thatangela

NOA2 to NVC: Have you been waiting more than a month?

558 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You guys, call USCIS again. Demand to speak to Tier 2 and ask them what's going on. DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS STEP.

this is clearly the best advise I have for all that are still waiting. Emailing uscis,nvc and getting my senator and congressman didn't help me one bit. After putting in 2 service request expedited that's what got the ball rolling for me

Edited by townbizz

Timeline

Called Nvc today still does not have my case i got my noa2 on oct 3 ?

October 3, 2014, sent to NVC, and Jan. 16, 2015, they still haven't assigned a number and sent it to the embassy?

I don't even know what to say...

Timeline

I got an e-mail from my congresswoman's office today- finally. This is what NVC just sent them:

"This is a follow-up to your email dated November 5, 2014 [bold is mine]. We reached out to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regarding the current location and status of receipt number SRCxxxxx. According to USCIS, this case was forwarded to the National Visa Center on January 5, 2015.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to your office or to your constituent. "

I wonder if my congresswoman's office even reached out to USCIS or just NVC. If my case hadn't yet reached NVC, I'd be tempted to write back and ask, "So did you do anything else on my case after November 5th?" They didn't even tell me they had contacted NVC when I followed up with them a couple times in December.

No regrets not voting for her last November...

bow, I'm confused. You have been waiting since November 5, 2014, to get your Petition from USCIS to NVC? But I thought you said in another thread that K1's were processed faster at NVC than others?

And yes, I realize the faster processing time might mean once NVC actually receives the file... Man, this is complicated.

Glad you finally got your number, though!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No.

He got his NOA-2 in September. It was not sent to NVC for processing. The November date you are referencing is the day he emailed his Congress person for help.

When he says K1 visas are processed quicker at NVC, he's right. Once your case gets to NVC, it typically is processed in a few days, then sent to your embassy. Other visas stay at NVC for months of processing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

bow, I'm confused. You have been waiting since November 5, 2014, to get your Petition from USCIS to NVC? But I thought you said in another thread that K1's were processed faster at NVC than others?

And yes, I realize the faster processing time might mean once NVC actually receives the file... Man, this is complicated.

Glad you finally got your number, though!

Basically Angela summed it up. I waited from September to last week for my petition to go from CSC to NVC. November 5th is the date my congresswoman's office contacted the NVC on my behalf.

Once it finally reached NVC, I had a case # the next day. Assuming all goes well, it should be on its way to the embassy next week.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Im still waiting hopefully get my case at NVC this week, Im waiting since Oct.3, I really dont understand why they are taking so long on this, why is so hard to put general information in a computer. :(

Timeline

Basically Angela summed it up. I waited from September to last week for my petition to go from CSC to NVC. November 5th is the date my congresswoman's office contacted the NVC on my behalf.

Once it finally reached NVC, I had a case # the next day. Assuming all goes well, it should be on its way to the embassy next week.

hey bow hopefully everything goes good with ours at NVC but what would cause NVC to do AP on a petition I was reading another thread called stuck at AP 2 there were people waiting 2 months just to get it sent to embassy.So basically even though we have a case number there's a possibility NVC could make us wait more?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

hey bow hopefully everything goes good with ours at NVC but what would cause NVC to do AP on a petition I was reading another thread called stuck at AP 2 there were people waiting 2 months just to get it sent to embassy.So basically even though we have a case number there's a possibility NVC could make us wait more?

Yeah, there is a small chance of that happening. I will be breathing a sigh of relief when my case is on its way to the embassy.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Hey everyone at VJ,

First, thanks for the incredibly valuable information/answers on this site! It's been a lifesaver! Thank you everyone for your support, help, and encouragement.
Unfortunately, my fiance' and I are experiencing the same delay getting our K1 from USCIS to NVC and I wanted to add in our experience so far. We both started the K1 process knowing that there are "average" process times. So, we expected the longer wait times after hearing so many stories of people's experiences with the process. This helped us plan a little around the stress and to be patient, all while missing each other very much.
Here's where we are at:
- Sep 23, 2014: Received NOA2. Hoping it would get to NVC in the 30 days I was seeing others get.
- Late October 2014: Called NVC; they had not received the I-129f yet. Arg!
Called USCIS, they said I have to wait 90 days from NOA2 date for them to look into it. The lady said the form is registered as "sent to NVC". They can't tell me anymore info.
- Mid December 2014: Called again NVC; still they had'nt gotten it. This made me upset as the 90 days was approaching quickly. The guy from NVC said to not be worried about the NOA2 expiration date (which was a month away). But, honestly, this just made me more nervous. I emailed a ticket request with NVC support (I've gotten no reply to this email yet).
Called USCIS again. The lady said the form is registered as "sent to NVC" and could not tell me where it is or any details - wait 90 days (the usual).
- Jan 5, 2015: Called NVC after the 90 days - NOPE!
Called USCIS and asked to speak with a tier 2 representative. Tier 2 representative said she would begin looking into the matter and email me her findings. She was unable to answer any questions but did say that since it's been more than 90 days, she would be able to expedite the form to NVC. I was very nice, but she got a little short with me after I asked her a few extra questions.
- Jan 6, 2015: Email received from USCIS:
" Bla Bla Bla
Bla
Bla bla
The status of this service request is:
Thank you for your inquiry. We have forwarded your case to the National Visa Center. Please allow sixty (60) days for the NVC to receive the case and enter it into the systems.
-Bla Bla Bla"
No explanation of where the form was or why it wasn't actually sent to NVC in the first place when USCIS' systems showed as "sent to NVC". So frustrating!
- Jan 12, 2015: Received renewal NOA2 with later expiration date.
So, we are back to waiting two more months for the USCIS to mail our K1 to NVC. My hope is now that the application has been expedited by a tier 2 officer, this will help get it to NVC this time.
This next week I'll be calling NVC to check if they've received it. Only thing I haven't done yet is contact my congressman. Perhaps I'm wrong, but they don't seem like they can do much anyway.
Sorry for the long rant, but I hope this might help others in some way:
Don't give up, keep researching what options you have!
Ask for a tier 2 representative day 1 after those 90 days! (perhaps sooner if you can)
Have a good night VJ. Cheers,
-Mark
Edited by marktwh

