vanity08

Previous Entry Denied to the USA

23 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon Everyone,

please i hope someone with the knowledge will be able to help me out please. in 2012 i was refuse entry to the US, i was visiting my uncle at that time, but was also married and my husband was also in the US, they find out i was married, and said i was moving in which was not true. so i was denied entry. my photos was taking,finger print.

please my question is now am waiting on an interview date for my IR1 visa, i want to know if this could affect me from getting my visa. husband is US citizen and my 10 month old son also has a US passport. (citizen).

please any help will be very nice. thanks and a very happy new year.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It could affect it yes- at the very least, expect some questions at the interview. But we need more details:

- Did you lie at any stage (saying you weren't married when you were etc)?

- UK citizens on the VWP are not usually pulled into secondary inspection, any idea why you were?

- Did you sign any papers at the time? If so, what did they say? Is there anything written in your passport?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

It could affect it yes- at the very least, expect some questions at the interview. But we need more details:

- Did you lie at any stage (saying you weren't married when you were etc)?

- UK citizens on the VWP are not usually pulled into secondary inspection, any idea why you were?

- Did you sign any papers at the time? If so, what did they say? Is there anything written in your passport?

thanks a lot for the quick response. no i didnt lie, i was not even asked about being married, they found a check in my bag, which giving to me as a present because we got married in the state. he told me i was lying that is not a gift but i was working because no one will give me that amount of money for a present. that is when they took my uncle wife number to call her and ask her some question, i dont know what was asked, but he came back with my hubby name date we were married etc.

plz i was told to go through security luggage check that is when i got that problem. yes i sign some papers to say i lie, i just sign because i was sooo tired, and was been sent straight back home and i just wanted to be over with and come home.

plz this is the number 212 7ai, i can see the rest well is something like this 212 cca205526203, i dont know if is right. thanks

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks a lot for the quick response. no i didnt lie, i was not even asked about being married, they found a check in my bag, which giving to me as a present because we got married in the state. he told me i was lying that is not a gift but i was working because no one will give me that amount of money for a present. that is when they took my uncle wife number to call her and ask her some question, i dont know what was asked, but he came back with my hubby name date we were married etc.

plz i was told to go through security luggage check that is when i got that problem. yes i sign some papers to say i lie, i just sign because i was sooo tired, and was been sent straight back home and i just wanted to be over with and come home.

plz this is the number 212 7ai, i can see the rest well is something like this 212 cca205526203, i dont know if is right. thanks

If you try to say that the papers are wrong and that you signed them simply because you were tired etc then you could be in trouble and be slapped with a misrepresentation ban.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What you are listing as the number could mean you simply withdrew your application for admission- ie you just turned around. If so, all is good and other than a few questions, it should not affect your spousal visa. However, you mention in your reply that you signed something saying you lied. If you indeed did, that could be more serious, as it could be material miss-representation- ie immigration fraud, which would carry a ban.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

What you are listing as the number could mean you simply withdrew your application for admission- ie you just turned around. If so, all is good and other than a few questions, it should not affect your spousal visa. However, you mention in your reply that you signed something saying you lied. If you indeed did, that could be more serious, as it could be material miss-representation- ie immigration fraud, which would carry a ban.

i was turn around on the spot, and was told my VWP was canceil and will need a visa the next time i want to visit the usa. i have giving the case to a lawyer, who is the one doing everything for me, i really hope nothing bad will happen. thanks a let.

Timeline

i was turn around on the spot, and was told my VWP was canceil and will need a visa the next time i want to visit the usa. i have giving the case to a lawyer, who is the one doing everything for me, i really hope nothing bad will happen. thanks a let.

Why did you hire a lawyer? What a waste of money for this.

If you try to say that the papers are wrong and that you signed them simply because you were tired etc then you could be in trouble and be slapped with a misrepresentation ban.

i want, but i just wanted to know if they will ask me question on it, and also if they will ask me to bring in the paper that i sign. thanks

Timeline

i want, but i just wanted to know if they will ask me question on it, and also if they will ask me to bring in the paper that i sign. thanks

They won't need you to bring it, they'll have everything in the system already. Your biometrics will bring it up. They probably will ask you about it. However as already mentioned, if you say you lied and signed you're in for an uphil battle.

Why did you hire a lawyer? What a waste of money for this.

i know, but we didnt know about this website, plus my parents insisted we give to a lawyer,

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

When you filled out your visa application they ask have you been ever been denied entry. You should have put in yes that way if it comes up at the interview you can explain yourself. As long as your honest I don't see it being a big deal. They would not have let you come this far if it was totally a huge problem. Be honest explain the situation, and remember that incident was separate from this current approval.

If you feel more comfortable with a lawyer just make sure it's a GOOD lawyer.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

When you filled out your visa application they ask have you been ever been denied entry. You should have put in yes that way if it comes up at the interview you can explain yourself. As long as your honest I don't see it being a big deal. They would not have let you come this far if it was totally a huge problem. Be honest explain the situation, and remember that incident was separate from this current approval.

thanks a lot Jpatton, i will do just that. i did not do the paperwork, my lawyer did and he knows, so am sure he did put it in there.

thanks a lot everyone for your help and i will keep you posted when i get interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.