534 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm on the verge of tears right now....I just spoke with them on the phone and they said the signature doesn't look like an original bc they think it might be a copy. But it's 100% an original!!! I mailed everything overnight! I don't know what to do...they said they'd put it in supervisory review....but man oh man....another 60 days?? for something that isn't even true! they said the documents are complete otherwise! This isn't fair! I did everything right!!

So sorry. That's not fair. Did you use black ink or blue ink to sign?

Filed: Timeline

So sorry. That's not fair. Did you use black ink or blue ink to sign?

I used black. I talked to the NVC guy--i actually got a nice one for once--and he said that they would accept the form in either black or blue ink--but the issue wasn't the color, it's that they thought it was a copy, which it's not. They sent it to supervisor review, which could take up to 40 days. In the meantime he said I could submit a new AOS so that we don't have to start 60 days again if the supervisor doesnt rule in our favor. He also said we don't have to include the 2014 tax year yet, we could include up to 2013 bc 2014 isn't due until April so 2013 is still valid. He also said that this new affidavit wouldnt affect the old one at all, meaning if the supervisor agrees with us they'll move the case to cc and disregard this new affidavit. but if he doens't agree with us, at least we'll have a head start on the 60 days bc we weren't waiting for the supervisor. He also said we could use the old barcode cover sheet they sent us. So i'm overnighting everything again today because I saved the template and tax docs. All i have to do is sign and send.

I used black. I talked to the NVC guy--i actually got a nice one for once--and he said that they would accept the form in either black or blue ink--but the issue wasn't the color, it's that they thought it was a copy, which it's not. They sent it to supervisor review, which could take up to 40 days. In the meantime he said I could submit a new AOS so that we don't have to start 60 days again if the supervisor doesnt rule in our favor. He also said we don't have to include the 2014 tax year yet, we could include up to 2013 bc 2014 isn't due until April so 2013 is still valid. He also said that this new affidavit wouldnt affect the old one at all, meaning if the supervisor agrees with us they'll move the case to cc and disregard this new affidavit. but if he doens't agree with us, at least we'll have a head start on the 60 days bc we weren't waiting for the supervisor. He also said we could use the old barcode cover sheet they sent us. So i'm overnighting everything again today because I saved the template and tax docs. All i have to do is sign and send.

I'm so sorry!!!!!! That is bogus. Hope the supervisor resolves it ASAP and the new AOS was just a precaution for good measure! Prayers with you.

USCIS

10-24-14 : I-130 sent from South Africa to Chicago Lockbox

11-03-14 : NOA1, Case Transferred to California Service Center

11-24-14 : NOA2

NVC

12-12-14 : Case received by NVC

01-15-15 : Case # Assigned

01-15-15: DS-261 completed

01-20-15: AOS fee invoiced & paid

01-21-15: Mailed AOS & IV Packages

01-22-15: ORIGINAL SCAN DATE- both packages

01-23-15: Sent corrected AOS - caught my own mistake

02-11-15: IV bill invoiced & paid

02-14-15: DS-260 completed

04-01-15: Case Complete

04-16-15: P4 e-mail

05-14-15: Interview Date

05-25--15 : POE, time to MOVE!!!!

Removal of Conditions

04-07-2016: Form I-751 arrived at California Service Center

Hoping the weather remains under control and NVC has a productive week with CC's ! I tried to tell myself I would stay off this forum for awhile (I'm only at day 12) but it seems to bring me joy and hope to see others moving through, knowing one day that'll be our victory as well. Everyone keep your head up.....we WILL get through this!! (L)

USCIS

NVC

Removal of Conditions

I'm so sorry!!!!!! That is bogus. Hope the supervisor resolves it ASAP and the new AOS was just a precaution for good measure! Prayers with you.

