Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2015

1,133 posts in this topic

Dont give up! Push until they fix the matter. A total lack of communication between both nvc and embassy.

I requested it Dec 18 to both embassy and nvc on Dec 29 nvc reply to submit evidence and embassy reply to do it through nvc with I did Jan 4 email it and on the 5th they confirmed received. Today I called nvc and they said they forward to consulate now waiting.

Thanks!

I know, I cant believe it.

My case should be reviewed in the next 2 weeks anyway but I need this expedite to get to my sick husband!

I'm still on hold to speak to someone at the NVC.

Any suggestions of what else I should ask for?

I am going to confirm receipt of civil documents and if they can forward that info onto the embassy? Should I ask to speak to a supervisor?

Thanks!

I know, I cant believe it.

My case should be reviewed in the next 2 weeks anyway but I need this expedite to get to my sick husband!

I'm still on hold to speak to someone at the NVC.

Any suggestions of what else I should ask for?

I am going to confirm receipt of civil documents and if they can forward that info onto the embassy? Should I ask to speak to a supervisor?

Yes, ask to speak to supervisor and some type of proof things are being done.

Yes, ask to speak to supervisor and some type of proof things are being done.

I just spoke to the NVC.

She said that they have received my packet but cannot confirm that the civil documents are there because my packet has not yet been reviewed. She then gave me the 60 day spiel.

I told her, the point of my expedite request is to obviously not have to wait for it to be reviewed and to get it through to the embassy. She ten told me my request was declined and I have to deal with it, I can send another request if I wanted to.

I guess I have to wait until someone picks up my file, confirms receipt of civil documents then submit another expedite request.

Which i dont see the point of if i have to wait anyway.

Im going to try and call the embassy directly and see what can be done. This is beyond ridiculous.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Any one with scan date 11/21 . This was for AOS checklist... Hoping to hear some thing next week, !!!

Congrats.. to all who got CC this week.

Hey im 11/20! im hoping to hear something next week also iA.

Filed: Other Timeline

I just spoke to the NVC.

She said that they have received my packet but cannot confirm that the civil documents are there because my packet has not yet been reviewed. She then gave me the 60 day spiel.

I told her, the point of my expedite request is to obviously not have to wait for it to be reviewed and to get it through to the embassy. She ten told me my request was declined and I have to deal with it, I can send another request if I wanted to.

I guess I have to wait until someone picks up my file, confirms receipt of civil documents then submit another expedite request.

Which i dont see the point of if i have to wait anyway.

Im going to try and call the embassy directly and see what can be done. This is beyond ridiculous.

The embassy is the only one to make the decision about expedites. NVC only passes on your request and if approved by the embassy forwards the case to them thus skipping the 60 day wait. Since the embassy is requiring NVC to confirm civil docs it appears to NVC as a denial. I would go back to the embassy again and explain what NVC said because this is an obvious disconnect. NVC won't confirm and embassy wants confirmation. I would think you could email copies of the civil documents to the embassy directly as proof you have them. I don't see the point of the civil documents being something to hold up a decision about an expedite since the onerous now falls to the embassy to review civil docs anyway. Best of luck! I was denied my expedite by the embassy after being expedited for the I-130 at USCIS. The embassy did assure me that I would have an expedited interview. I am 9 months pregnant and my NVC scan date is Nov 17th, still waiting for review/response. Assuming no checklists and an expedited interview my husband might make the birth of our child. Such a bad system! Those of us that have spouses in countries not on the visa waiver program are challenged even further by this process. Add pregnancy making travel unavailable and it's an absolute nightmare situation. 7 months now since I last saw my husband. They should not separate families like this.

We mailed our I-130 today! :dancing:

We were denied previously for the K-1 due to sending the wrong Chinese documentation for my wife's divorce certificate. USCIS was not clear in the RFE of what they wanted until they sent the denial letter. :diablo:

But we are married now, sent tons of proof and the second time will stick! :thumbs:

all the best to you both, Mike and Yaoling!

but be very patient....the petition approval at uscis is a slow one and a case complete might be just as slow.

none the less....good luck!!!

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Bless you my friend and thank you for understanding my paranoia hahahha OMG I was never like this before this experience. I thought, you know who was intercepting my e-mails shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, And who knows they might be........................................... scared16.gif

Just emailed you my long response ;) If you didn't get it, let me know and I can re-send in the morning. For now: bed time!

The embassy is the only one to make the decision about expedites. NVC only passes on your request and if approved by the embassy forwards the case to them thus skipping the 60 day wait. Since the embassy is requiring NVC to confirm civil docs it appears to NVC as a denial. I would go back to the embassy again and explain what NVC said because this is an obvious disconnect. NVC won't confirm and embassy wants confirmation. I would think you could email copies of the civil documents to the embassy directly as proof you have them. I don't see the point of the civil documents being something to hold up a decision about an expedite since the onerous now falls to the embassy to review civil docs anyway. Best of luck! I was denied my expedite by the embassy after being expedited for the I-130 at USCIS. The embassy did assure me that I would have an expedited interview. I am 9 months pregnant and my NVC scan date is Nov 17th, still waiting for review/response. Assuming no checklists and an expedited interview my husband might make the birth of our child. Such a bad system! Those of us that have spouses in countries not on the visa waiver program are challenged even further by this process. Add pregnancy making travel unavailable and it's an absolute nightmare situation. 7 months now since I last saw my husband. They should not separate families like this.

I am afraid that my visa will take long to process too and my husband needs me.

I have decided to travel on the visa waiver on a return flight to the states to be with him. I can't wait for the NVC process any more.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Called NVC, they say my AOS checklist has not been reviewed yet. I dont know why they are approving the documents with scan dates later than mine? while i am waiting for my documents to be reviewed.

Scan date for AOS checklist 07 November ;-(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

they say its because of the few days Christmas and new year holidays. so now they are taking more than 60 days for all dcouments to be reviewed. :ranting::clock:

Does anyone know what date NVC is on now...I have a Nov 14 checklist scan date and still no CC...Monday is day 60 so was hoping to hear something by now.I called NVC yesterday and was told to give it the full 60 days but I see people getting CC 4 - 5 days ahead of their scan dates...why not meeeeeeeeeeee .This waiting is wearing on me.

Looks like i got a cc... Got the N/A in the AOS part. Scan date was 11.17. No checklist and after the NOA2 to casenumber was it a very smoth process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.