KristinD

Twitter Campaign? Anyone?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok I'm home so I can write, yeah!!!! I work at a college that specializes in advertising and social media. All of our international students go through TSC and feel the same way. The goal is to not forcus on the K1 but the processing times in general. I think that connecting it to the new immigration reform would be a good way to bring the issue to light, aka if they can't process in a timely manner how will the handle the influx of cases once they can apply.

I have a few students brainstorming on it. I also contacted our PR person for her take on it and to get her media contacts. I think that to bring the issue to everyone we need to find a way to make other people care, aka repost.

Unfortunately this isn't a quick week thing, but I will start working on some sort of plan so we can at least feel like we're doing something and getting our voices heard.

Any ideas, complaining, people that think this is the crappiest idea ever, let me know. Even the naysayers have good ideas in their posts, unintentional of course. hahahahahaha

I'm excited to hear that some congressmen are calling people back, it's a start. Even if this doesn't help my case maybe we can help people in the future.

Any social media experts out there?

Best,

Kristin

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS doesn't give a damn about people tagging them on Twitter and Facebook. They won't reply at all unless people start posting their personal info like receipt numbers and they reply by telling them not to post sensitive information and will delete the prior post.

But at critical mass, politicians do.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think this is a good ideal, I myself am not on twitter so if there is anything else I can do please let me know. One thing is for sure the squeaky wheel gets the oil. i think if people stop excepting it as the norm maybe things will change. Who knows nothing beats a failure but a try. :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok I'm home so I can write, yeah!!!! I work at a college that specializes in advertising and social media. All of our international students go through TSC and feel the same way. The goal is to not forcus on the K1 but the processing times in general. I think that connecting it to the new immigration reform would be a good way to bring the issue to light, aka if they can't process in a timely manner how will the handle the influx of cases once they can apply.

I have a few students brainstorming on it. I also contacted our PR person for her take on it and to get her media contacts. I think that to bring the issue to everyone we need to find a way to make other people care, aka repost.

Unfortunately this isn't a quick week thing, but I will start working on some sort of plan so we can at least feel like we're doing something and getting our voices heard.

Any ideas, complaining, people that think this is the crappiest idea ever, let me know. Even the naysayers have good ideas in their posts, unintentional of course. hahahahahaha

I'm excited to hear that some congressmen are calling people back, it's a start. Even if this doesn't help my case maybe we can help people in the future.

Any social media experts out there?

Best,

Kristin

I am not an expert on Social media , but I do like the idea of a hashtag(s) that is indicative of the pain that folks feel combined with something that broader audiences can identify with. You need

Maybe #reunitefamilies #lostinimmigrationbureaucracy Too long I know ...we need the perfect term as the article at the bottom highlights, it is an art.

here is a primer

https://www.hashtags.org/platforms/twitter/what-characters-can-a-hashtag-include/

What makes a good hashtag?

https://gigaom.com/2011/01/14/what-makes-a-good-hashtag-hint-its-not-science/

#

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

But at critical mass, politicians do.

This. There will be no traction with CIS accounts. You need to find the right politician to get on board.

Research who is holding onto immigration as a pet project and go after him or her. Don't go big like Marco Rubio. Besides, he has his own version of immigration reform. Look for someone less famous, who needs a "thing" to start a storm with.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good luck to you. From previous experience, reaching out to journalists got the issues more attention than posting on Twitter where you need a lot of traction behind you to get noticed.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Senate immigration subcommittee members: http://www.judiciary.senate.gov/about/subcommittees#immigration

House Immigration subcommittee: http://judiciary.house.gov/index.cfm/subcommittee-on-immigration-and-border-security

Maybe we can start by looking into these reps to see who is on Twitter...

Edited by April+Daniel

Timeline

This. There will be no traction with CIS accounts. You need to find the right politician to get on board.

Research who is holding onto immigration as a pet project and go after him or her. Don't go big like Marco Rubio. Besides, he has his own version of immigration reform. Look for someone less famous, who needs a "thing" to start a ###### storm with.

Definitly a good call, funny that you mention Rubio, he has been in contact twice, not that it'll go anywhere.

I'm starting to write a few posts with an awesome person on Visa Journey to get us started. If you have an idea who is looking for a "thing" let me know. I'm adding it to my list of things to research.

Good luck to you. From previous experience, reaching out to journalists got the issues more attention than posting on Twitter where you need a lot of traction behind you to get noticed.

Hoping to get the contacts asap from my PR person :) if not I'll start looking at who is writing on immigration issues.

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

I will start doing this everyday on Twitter. Great idea.