Thank you!! I need all the prayers I can get at this point...can't believe i was already looking at planning a reception with friends and family bc i thought it all be done soon....i feel like such an idiot.. :/

Thank you!! I need all the prayers I can get at this point...can't believe i was already looking at planning a reception with friends and family bc i thought it all be done soon....i feel like such an idiot.. :/

You shouldn't feel that way AT all....he said your case was complete except for that signature and surely a supervisor will be able to confirm it was original. You had everything in order and unfortunately this is one of those times unfair things that happen when you jump through the NVC's hoops. You did everything in your control to ensure it moved on, I just struggle with how many variables we cannot control in this process.

USCIS

NVC

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

You will soon be over with NVC. Hope the supervisor review gets completed quickly. Best of luck.

Continue planning. It is good to focus on the finish line! I know it is difficult to be positive right now. I myself feel like ####### due to this wait, and reading your story made me feel worse! We must remain positive and keep goinG!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm on the verge of tears right now....I just spoke with them on the phone and they said the signature doesn't look like an original bc they think it might be a copy. But it's 100% an original!!! I mailed everything overnight! I don't know what to do...they said they'd put it in supervisory review....but man oh man....another 60 days?? for something that isn't even true! they said the documents are complete otherwise! This isn't fair! I did everything right!!

I'm SO sorry. That's awful.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Continue planning. It is good to focus on the finish line! I know it is difficult to be positive right now. I myself feel like ####### due to this wait, and reading your story made me feel worse! We must remain positive and keep goinG!

You will soon be over with NVC. Hope the supervisor review gets completed quickly. Best of luck.

You shouldn't feel that way AT all....he said your case was complete except for that signature and surely a supervisor will be able to confirm it was original. You had everything in order and unfortunately this is one of those times unfair things that happen when you jump through the NVC's hoops. You did everything in your control to ensure it moved on, I just struggle with how many variables we cannot control in this process.

Thanks everyone! The silver lining was that I talked to a really nice guy at the NVC, I actually got him twice. The 2nd time i called an hour later and i lied a little hoping i wouldnt sound too desperate by saying that I called an hour before, so i said i called them 2 days ago and got something about signatures, and the rep was like "yaaa that was me and that was today like an hour ago"...ooops. smh. Then I went through the whole speech again and he reminded me that he put it in supervisory review. i thanked him and said that a lot of ppl probably do that so it's likely going to be a long wait regardless, but he said they only refer cases for supervisory review if they believe the person is being honest....so yeah...i dunno...definitely grabbing a pint of mint chocolate chip tonight.

The US embassy in ankara schedules interviews for the following month the first 2 weeks of every month, so theres no hope of an interview by the end of march...at this rate it'll be summer or fall...

Pity party at my house tonight! I'll bring the xbox, ya'll bring the food!

Edited by bg509

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

impatient-smiley-emoticon-1.gif I have called NVC same "60 day" story. Today is DAY 58 for me. No choice but to wait. impatient-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

Checklist no. #2 : 2/3/2015
Scan date #2: 2/5/2015
Case Complete: 4/14/2015 FINALLY super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Interview: 5/12/2015

RESULT: Approved (finally on 2/10/2016 after 8 months in AP)

Visa in Hand: ?
POE: ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

no wonder that NVC is backloged if they're sending cheklists for things like that.....

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Timeline

My joint sponsor is self emloyed. In the current annual individual income what should we enter? I have seen in VJ forums that the amount from the latest year's tax returns. But he has not filed 2014 taxes yet. So, can we enter the actual income from 2014 and provide a CPA statement with that as a proof?

Feeling so nervous. :( :(

impatient-smiley-emoticon-1.gif I have called NVC same "60 day" story. Today is DAY 58 for me. No choice but to wait. impatient-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

Hang in there!! I can imagine these last few days just feel like eternity. Prayers for wonderful exciting news in the next couple days. The silver lining is that they haven't started scheduling next month's interviews yet so hopefully you get CC then quickly followed by interview date :)

USCIS

NVC

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.