Timeline

We are in the same boat bro, this is a poor service, I recieved my Noa2 on Oct 3 and it will expire this coming feb 2, called NVC they still does not have nothing, I keep positive, i didnt know that this take so long, so hopefully at the begining of freb we hear something.

Edited by gregory30

Timeline

A note to all: when a Tier 1 CIS rep says you have to wait 90 days before you can talk to a Tier 2 IO, hang up and keep calling back until you get someone who will patch you through.

The 90 days thing is horseshit.

Timeline

Hey everyone at VJ,

First, thanks for the incredibly valuable information/answers on this site! It's been a lifesaver! Thank you everyone for your support, help, and encouragement.
Unfortunately, my fiance' and I are experiencing the same delay getting our K1 from USCIS to NVC and I wanted to add in our experience so far. We both started the K1 process knowing that there are "average" process times. So, we expected the longer wait times after hearing so many stories of people's experiences with the process. This helped us plan a little around the stress and to be patient, all while missing each other very much.
Here's where we are at:
- Sep 23, 2014: Received NOA2. Hoping it would get to NVC in the 30 days I was seeing others get.
- Late October 2014: Called NVC; they had not received the I-129f yet. Arg!
Called USCIS, they said I have to wait 90 days from NOA2 date for them to look into it. The lady said the form is registered as "sent to NVC". They can't tell me anymore info.
- Mid December 2014: Called again NVC; still they had'nt gotten it. This made me upset as the 90 days was approaching quickly. The guy from NVC said to not be worried about the NOA2 expiration date (which was a month away). But, honestly, this just made me more nervous. I emailed a ticket request with NVC support (I've gotten no reply to this email yet).
Called USCIS again. The lady said the form is registered as "sent to NVC" and could not tell me where it is or any details - wait 90 days (the usual).
- Jan 5, 2015: Called NVC after the 90 days - NOPE!
Called USCIS and asked to speak with a tier 2 representative. Tier 2 representative said she would begin looking into the matter and email me her findings. She was unable to answer any questions but did say that since it's been more than 90 days, she would be able to expedite the form to NVC. I was very nice, but she got a little short with me after I asked her a few extra questions.
- Jan 6, 2015: Email received from USCIS:
" Bla Bla Bla
Bla
Bla bla
The status of this service request is:
Thank you for your inquiry. We have forwarded your case to the National Visa Center. Please allow sixty (60) days for the NVC to receive the case and enter it into the systems.
-Bla Bla Bla"
No explanation of where the form was or why it wasn't actually sent to NVC in the first place when USCIS' systems showed as "sent to NVC". So frustrating!
- Jan 12, 2015: Received renewal NOA2 with later expiration date.
So, we are back to waiting two more months for the USCIS to mail our K1 to NVC. My hope is now that the application has been expedited by a tier 2 officer, this will help get it to NVC this time.
This next week I'll be calling NVC to check if they've received it. Only thing I haven't done yet is contact my congressman. Perhaps I'm wrong, but they don't seem like they can do much anyway.
Sorry for the long rant, but I hope this might help others in some way:
Don't give up, keep researching what options you have!
Ask for a tier 2 representative day 1 after those 90 days! (perhaps sooner if you can)
Have a good night VJ. Cheers,
-Mark

i haven't read where you contacted your local senator or congress office try doing that you have to fill out a form and fax it in with a copy of your noa2 and write a brief letter what your issue is......otherwise keep calling uscis and demand to speak to a immigration officer and get a expedite request good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow.

I almost feel like an A-Hole freaking out about this when it's been less than 5 weeks since NOA2. Thanks to Angela and everyone else for chiming and giving us all a measure of hope that things could get better.

NOA2 at 12/18 here so the one thing that I am banking on is a previous poster saying a batch of these things went out on 1/5. Hopefully that stack is being chopped down by NVC. What I am just flabbergasted about is how most or at least a lot of TSC related cases actually get notices that these cases are being sent to the NVC, yet a great majority of the cases I've seen (without significant bellyaching) being sent out from CSC have seem to have gone to the NVC with nary a note, leaving us all with our respective knobs in our hands.

I really REALLY feel for you all that have been waiting since September / October through beyond for a ray of light. I guess I'll take a deep breath, hang tight, and prepare for any phone calls I have to make to USCIS / NVC to avoid myself having a breakdown during the call.

-Mark

Edited by gaspanic99

Timeline

Again called to nvc it does not have my case called uscis they dont give me any answer they just say be patient and wait for the email inquiry so frustrated about it another week without my case number ?

Timeline

I hope this is the most difficult part for everyone else. On the bright side, after waiting almost 90 days for my case number, I had my interview this morning.

I pack this weekend and leave on Monday.

Stay strong, you guys, and don't give up. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Someone just has to replace the dimbulbs at CIS. ;)

Edited by thatangela

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.