799 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We are waiting for the interview right now. And I realized that forgot original of my birth certificate from Russia! I have a copy and an translation though...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We are waiting for the interview right now. And I realized that forgot original of my birth certificate from Russia! I have a copy and an translation though...

Okay the interview went great we were approved on the spot. Copy of the birth certificate with translation worked!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi december filers!:)

had my interview today for AOS from K1. It was a nice one, was so nervous but it went so well. It took only less than 30 minutes. We had 2 very nice interviewers,there's man asking questions and the other man is only observing and taking notes. I guess he's new to the job so he is a bit nervous too:D i have all the documents from the interview notice, so they just get all of those docs and then asked a little about our relationships. They didnt check our photos tho. It was like a casual talks, then after that they gave us a paper to sign and explain us about the removal condition and that's it! We are approved on the spot:) my status now online is "card was ordered to be produce" good luck to all of you guys!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi december filers! :)

had my interview today for AOS from K1. It was a nice one, was so nervous but it went so well. It took only less than 30 minutes. We had 2 very nice interviewers,there's man asking questions and the other man is only observing and taking notes. I guess he's new to the job so he is a bit nervous too:D i have all the documents from the interview notice, so they just get all of those docs and then asked a little about our relationships. They didnt check our photos tho. It was like a casual talks, then after that they gave us a paper to sign and explain us about the removal condition and that's it! We are approved on the spot:) my status now online is "card was ordered to be produce" good luck to all of you guys!

Congrats!

Okay the interview went great we were approved on the spot. Copy of the birth certificate with translation worked!

Congrats!

Hi december filers! :)

Congrats!

Filed: Timeline

APPROVED

Really enjoyed the interview. Was thanked for 500+ page filing packet. Heard we would be approved within minutes but we enjoyed a social

conversation for a while longer. USC was long term expat prior to filing.

I had so much anxiety about this process, its a good feeling to not have to fixate on this.

Edited by asisflyer

Timeline

APPROVED

Really enjoyed the interview. Was thanked for 500+ page filing packet. Heard we would be approved within minutes but we enjoyed a social

conversation for a while longer. USC was long term expat prior to filing.

I had so much anxiety about this process, its a good feeling to not have to fixate on this.

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey, just checking in to see if anyone with interview waivers has had any progress? We finally have a job opportunity lined up for my husband. He went in for the final interview today and we are praying for a call back today as the interviewer he saw seemed confident the boss liked my husband. We really need some movement on this waiver. How long do the waivers last for since we got it months ago and the website still shows his fingerprint stage from back in November??

I-129F sent 11-27-13

NOA 1 email 12-5-13

NOA 1 Hardcopy received 12-13-13

Alien Reg Number Assigned 12-17-13

NOA 2 text/email 4-23-14

Sent to NVC 5-6-14 Received 5-14-14

Left NVC 5-19-14 Arrived in Sydney 5-23-14

Interview Email received 5/27/14

Interview 6/24/14

Wedding 8/2/14!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS packet delivered 9/11/14

NOA1 texts 9/17/14

Biometrics appt: 10/6/14. We had 2 appts on dif days, but got both done at once and was in and out in 30min at the Nashville location.

EAD Notice: 11/25

EAD Received with wrong b-day 12/4 Contacted on Dec 13th to send it back and they will determine the next step about reissuing it.

EAD fixed by going to an infopass appt. The woman was able to fix it in the system and said don't waste the $ on a new EAD.

Potential Interview Waiver Received 3/2/15

Green Card in hand 7/29/15!!!

Hey, just checking in to see if anyone with interview waivers has had any progress? We finally have a job opportunity lined up for my husband. He went in for the final interview today and we are praying for a call back today as the interviewer he saw seemed confident the boss liked my husband. We really need some movement on this waiver. How long do the waivers last for since we got it months ago and the website still shows his fingerprint stage from back in November??

Welcome to the club! No progress at all (check the specific forum on interview waivers). We should wait 9-12 months from the date of filling....

Sorry I am confused but you have an EAD so why do you need a GC to start working?

AOS Timeline

Adjusting from a K1 visa

NOA - December 27, 2014

Biometrics - January 20, 2015

EAD/AP - March 9, 2015

NPIW - April 20, 2015

GC being produced August 1,2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Welcome to the club! No progress at all (check the specific forum on interview waivers). We should wait 9-12 months from the date of filling....

Sorry I am confused but you have an EAD so why do you need a GC to start working?

