and longing to be with our love ones.

Timeline

@ j-zealous and BHSMama...thanks so much for your prompt responses. This whole journey is a crazy maze...but I wouldn't take nothing for my journey...I am in this for the long haul. Thank you for the encouragement... I know we all need it from time to time.

GOD bless!!!

Timeline

@brycebaby

Let me correct myself. Only the petitioner which is you will sign the I-130 forms. So for your huzzy and the three kids will be four such forms complete and signed by you. However, the G-28 form which is the background information form must be comoleted for each of them. In this case, the parent or legal guardian must sign the forms on the minors behalf. Your husband will sign his or he or the kids moms will sign on their behalf

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

I filed mine on the 11th and still have not received anything, i'm starting to wonder if the lawyer really did mail it when she said she did

I-130 Received- Feb 23
Check Cashed- Feb 26, 2015
NOA1- Feb 27, 2015 :dancing:
Received in mail- March 2, 2015

NOA2- July 15,2015 :dance:(4 months, 6 days)

Case Sent to NVC- July 23, 2015 (8 days)
NVC Received- July, 29, 2015 (6 days)

Received Case and IIN #- August 13,2015 (15 days)

Submitted DS-261- August 13,2015

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

@Nick and Chodday

Welcome my friend. We actually sent us off on the 11th too and it got there the next day. Please check with your lawyer. She should now get a response. We did it ourselves so we completed the G1145 form and my wife added her phone number and my email so the same time she got the acknowledgment of receipt notice thru text I got the email the same time. Lawyers don't always communicate after they get their money

@Nick and Chodday

Welcome my friend. We actually sent us off on the 11th too and it got there the next day. Please check with your lawyer. She should now get a response. We did it ourselves so we completed the G1145 form and my wife added her phone number and my email so the same time she got the acknowledgment of receipt notice thru text I got the email the same time. Lawyers don't always communicate after they get their money

We completed everything and she just had a nasty attitude from the get go, t this day we don't know what she did, i told my husband we did not need her but he didnt listen and now we are in this situation where we don't know what is going on, it's so frustrating

I-130 Received- Feb 23

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I considered getting an attorney but after talking with some of the members of a Positive Visa Vibes on Facebook, they assured me that 90% of them had done their own paperwork and had gotten through just fine. They all told me to just come back here to VJ for help. So I saved the extra cash to apply to other things that will be needed.

@ Nick and Chodday..I will be praying with you that you hear something soon. Keep the faith.

Timeline

Send her an email and ask her about the confirmation of receipt notice she should send you. After all she didn't do the case for free. Don't be afraid to ask her and if she gives you attitude give it back to her a hundredfold. We Jamaicans don't take bull from people.

I considered getting an attorney but after talking with some of the members of a Positive Visa Vibes on Facebook, they assured me that 90% of them had done their own paperwork and had gotten through just fine. They all told me to just come back here to VJ for help. So I saved the extra cash to apply to other things that will be needed.

@ Nick and Chodday..I will be praying with you that you hear something soon. Keep the faith.

He used a military attorney so he didnt pay her anything, which is why i am convinced that she is just slacking off, her attitude has pointed to that too. Thank you though and I will have you in my prayers as well :) it's hard being away from someone you love :(

Send her an email and ask her about the confirmation of receipt notice she should send you. After all she didn't do the case for free. Don't be afraid to ask her and if she gives you attitude give it back to her a hundredfold. We Jamaicans don't take bull ###### from people.

My husband is the one with her info and since they are both in the military, that is the only thing saving her from my wrath. I have seriously grown to hate this woman now

I-130 Received- Feb 23

event.png

event.png

event.png

We completed everything and she just had a nasty attitude from the get go, t this day we don't know what she did, i told my husband we did not need her but he didnt listen and now we are in this situation where we don't know what is going on, it's so frustrating

We filed ours on the 11th also. We used direct consular filing and have no response yet. It may not be your lawyers fault. Sometimes I have better luck getting an answer than my wife, sometimes she has better luck, just ask your husband to call her and if no response yet don't worry. Call her once a day to check in, sooner or later you will get an answer. Best wishes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

02 / 18 / 2015 -- I-130 paperwork handed to FedEx

02 / 25 / 2015 -- Received at Chicago LockBox

Was getting worried, hadn't been any tracking updates for days from fedex. tied up in red tape getting out of Venezuela. Soon as it left the country, it was delivered to Chicago 14 hrs later!

Hoping for NOA1 soon! And of course, the all important... what office does it get forwarded to for processing........ :)

i read on one of the threads here that it looks like all people who file from abroad are routed to California SC. I might be wrong though:))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.