I am the US Citizen

Journey to Citizenship for my spouse

Day 1    11-20-2017  Filed N-400 Online

Day 1    11-20-2017  NOA1 for N-400

Day 4    11-24-2017  NOA1 hardcopy arrived in the mail

Day 25  12-15-2017  Biometrics Appointment at Ft Smith, AR ASC

Day 104 03-02-2018 Notified Interview Letter Sent.

Day 151 04-18-2018 Interview at Fort Smith, AR 

Day 174 05-11-2018 Oath Ceremony at Fort Smith USCIS.

Day 1,370 - JOURNEY from K1 Visa to Oath of Citizenship is now COMPLETE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please post your twitter handles so we can follow and retweet each other.

@slg988

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Timeline

April, those links look super helpful, I can't wait to check them out! I've been retweeting you.

I was thinking of trying to see if I could get some exposure on reddit if I could put something together that links people and tells them exactly how they can help and where to go and what to say.

Thoughts are to formulate a post that will hook the reader, get them interested and angry with us. Then provide a list of links and ways they can help and who they can contact. A full list of every state senator and their emails/links to contact, and maybe even highlight those involved in immigration.

I also just found both my state senator and the congressman I contacted earlier in the week and tweeted them. Anything is worth a try at this point.

If a post we make can gain traction on reddit we could get some serious exposure.

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

As frustrating as it is, we are hardly dealing with a grave injustice here. We have legal avenues to get our status sorted. I feel sorry for those who are really up the creek without a paddle, such as the kids who were brought here as kids without their knowledge or consent, spent their life growing up and going ot school, without even possibly knowing their status. Now they are adults they have absolutely zero way to become legal if they are over 30. Now that's an injustice.

We are lucky.

AOS on VWP:

2014-11-14 (Day 00) Filed for AOS, EAD and AP
2014-11-17 (Day 03) Status Expired / AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-11-19 (Day 05) Rejection Notice as two pages misplaced by DHS in I-130
2014-11-21 (Day 07) Resubmitted Application
2014-11-28 (Day 14) Resubmitted Application for AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-12-03 (Day 19) NOA for AOS, EAD and AP (I-131 was sent to wrong address)
2014-12-12 (Day 28) NOA confirming biometrics appointment (I never received this, only attorney did - presume lost in mail)
2014-12-20 (Day 36) Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2014-12-31 (Day 47) Biometrics Appointment
2015-01-04 (Day 53) Replied to Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2015-01-30 (Day 77) Offered a Job, submitted request to expedite EAD and AP, infopass meeting scheduled Feb 11
2015-02-10 (Day 88) EAD Approved online.
2015-05-29 (Day 196) Green Card Interview - APPROVED!
2015-06-05 (Day 203) Green Card Arrived

Removal of Conditions:

2017-03-07 (Day 00)  I-751 Package Mailed (CSC)
2017-03-09 (Day 02) I-751 Package delivered (CSC)
2017-03-13 (Day 06)  Checks cashed
2017-03-13 (Day 06) NOA Received 
2017-XX-XX (Day XX) Biometrics Letter 

Timeline

Just want to take a moment to proclaim my love to

stef_curls

Best partner in crime ever! We have the fun Reddit post done, working on the boring informational link to factual info. Creating the Tumblr, thoughts on...

#FixTSC #TSCneedshelp

ps my twitter is @jackfishmiami

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

Timeline

As frustrating as it is, we are hardly dealing with a grave injustice here. We have legal avenues to get our status sorted. I feel sorry for those who are really up the creek without a paddle, such as the kids who were brought here as kids without their knowledge or consent, spent their life growing up and going ot school, without even possibly knowing their status. Now they are adults they have absolutely zero way to become legal if they are over 30. Now that's an injustice.

We are lucky.

Dude, Obama just created and passed DACA for this exact situation.

"On June 15, 2012, President Obama created a new policy calling for deferred action for certain undocumented young people who came to the U.S. as children. Applications under the program which is called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) began on August 15, 2012.

We put together the following FAQ to help answer questions about what this all means, who is eligible, and what eligible youth can do next."

Please read further:

http://www.immigrationequality.org/get-legal-help/our-legal-resources/path-to-status-in-the-u-s/daca-deferred-action-for-childhood-arrivals/

I don't disagree with Obama but the workload of TSC has increased dramatically and it's partly due to this.

Also, how is it fair that csc filers get approved in 1,2 months while we wait 8 months to a year? Just because we aren't dying doesn't mean we aren't suffering. I realize there are people that are worse off in the world. That isn't the point here.

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Following you both. I'm going to take a backseat on this for now. Tomorrow I'll take a deeper look at both of yalls tweets and start retweeting. I'll talk to Daniel tomorrow about following and retweeting whatever I RT. Not sure any of his followers will care, but he has a lot of them so can't hurt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.