It's seeming to be more of a matter to potential employers than anything. He has a driver's license, but it says it's temporary. He has the EAD, but no idea when he can get a GC. These things shouldn't matter, but they do when all of his work history is in Australia and we keep hitting walls on getting anywhere. I know there are probably several on here that are in our position, we need to get him working because there is always the risk that something could happen to me as I have a health condition, or that his daughter will need to come to the states which puts us in a whole other catagory.

I-129F sent 11-27-13

NOA 1 email 12-5-13

NOA 1 Hardcopy received 12-13-13

Alien Reg Number Assigned 12-17-13

NOA 2 text/email 4-23-14

Sent to NVC 5-6-14 Received 5-14-14

Left NVC 5-19-14 Arrived in Sydney 5-23-14

Interview Email received 5/27/14

Interview 6/24/14

Wedding 8/2/14!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS packet delivered 9/11/14

NOA1 texts 9/17/14

Biometrics appt: 10/6/14. We had 2 appts on dif days, but got both done at once and was in and out in 30min at the Nashville location.

EAD Notice: 11/25

EAD Received with wrong b-day 12/4 Contacted on Dec 13th to send it back and they will determine the next step about reissuing it.

EAD fixed by going to an infopass appt. The woman was able to fix it in the system and said don't waste the $ on a new EAD.

Potential Interview Waiver Received 3/2/15

Green Card in hand 7/29/15!!!

Filed: Timeline

Our Interview Experience...

Our inteview was held at the Chicago office at 101 W. Congress Pkwy on 5/18/2015 at 8:30 am. We got there around 8:0 and found parking right across the street at a garage. Right when we walked in we had to go through security which is identical to the airport security where we had to take our shoes belt jacket watch wallet etc off. After going through security we were directed b the signs to go to the second floor for green cards. We handed our interview letter to the lady at the counter and she assigned us with a number and a door (there are 4 doors) and we had door 1. All this took about 10 minutes. We waited for about 10 more minutes and our number was called by a middle aged african-american lady. She was very kind polite and not intimidating at all. We walked through some doors and hallways and arrived to her office.

She sat us down and asked for our Id's. We both gave our drivers license which had the same address and last names since my wife moved in and changed her last name after marriage (She is the citizen applying for my AOS). After looking at our ID's she smiled and told us she is going to place us under oath and swore us in by asking us to raise our right hand and saying yes. After that she started looking through the forms and asked for original birth cirtificates marriage license passports. So my wife handed it to her. She browsed through everything and asked my wife "So when did you guys first meet" So my wife responded saying "it was about 8 years ago and we met through a cousin of hers" Hearing that she responded in a joking way that WHAT TOOK YOU GUYS SO LONG and started laughing and said I see couples who get married within 2 months of meeting. After that she commented towards me saying you have been here since you were a kid i see. And i responded yes ive been here for around 20 years now. And she also asked my how i proposed so i told her the story and we also had an album of our proposal so i walked her through the album and sort or narrated it to her. She was pleased with that. Then my wife gave her the wedding album, our honeymoon album and just some random pictures with friends and family on other trips that we took together. She Removed abt 7-9 pics and kept it in our file. She then proceeded to ask me the YES/NO questions o whihc i answered all NO. Then she asked if we have anything else for her such as bank statements etc. So we gave have two different joint account bank statements and also some docs that showed my wife is the beneficiar to my life insurance as well as some docs that show that she is covered under my medical/dental/vision insurance through work as a spouse. We also had our tax papers and paystubs but she said no this is more than enough. And after about 10 minutes of talking/questioning she said im going to APPROVE you because frankly i cant think of anything to ask you and laughed. Then she wrote APPROVED with a red pen on our file and said we are completely swamped for the day so as soon as i can i will approve it in the system and went on to tell us about the 2 year green card and how i can renew it 90 days prior to the expiration date.

She then walked us out we shook her hand and said thank you and nice to meet you and we were on our way out. Oh yes she made us sign our application after writing approved on it. Over all it was super simple and not nerve wrecking at all. I think what helped us the most was the fact that my wife (the citizen) had her name changed on her passport and social security card. She also got her new ID with the same address and new name. Our bank statements also had same last names and address. And also we had plenty of pictures and our weddin was huge (about 500 ppl) so there were tons of pictures. For us it was more a conversation than an interview. I personally think she just wanted to see our original docs and thats about it. Oh yes she did comment on my wifes ring and my wedding band so please dont forget to wear that. This morning i got a text that our status has been changed so i logged on and it said the card is being produced.

