We Keep Receipts

Van Jones: Charles Barkley’s Comments Were ‘Inflammatory,’ ‘Irresponsible’ and ‘Dangerous’

236 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can understand why some black folks don't like what he said. He talks about personal responsibility and there being consequences for your actions. That goes against everything these race hustlers stand for. They believe in no personal responsibility and blaming race for everything that doesn't go you way.

I hope more people like Barkley speak out. Then maybe we can move forward on this issue.

I can't believe that we listen to anything CB has to say about anything that is not occurring on a court (of basketball not law). Were his expressions of outrage really about moving forward? I doubt it, like all of the diarrhea that foams forth from his mouth, they are designed to keep him in the spotlight on him for reason of ego and making money. People who need to have their views validated get some sort of kick out of quoting him. Is his view on race in America really more valid because he is black?

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I can't believe that we listen to anything CB has to say about anything that is not occurring on a court (of basketball not law). Were his expressions of outrage really about moving forward? I doubt it, like all of the diarrhea that foams forth from his mouth, they are designed to keep him in the spotlight on him for reason of ego and making money. People who need to have their views validated get some sort of kick out of quoting him. Is his view on race in America really more valid because he is black?

I'd say he carries about as much clout as Al Sharpton or Benjamin Crump. At least Charles Barkley didn't make his living off the misery of others. I think Al Sharpton has exclusivity when it comes to verbal diarrhea.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

I'd say he carries about as much clout as Al Sharpton or Benjamin Crump. At least Charles Barkley didn't make his living off the misery of others. I think Al Sharpton has exclusivity when it comes to verbal diarrhea.

" At least Charles Barkley didn't make his living off the misery of others.."

I dont know about that ..he makes my head hurt to listen to him

"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan." -Charles Barkley

Edit : Ooops guess three fingers and a thumb pointing back at me "People who need to have their views validated get some sort of kick out of quoting him"

Edited by Rob L

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

I wish I had the power to make comments which would require a national dialogue regarding those comments. No, wait, I don't.

You do. Your comments are seen all over the world by USCs, foreign students, foreign spouses and fiances, etc. Start your own topic of discussion. I will support you!

Timeline

Charles' message is all about personal responsibility. The libs hate that kind of thing. They love telling black folks all their problems are due to the white man, and they have no role in it at all. Pretty sad really. All for some votes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You do. Your comments are seen all over the world by USCs, foreign students, foreign spouses and fiances, etc. Start your own topic of discussion. I will support you!

Meh, my comments on vj don't get nearly the national news coverage that barley's bi-annual societal observations do.

Meh, my comments on vj don't get nearly the national news coverage that barley's bi-annual societal observations do.

Barkley has diarrhea at the mouth. Many people love to watch others make fools of themselves. Look at how popular the Kardashians are.

Timeline

Barkley has diarrhea at the mouth. Many people love to watch others make fools of themselves. Look at how popular the Kardashians are.

You have to admit for all his shortcomings, at least he is not a Kardashian

No, you hope more people blame black people.

It's amazing that when it comes to race, we look towards Charles Barkley or any black person who blames a black person for their problems. Don't mind that a black kid gets killed playing with a toy gun, that's his fault. But a serial shooter can shoot kill folks and be taken into custody with no problems, if you're white. Talking on the phone in Wal-mart with a toy gun will get you killed as a black man, but walking down the street with a real one strapped to your body, no worries, if you're white.

I think it's important to point out that in the case of Michael Brown it's possible to blame Mr. Brown for the outcome of his confrontation with law enforcement and not deserve to have that valid opinion blown in to a larger allegation that the opinion reflects an allegation about all incidents of people of color getting shot.

Assault on an officer can get you dead. No more complicated or complex than that. Simple really.

His death has no relation to actual cases of innocent black kids getting shot playing with toy guns. No relation to innocent victims of police harassment of innocent black people just walking down the street.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

I think it's important to point out that in the case of Michael Brown it's possible to blame Mr. Brown for the outcome of his confrontation with law enforcement and not deserve to have that valid opinion blown in to a larger allegation that the opinion reflects an allegation about all incidents of people of color getting shot.

Assault on an officer can get you dead. No more complicated or complex than that. Simple really.

His death has no relation to actual cases of innocent black kids getting shot playing with toy guns. No relation to innocent victims of police harassment of innocent black people just walking down the street.

Agreed. The minority community keeps choosing the incidents where there is zero evidence of racism. First the TM/GZ thing, now this Michael Brown situation. Surely there's plenty of REAL cases of racism out there.

Timeline

Agreed. The minority community keeps choosing the incidents where there is zero evidence of racism. First the TM/GZ thing, now this Michael Brown situation. Surely there's plenty of REAL cases of racism out there.

I am sure you are wrong and we would be hard pressed to find REAL cases of racism in America, unless of course you count all the cases of discrimination against white people due to double standards being applied.

You have to admit for all his shortcomings, at least he is not a Kardashian

Yes, he accomplished as a basketball player. This I can definitely admit. However, he was hired as a commentator because he is always shooting off at the mouth and people never know what he is going to say.

Filed: Other Timeline

i personally don't think it's about being black enough. i think when it comes to someone like charles barkley, who is famous and wealthy, folks disconnect from what he has to say because his personal reality is not the same as the people he's directing his comments to.

everybody knows that if you have money, more often than not, you can get out of trouble if you happen to find yourself in some. so people hear charles barkley go on about personal responsibility or whatever - well personal responsibility is quite different for someone who is poor and stuck in life.

Just click your heels together and say:

"There's no such thing as a black conservative. There's no such thing as a black conservative."

hx6tu8.jpg

Timeline

I am sure you are wrong and we would be hard pressed to find REAL cases of racism in America, unless of course you count all the cases of discrimination against white people due to double standards being applied.

So where is the evidence of racism in either the Sanford case or the Ferguson case? I know you want it to be racism, but I need a little more evidence than that. If I told you the moon is made out of cheese, would you take my word for it?