LibCampFireClub

It’s official: America is now No. 2

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

When China gives it's citizens equal rights and stop killing and oppressing the Tibetans and reduce it mass population of poor people give me a ring. And I don't mean build a wall so when people visit for the Olympics they don't see the masses of poor people there, I mean actually help their poor people and give them more than 2 cents a day.

China giving their people anything is what got them into the mess they're in. Communism is dead. Want something? Work for it. That's how you have a somewhat successful society. It's been proven over and over in the last 100 years.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

When China gives it's citizens equal rights and stop killing and oppressing the Tibetans and reduce it mass population of poor people give me a ring. And I don't mean build a wall so when people visit for the Olympics they don't see the masses of poor people there, I mean actually help their poor people and give them more than 2 cents a day.

Your impression of China deviates from reality somewhat.

Filed: Other Timeline

I call your liberal links and raise you a trip to China where you can view it and see it for yourself. Remember, your eyes tell you a lot more than what some government propaganda does.

Timeline

From YOUR article

"China is the first developing country to achieve the United Nations Millennium Development Goal of reducing by half the number of its people living in extreme poverty and hunger. Its reform-driven economic growth, together with a well-funded national poverty reduction programme, has brought about a major reduction in rural poverty."

"China has witnessed unparalleled economic growth that has fuelled a remarkable increase in per capita income and a decline in poverty. The economy, which has since become the second largest in the world, has performed well in recent years, even against the backdrop of the worldwide financial crisis and soaring food prices."

Edited by Operator

From YOUR article

"China is the first developing country to achieve the United Nations Millennium Development Goal of reducing by half the number of its people living in extreme poverty and hunger. Its reform-driven economic growth, together with a well-funded national poverty reduction programme, has brought about a major reduction in rural poverty."

"China has witnessed unparalleled economic growth that has fuelled a remarkable increase in per capita income and a decline in poverty. The economy, which has since become the second largest in the world, has performed well in recent years, even against the backdrop of the worldwide financial crisis and soaring food prices."

Good find. You actually took the time to read the links she posted, which most of us, including me did not.

Timeline

Don't tell her that minorities in China are exempt from the 1 child policy and get extra points on university entrance exams and pay a lower tuition, her head might explode.

Don't tell her that minorities in China are exempt from the 1 child policy and get extra points on university entrance exams and pay a lower tuition, her head might explode.

Indeed. Having traveled to Guizhou, Yunnan, Beijing, Guangdong, Shanxi, Xian, Lijiang, Linfen, Nanjing, and countless other cities I have seen a people who are resilient. There are no welfare lines in China. There are no handouts. Yet, the people survive in the oldest culture on earth. I spent hours traveling by car and then hiked through mountains to villages that have rarely seen anyone from the outside world. China is a country on the move in every way. They are NOT modeled from the West, but rather from 7000 years of Chinese history.

I call your liberal links and raise you a trip to China where you can view it and see it for yourself. Remember, your eyes tell you a lot more than what some government propaganda does.

I see your trip to China(been there) and raise you a trip down here to St. Louis. You know, your eyes tell you a lot more than what some government propaganda does.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I see your trip to China(been there) and raise you a trip down here to St. Louis. You know, your eyes tell you a lot more than what some government propaganda does.

Keep your St. Louis. I've seen what you and your fiends have done to America. Good luck and enjoy it.

Keep your St. Louis. I've seen what you and your fiends have done to America. Good luck and enjoy it.

So, do as you say, but not as you do? Way to lead from the rear.

And pray tell, what have I done to America? You don't know any of my friends. I serve my country proudly with honor, courage, commitment(can't believe I just said that).

Edited by Marvin and Su

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Did I ask you about minorities? People in China are killing their babies while in the womb because they want boys to lead the family name. What is the male to women ratio in China?

Did I ask you about minorities? People in China are killing their babies while in the womb because they want boys to lead the family name. What is the male to women ratio in China?

I thought you were espousing facts? Right? The millions of minorities in China are also a part of the country. Kinda like YOU. So, what's with the question? Every one on earth knows that China has a one-child policy. But, that policy does not apply to the ethnic minorities of China.

Timeline

You didn't ask me about anything to be sure. But I might suggest that before you make a broad sweeping generalization about a country of which you obviously know very little maybe you should take a minute and ask someone that knows a little bit. And not just what they read on the internet but first hand knowledge.

So since you brought up killing of babies in the womb; or as most people call it abortion, China has a lower abortion rate than Latin America, most of Africa and Eastern Europe. There is an issue of sex selective abortion thus the reason for outlawing ultrasound to determine the sex of the baby.

The sex ratio of men to women across all of China is almost impossible to know factually. The official population is even speculative. Most estimates across all ages is about 1.06 which is lower than India (2nd largest population). It's also lower than the wealthiest nations in the Middle East. The CIA estimates it at birth to be 1.12 but who believes the CIA?