Here is my Timeline

12/04/2014 : Date of application

12/31/2014 : Biometrics

01/08/2015 : Responded to RFE

04/15/2015 : Got Interview Notice for 5/18/2015

05/18/2015 : Had the Interview in Chicago

05/19/2015 : Card Being Produced.

Hope this helps and good luck to everbody!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone:)

just an update, i received my resident card today! here is my timeline:

Adjusting from K1

date filed: December 12, 2014

Bio Apt: January 16, 2015

Interview Date: May 11, 2015 - Approved the same day

Welcome Notice: May 14, 2015

Resident card received: May 20, 2015

good luck December filers! i hope all of you will soon be done with all this processes as well. take care everyone :)

Edited by mandypinkmind

Timeline

Our Interview Experience...

Our inteview was held at the Chicago office at 101 W. Congress Pkwy on 5/18/2015 at 8:30 am. We got there around 8:0 and found parking right across the street at a garage. Right when we walked in we had to go through security which is identical to the airport security where we had to take our shoes belt jacket watch wallet etc off. After going through security we were directed b the signs to go to the second floor for green cards. We handed our interview letter to the lady at the counter and she assigned us with a number and a door (there are 4 doors) and we had door 1. All this took about 10 minutes. We waited for about 10 more minutes and our number was called by a middle aged african-american lady. She was very kind polite and not intimidating at all. We walked through some doors and hallways and arrived to her office.

She sat us down and asked for our Id's. We both gave our drivers license which had the same address and last names since my wife moved in and changed her last name after marriage (She is the citizen applying for my AOS). After looking at our ID's she smiled and told us she is going to place us under oath and swore us in by asking us to raise our right hand and saying yes. After that she started looking through the forms and asked for original birth cirtificates marriage license passports. So my wife handed it to her. She browsed through everything and asked my wife "So when did you guys first meet" So my wife responded saying "it was about 8 years ago and we met through a cousin of hers" Hearing that she responded in a joking way that WHAT TOOK YOU GUYS SO LONG and started laughing and said I see couples who get married within 2 months of meeting. After that she commented towards me saying you have been here since you were a kid i see. And i responded yes ive been here for around 20 years now. And she also asked my how i proposed so i told her the story and we also had an album of our proposal so i walked her through the album and sort or narrated it to her. She was pleased with that. Then my wife gave her the wedding album, our honeymoon album and just some random pictures with friends and family on other trips that we took together. She Removed abt 7-9 pics and kept it in our file. She then proceeded to ask me the YES/NO questions o whihc i answered all NO. Then she asked if we have anything else for her such as bank statements etc. So we gave have two different joint account bank statements and also some docs that showed my wife is the beneficiar to my life insurance as well as some docs that show that she is covered under my medical/dental/vision insurance through work as a spouse. We also had our tax papers and paystubs but she said no this is more than enough. And after about 10 minutes of talking/questioning she said im going to APPROVE you because frankly i cant think of anything to ask you and laughed. Then she wrote APPROVED with a red pen on our file and said we are completely swamped for the day so as soon as i can i will approve it in the system and went on to tell us about the 2 year green card and how i can renew it 90 days prior to the expiration date.

She then walked us out we shook her hand and said thank you and nice to meet you and we were on our way out. Oh yes she made us sign our application after writing approved on it. Over all it was super simple and not nerve wrecking at all. I think what helped us the most was the fact that my wife (the citizen) had her name changed on her passport and social security card. She also got her new ID with the same address and new name. Our bank statements also had same last names and address. And also we had plenty of pictures and our weddin was huge (about 500 ppl) so there were tons of pictures. For us it was more a conversation than an interview. I personally think she just wanted to see our original docs and thats about it. Oh yes she did comment on my wifes ring and my wedding band so please dont forget to wear that. This morning i got a text that our status has been changed so i logged on and it said the card is being produced.

Here is my Timeline

12/04/2014 : Date of application

12/31/2014 : Biometrics

01/08/2015 : Responded to RFE

04/15/2015 : Got Interview Notice for 5/18/2015

05/18/2015 : Had the Interview in Chicago

05/19/2015 : Card Being Produced.

Hope this helps and good luck to everbody!!!!!!

Congrats!

hello everyone:)

just an update, i received my resident card today! here is my timeline:

Adjusting from K1

date filed: December 12, 2014

Bio Apt: January 16, 2015

Interview Date: May 11, 2015 - Approved the same day

Welcome Notice: May 14, 2015

Resident card received: May 20, 2015

good luck December filers! i hope all of you will soon be done with all this processes as well. take care everyone :)

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.