LibCampFireClub

It’s official: America is now No. 2

91 posts in this topic

Then you should use stats and research. This way you can talk about it without the emotions. It's like anything we do here and IRL, knock them on their butts or don't play the game.

http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-human-trafficking-ring-busted-2013-8

Read the part about sexual exploitation.

http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/2012tipr.html

This is from the U.S. embassy

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2014/02/28/chinese-babies-saved-from-human-trafficking-ring

Let me know if you require more proof.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Keep your St. Louis. I've seen what you and your fiends have done to America. Good luck and enjoy it.

I don't recall Marvin being a member of the republican party? Of course it's always easy to blame others than admit your ideology has had anything to do with American decline. Too many people in this country seem to be in auto drive when it comes to politics. Just pick a side and repeat what ever corporate media tells you. I wouldn't mind so much, but seeing as I live Here, it gets rather tedious to be told the same thing over and over again as if they thought of it themselves.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Other Timeline

You are such a tool of 0bola. Again, if you wanna know the truth, come with me to China. I'm happy to show you around.

It's not me who you're engaging with. It's Operator and Exexpat. Just trying to help keep you centered.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You are such a tool of 0bola. Again, if you wanna know the truth, come with me to China. I'm happy to show you around.

I suggest you start with the U.S. embassy. They say the same thing about China and this was before Obama was elected.

I suggest you start with the U.S. embassy. They say the same thing about China and this was before Obama was elected.

I dealt directly with the US embassies in Beijing, and Chengdu, and with the US consulate in Guangzhou. The people who actually travel there and experience the culture all have an initial What-DA-FK moment that can be buffered by finding others who are there also. I suggest you stop reading propaganda and start listening to human experience.

Edited by ExExpat

I dealt directly with the US embassies in Beijing, and Chengdu, and with the US consulate in Guangzhou. The people who actually travel there and experience the culture all have an initial What-DA-FK moment that can be buffered by finding others who are there also. I suggest you stop reading propaganda and start listening to human experience.

Did you just say this with a straight face?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The topic of the thread is about the growing Chinese economy surpassing that of this country (the US). As folks have stated it was bound to happen and will likely stabilize and maybe even decline a little.

There is a problem in China with wealth distribution (to put it mildly). It's the same situation that other countries face and to some extent we face here.

Like any country China has social issues that it faces, Westerners are hard pressed to understand the root of these issues and I'll tell you why. China is a big country with an enormous population. Traveling from province to province and sometimes county to county is like going to another country. The language, food and clothing can be as different as they can be. To suggest that one problem has a common cause across the spectrum is foolish.

Two things that I know for sure about the country, the only two things.

1. I could study it's history and people for 100 years and not be an expert.

2. It's not a monster and I wish people wouldn't be afraid of it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Are you joking or really that ignorant of Chinese history or do think Chinese history began in the 1940s?

Is your reading comprehension really that bad, or are you asking stupid questions for the fun of it?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Two of my favorite facts about China.

1. More English speakers than the US

2. It's believed that the difference between the actual population and the official census is so different that the number of people alone would be the fifth largest population. (not really a fact)

Timeline

Two of my favorite facts about China.

1. More English speakers than the US

2. It's believed that the difference between the actual population and the official census is so different that the number of people alone would be the fifth largest population. (not really a fact)

1. What exactly qualifies as an English Speaker? Saying your ABCs doesn't count as an English speaker in my book.

I've spent some time in Hong Kong and Taiwan. I'd assume their English is better than the mainland, and it sucked.

1. What exactly qualifies as an English Speaker? Saying your ABCs doesn't count as an English speaker in my book.

I've spent some time in Hong Kong and Taiwan. I'd assume their English is better than the mainland, and it sucked.

English is a required language for all schools in China. Imagine that, another language.

My main office is in Taipei, Taiwan where English is a second language actively spoken not only there, but throughout the country. Now, for sure you can travel about in neighborhoods and interact with people who cannot speak English, but unless you are in rural Taiwan, you can easily find an English speaker. Imagine finding someone in America who can speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese, ShanghaiHua, or other Chinese dialect. It just ain't gonna happen.

Bottom line for those who travel to China look for a face under 30 years of age and say, "Hello, do you speak English." Guess what, they do. And, not only that they will help you to find your way or hook you up with someone who can.

Note: In Hong Kong everyone speaks English. Period

Edited by ExExpat

Timeline

English is a required language for all schools in China. Imagine that, another language.

My main office is in Taipei, Taiwan where English is a second language actively spoken not only there, but throughout the country. Now, for sure you can travel about in neighborhoods and interact with people who cannot speak English, but unless you are in rural Taiwan, you can easily find an English speaker. Imagine finding someone in America who can speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese, ShanghaiHua, or other Chinese dialect. It just ain't gonna happen.

Bottom line for those who travel to China look for a face under 30 years of age and say, "Hello, do you speak English." Guess what, they do. And, not only that they will help you to find your way or hook you up with someone who can.

Maybe it's changed recently, but my experience with Chinese people attempting to speak English have been a disaster. There was this guy from China that worked with me in Montreal who's English was so bad, that I had to communicate with him using an IM client. In fact once I moved to Asia, that was the only reliable way to communicate with customers I had in HK and Taiwan.

On the other end of the spectrum, Filipinos, Indians, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis all had good English skills, especially Filipinos.