dalilahussam

NVC hasn't received our approved K1 case from USCIS

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I received approval for my petition on the 22nd of October- only a month after sending it. Great news right? Wrong. We are into our 7th week and the NVC still claims they haven't received our case from the USCIS. I called USCIS and after holding for two and a half hours, a very rude gentleman confirmed that NO they have not sent our case just yet. He stated, " we send them in bulk and it will be sent soon but I cannot tell you when exactly. If the NVC doesn't have it by middle of December, call us again." Okay?! What?

I thought things were supposed to move "much quicker" once the approval was received. I guess I am just looking for some reassurance that it won't turn into one of these waiting horror stories that I've been reading here.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Same for me, they took about a month to send my approved petition to NVC. Everything moved fast once NVC processed it though. Unfortunately there is still the horror of AP in NVC (if you are put in it. not everyone gets AP). I cant assure you it wont be horrific, but just stay vigilant and keep trying to get updates. We can't control a lot of things in this whole process, but what we can control is our patience and perseverance. Good luck and I hope your visa gets approved soon!

Many people here had waited more than 2 months when NVC was finally received the approved petition.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Comment/inquiry about case status~

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

K1s should move pretty fast. Mine was sent within few days of approval and it was at NVC for a short time. Once NVC receives and enters your file in a computer they mail it to embassy very quickly. Procedures for CR1s are different. I used to follow peoples timelines and they all moves very quickly. I also got very misleasing and wrong information from USCIS, so you gotta be lucky to speak to a competent person. Most of them have no idea about how things work. I spoke once to one male officer/Tier 2 at USCIS and I inquired about embassy change, he told me I cannot do it unless I pay $400 (which is totally wrong) and when I asked him another questions, he said do you know who I am? I said, yeah..can you answer my question. Then he very rudly said, do you know I am US immigration officer, I said yeah I know, but for some reason you still did not answer my simple question and hanged up. So sometimes takes many calls to have simple question answered. I had no problems changing embassies, it just took a quick e-mail to the consulate. So, if you feel you ae not getting an answer, you must call until you reach a smarter person ;)

:luv:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I received approval for my petition on the 22nd of October- only a month after sending it. Great news right? Wrong. We are into our 7th week and the NVC still claims they haven't received our case from the USCIS. I called USCIS and after holding for two and a half hours, a very rude gentleman confirmed that NO they have not sent our case just yet. He stated, " we send them in bulk and it will be sent soon but I cannot tell you when exactly. If the NVC doesn't have it by middle of December, call us again." Okay?! What?

I thought things were supposed to move "much quicker" once the approval was received. I guess I am just looking for some reassurance that it won't turn into one of these waiting horror stories that I've been reading here.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

We are in the same case :

receipt date:09/17/14

notice date : 10/22/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.