We Keep Receipts

Van Jones: Charles Barkley’s Comments Were ‘Inflammatory,’ ‘Irresponsible’ and ‘Dangerous’

236 posts in this topic

That's cherry picking? Advocating someone's message you agree with? I thought that's what this message board format was all about. Guess not.

just saying, you're cherry picking so don't be so surprised that not all black people support whatever falls out of another black persons mouth just because they share the same skin color.

and honestly? yes i consider most comments from white people concerning what it is to be black in this country, invalid. i wouldn't expect a black person to be able to tell me what it's like to live as a white girl.

And I would seriously like black people to stop telling me about "white privilege". They have no idea what it's like living as a white person.

I listen to the Police or Men at Work. Or that I played D&D religiously when I had the time. Or that time when I met my guild from WOW in Seattle and it was, you're black? Most folks think I'm white when I speak over the phone or even when they meet me, it's been said more than once I'm an Oreo.

Val is experienced with other makeups of people. A large chunk of the population likes to stay in their lane, so to speak. I don't think Val is acting like a black girl from the hood. She likes rap music and has dated outside her race(something a lot of people do, as evident here). Her experiences have shaped her view in a different way. If you grow up around black people and actually insert yourself into their lives, you tend to see what their struggles are.

The Police. check

Men at Work. check

D&D. check

WoW. check.

Marvin, I believe we are twins.

And I would seriously like black people to stop telling me about "white privilege". They have no idea what it's like living as a white person.

well that's why i talk about white privilege to any white person who will listen.

no matter what, ya'll can't take my membership card.

Edited by val erie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

just saying, you're cherry picking so don't be so surprised that not all black people support whatever falls out of another black persons mouth just because they share the same skin color.

That's quite an assumption you just made there. I never claimed that all black people should share the same opinion just because it came out of another black person's mouth. Are you seeing things that aren't there again? In fact I claimed just the opposite. I think it's nice to have a black person that doesn't toe the victimhood line like most black leaders.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

That's quite an assumption you just made there. I never claimed that all black people should share the same opinion just because it came out of another black person's mouth. Are you seeing things that aren't there again? In fact I claimed just the opposite. I think it's nice to have a black person that doesn't toe the victimhood line like most black leaders.

i made that assumption because you were questioning why marvin doesn't feel the same way.

Timeline

i made that assumption because you were questioning why marvin doesn't feel the same way.

You Marvin's spokesperson now? Pretty cool he has his own white girl carrying his water.

Filed: Other Timeline

Speaking of 'cherry-picking, it's well known that conservative blacks are routinely rejected and maligned by liberal blacks. Conservative viewpoints are rejected by the NAACP. There appears to be an invisible memo out there that determines whether or not someone is the right kind of black.

NAACP Rejects Black Conservatives From National Conference
2v2ws53.jpg
According to author and Fox News contributor Deneen Borelli and her husband, Tom Borelli, black conservatives have been blacklisted from the NAACP's national conferences for years. When the Borellis, who are employees of the conservative group FreedomWorks, attempted to pay for booth space at this year's 104th National NAACP conference in Florida, they were told there was no room for them despite plenty of exhibit space remaining open.
Edited by ExExpat

He has an opinion and he stated it. I don't think he has stated that he is or wants to be the spokesperson for all black people. Just because you disagree with his opinion, you're now attacking him personally, rather than his opinion. So people that have a criminal record are not allowed to talk about other people with a criminal record? If that's the case Al and Jesse should be prohibited from sharing their opinions on TV.

Who are the right people to talk about race? The people you agree with?

I find your opposition to him very interesting. I guess since he's not carrying the black victimhood message like he's supposed to, you find him threatening to your position that all black folks are victims?

Then why talk to him? Hmm. There are thousands of people who live with the "issues" that Barkley dismiss, they're everywhere. Yet those voices don't get heard. Every time race is brought up, the only black person anyone wants to talk to is the one saying racism doesn't exist. His opinion has people like you now saying it's on me. That's my problem with his opinion. It's racism logic. 90% black people say racism is still rampart, it can't be true. 10% say it's not, let's go with that. Because 10% is greater than 90% when it comes to racism.

The right people are the folks living there. Try going to Ferguson and talk to the people that are being profiled. Talk to the folks that talk about a city that has over 70% black people living there, but no black cops or black elected officials. Talk to my boss, she lives 2 blocks from where Brown was killed.

My opposition is when it comes to race, some white people don't want to talk about it unless we're the cause of our demise. That's the only conversation you're interested in having.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You Marvin's spokesperson now? Pretty cool he has his own white girl carrying his water.

please refer back to your earlier comments regarding the purpose of an internet forum..

well, it would be nice to know what exactly you observed to form such an opinion of me. because i just lost quite a bit of intraweb respect for you. not that it matters in the slightest.

Did you? Call me kooky, but I don't make the snarky type of comments that you do (like the one below) to people I respect.

i think probably just don't talk about something you can't grasp. ya'll keep bringing the two of them up and no one cares about them. i know that's not how certain media outlets portray things, life is hard huh.

Timeline

Then why talk to him? Hmm. There are thousands of people who live with the "issues" that Barkley dismiss, they're everywhere. Yet those voices don't get heard. Every time race is brought up, the only black person anyone wants to talk to is the one saying racism doesn't exist. His opinion has people like you now saying it's on me. That's my problem with his opinion. It's racism logic. 90% black people say racism is still rampart, it can't be true. 10% say it's not, let's go with that. Because 10% is greater than 90% when it comes to racism.

The right people are the folks living there. Try going to Ferguson and talk to the people that are being profiled. Talk to the folks that talk about a city that has over 70% black people living there, but no black cops or black elected officials. Talk to my boss, she lives 2 blocks from where Brown was killed.

My opposition is when it comes to race, some white people don't want to talk about it unless we're the cause of our demise. That's the only conversation you're interested in having.

:rofl:

You have got to be kidding me. That's all you hear. It's all racism racism racism. Even where no evidence of it exists. Did you just drop a hit of acid that erased your memory or something?

Did you? Call me kooky, but I don't make the snarky type of comments that you do (like the one below) to people I respect.

seriously? that quote is the best you can come up with? the al and jesse bit is played out man. it is annoying to see you guys bring them up over and over and over and over. yeah i was a little surprised to see you jumping that bandwagon but hey - whatever floats your boat. sorry i was too snarky for you. but telling someone they act outside of their race (which is wrong all by itself) or misrepresent where they are from (which you completely pulled out of your bum) is a couple levels above snark, registering closer to plain old shitty in my book.

Filed: Other Timeline

:rofl:

You have got to be kidding me. That's all you hear. It's all racism racism racism. Even where no evidence of it exists. Did you just drop a hit of acid that erased your memory or something?

They put blinders on race horses to keep them focused on the goal and to block out the periphery. It's very clear that Marv is wearing the extra large size.

Edited by ExExpat

guess you're just noticing what happens when you have a different opinion.

Just an observation, but I've found that the rudest people on this site are almost always on the left. Of course, the most extreme are on the right.

Honestly, there are very, very few here I would ever want to know in real life.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So where is the evidence of racism in either the Sanford case or the Ferguson case? I know you want it to be racism, but I need a little more evidence than that. If I told you the moon is made out of cheese, would you take my word for it?

How can you presume to know what I want? I don't think I have weighed in on either of these cases in this forum.

My statement was blatant sarcasm direct at the raft of folks to insist on posting incendiary comments and then get butt hurt when called out.

If you told me the moon was made out of cheese I would put my loose dollar bills into your hat, quietly move off and make a note not to walk down that block again.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265