vanity08

Previous Entry Denied to the USA

23 posts in this topic

If you feel more comfortable with a lawyer just make sure it's a GOOD lawyer.

thanks. from what we were told they said he is good lawyer. finger cross

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Well no. it would not affect but be prepared to answer questions at your interview. I'm assuming you are filling abroad now right?
what happened is that when you enter in the U.S and you were married to a U.S citizen your visa type is not longer a visitor. It's a spouse visa now which you are filling for it now. You will be fine. no fraud commited.

Wepaperwork it would not affect but be prepared to answer questions at your interview. I'm assuming you are filling abroad now right?

what happened is that when you enter in the U.S and you were married to a U.S citizen your visa type is not longer a visitor. It's a spouse visa now which you are filling for it now. You will be fine. no fraud commited.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH, WHAT A RELIEF. No. My husband and the lawyer are doing the paperwork in the USA. Thank you I will prepare myself for the questions and will keep you posted if I do get the interview date.

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

faith not lose your heart be strong god is with thosmum kee whom faithfull so don't worry so much he will help you good luck!

thank you dear for the wonderful world's and fro strengthing my faith. Nothing is impossible for the most high. My mum keep telling me to stop worrying about it and put faith in God and he do anything. Thanks for the rememding worlds.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

2 posts removed along with one member's access to this thread for a personal attack and hijacking the thread with posts intended to create drama.
additional admin action has been taken.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

My case is similiar. Me and my husband were married and I entered the U.S on a visitor visa while married(the officer did not ask me if I was married, so they let me in). we consulted to an atty bc we wanted to adjust my status. if I would've stayed and adjust my status I would've been accused of visa fraud so I had to come back to my country while the atty and my husband filled the paperwork. Lawyer said I should be prepared to be hammered during my interview but my case is a lot stronger since I came back and did not adjust status(which not fraud commited). I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. just try to answer as honest as possible!! Good luck in your journey!!

I wondering what kind of questions/answers lead to further questioning and bag searches. I visited 5 times on VWP in 2014, 4 times in 2013, 4 times in 2012. I have never been questioned beyond the usual "what's your purpose and how long are you staying?" type questions. I was once asked what job I do and what job he does. I was once asked how we met. On my most recent visit at Thanksgiving I said I was married and visiting my husband. The officer seemed more interested in why I was carrying a big winter coat through LAX when it was pleasantly mild and I explained I was in transit to my husband's hometown where there was deep snow. I showed him my flight itinerary and he was happy.

I've never had my bag searched. Which airport was this? Is this normal procedure and I've just been lucky? Or was this extremely bad luck for the OP to be investigated further?

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.