Trixiepop

Petition submitted- Need reassurance! :)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hey guys!

I have actually been reading this forum for a while and it's been a great resource! I just have had some anxiety today regarding the PROCESS and just wanted to check in!

My fiancé is British, living in Glasgow, and we've been officially together since 2012, though had been talking online since 2010. Though we've talked about getting married for a while, we finally got engaged over his last visit and I submitted the petition on Christmas Eve! (My mom had to hand hold me through putting together the application because I was SO worried I would mess it up).

Between the two of us, we've had 7 visits of various lengths, so I had ample evidence. I included the G-325as, the i-129f form with explanation on how we met in person, letters of intent to marry, passport style photos, photos of us together alone and with my family and friends, boarding passes, passport stamps, bank statements of withdrawals I made in Glasgow, travel itineraries, and I included some proof of genuine relationship just to front-load it.

I write grants for education programs for a living, so I sort of just sort of used those skills.

Anyway, my NOA-1 came via text WAY quicker then I thought, especially considering I submitted it over the holidays- I got the text/email on January 2nd, and the fee was withdrawn from my account the same day. I am still waiting on the hard copy. We're being processed at the TSC. I was hopeful that because that all happened so quickly, or petition might get processed more quickly as well, but after what I read today, I think I am wrong...

So yeah, I had some downtime due to a snow day today- well, not really a snow day. A "schools are shut because it's too damn cold to have kids outside waiting for the bus" day, and sort of came here to figure out if he could visit on his ESTA, and fell into an anxiety loop! I'm mostly frustrated to realize the TSC is WAY slow. I just want to be with my person! I'm not anticipating a lot of issues because 1. He is British. 2. No overstays or criminal background. 3. I meet the income requirement and 4. We've def met. are def. in love and def. going to get married.

I'm planning the ceremony cautiously! It's going to be at a lake! I'm knitting a lace wedding shawl!

It just sucks because there is so much here that is out of my hands at this point, and it just seems like SUCH a long process, and I am REALLY afraid I am going to make some stupid error to screw it all up.

So I guess... what do you guys think? Do you think I am right to be optimistic about our chances at approval? Any tips about this final push? (We've been managing this LDR for 3 years, but the next 7-10 or more months feel like they might feel the longest!)

THANK YOU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Case Filing and Progress Reports -topic is filing/case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I don't think you have anything to worry about, if you have no red flags everything should be fine, and you seemed to have included a good amount of evidence. Good luck! :)

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The fact that you have been onto this site for a while is a major advantage... and it sounds like you've taken all the important stuff on board and provided everything they need.

The next bit is the tough part.... the waiting. Since you are at TSC (Texas Service Center)... progress will not be quick and the 'disturbing' part will be watching others who are through California Service Center, and expedited petitions such as Philippines. If you connect with TSC petitioners who have filed at the same time as you it gives you good guidelines as to expected time frames.

You've done your homework, filed your petition, expect it to be a while before you hear more and join your appropriate filers thread and try and keep busy in the meantime. Sometimes things speed up, but if you stick with your thread, at least you will feel comfortable in knowing that the problem isn't you !

All the best for a successful and hopefully quicker journey !

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Almost all petitions are approved (over 99% according to an old post I recall reading here). If you have no red flags, make sure your papers are in order, and then just relax and stay busy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Between the two of us, we've had 7 visits of various lengths, so I had ample evidence.

Maybe, visits alone do nothing to describe a legitimate relationship, only that you two met somewhere.

I included the G-325as, the i-129f form with explanation on how we met in person, letters of intent to marry, passport style photos, photos of us together alone and with my family and friends, boarding passes, passport stamps, bank statements of withdrawals I made in Glasgow, travel itineraries, and I included some proof of genuine relationship just to front-load it.

Good

I was hopeful that because that all happened so quickly, or petition might get processed more quickly as well,

Maybe

but after what I read today, I think I am wrong...

Expect around 5 months but plan for 10.

I'm mostly frustrated to realize the TSC is WAY slow

You're only one month into the process and you're getting nervous now?

1. He is British. 2. No overstays or criminal background. 3. I meet the income requirement

That's fine

and 4. We've def met. are def. in love and def. going to get married.

Then you have to prove it to a total stranger, the Embassy CO. Your statement alone is not good enough.

I'm planning the ceremony cautiously! It's going to be at a lake! I'm knitting a lace wedding shawl!

That's all fine but no dates........remember plan for 10 months, expect around 5.

It just sucks because there is so much here that is out of my hands at this point, and it just seems like SUCH a long process, and I am REALLY afraid I am going to make some stupid error to screw it all up.

If you submitted all that is required for the 129f petition, then you'll be fine. Just plan for 10 months, expect around 5.

So I guess... what do you guys think?

Relax and wait.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have nothing to worry about. You have solid evidence, you met in person and you have definite wedding plans. TSC is slow so expect your NOA-2 in 6-10 months. In the mean time, your "husband to be" can visit you on ESTA or you can also visit him.

We filed in March 2013 and our NOA-1 came in July 2013 and NOA-2 came in August 2013, we were also at the TSC. Currently we are now waiting for my wife's green card. We filed AOS in early March 2014, received both her EAD and a waiver of interview letter in August and are still waiting on the conditional green card. The waiver letter did however state that if we did not receive a green card or an interview appointment by Jan 29th, to call them.

Good luck!

Timeline

Thanks everyone! I know you're all waiting too, so I didn't mean to undermine that being so fresh into the process. It just feels like such a long time!

Timeline

Ours was thru the CSC. still took a solid 5 months. You can read some of the notes on our timeline. We had to resend passport photos and letters of intent to marry which I knew we're in the packet when I mailed it. My fiance is in coatbridge.

When he schedules his medical tell him to notify the embassy and he can possibly get an interview that same afternoon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.