We Keep Receipts

Van Jones: Charles Barkley’s Comments Were ‘Inflammatory,’ ‘Irresponsible’ and ‘Dangerous’

236 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

and that's not a white exclusive category. no one ever says the 'white community' needs to stop being insane and going on shooting rampages.

Because no one in the white community is running around claiming racism every chance they get. They can't. It's apples and oranges the minute people start screaming racism.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Because no one in the white community is running around claiming racism every chance they get. They can't. It's apples and oranges the minute people start screaming racism.

that's because we don't experience racism. maybe one day, when the chinese take over, we'll get a taste of it. i don't know. i just think it's childish to say the black "community" is running around claiming racism 'every chance they get'. it's an oversimplification of recent events.

How can they? Who holds them back? How many articles are written where white folks go to all black establishments and told we can't hire you because you're white? There isn't a single business that is run by black people that keeps white people out. The only exception is the CBC(which I wish they would get rid of).

No one aspires to be in a exclusive black place. You want Harvard, not Howard.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

that's because we don't experience racism. maybe one day, when the chinese take over, we'll get a taste of it. i don't know. i just think it's childish to say the black "community" is running around claiming racism 'every chance they get'. it's an oversimplification of recent events.

Oversimplification? That's funny. :rofl: This whole thing is oversimplification. "The guy was shot dead by the cop because he was black" The only real effort put into finding the truth was done by the cops, the prosecutor, and a few other folks. Seems a lot of black folks have no interest in the truth. "By god it's racism, and that's all there is to it!!!! I don't care what evidence you show me!!!"

What's really childish is sticking your head and the sand and ignoring the facts presented.

Oversimplification? That's funny. :rofl: This whole thing is oversimplification. "The guy was shot dead by the cop because he was black" The only real effort put into finding the truth was done by the cops, the prosecutor, and a few other folks. Seems a lot of black folks have no interest in the truth. "By god it's racism, and that's all there is to it!!!! I don't care what evidence you show me!!!"

What's really childish is sticking your head and the sand and ignoring the facts presented.

well, i don't think mb was shot simply because he was black. and i've never said that.

lots of talk about the prosecutors efforts, that's true, i'm sure you'll be hearing more about that in the future.

Timeline

How can they? Who holds them back? How many articles are written where white folks go to all black establishments and told we can't hire you because you're white? There isn't a single business that is run by black people that keeps white people out. The only exception is the CBC(which I wish they would get rid of).

No one aspires to be in a exclusive black place. You want Harvard, not Howard.

Exactly, they can't. I wish I could blame that job I didn't get or that guy that cut me off, or whatever on racist policies that were around before I was even born. That would be freaking awesome!!!

That girl wouldn't go out with me? It's cause she's racist!! I didn't get that loan? The bank is a bunch of racists, not because my credit sucks. Didn't get that job? That company is a bunch of racists, not because I wasn't qualified. I assaulted a cop and tried to take his weapon and ended up dead? It's racism I tell ya! Has to be. Anything that absolves me of my responsibility in the matter.

Considering the track record black people have had with cops, few black people trust them. And considering how many black people have been murdered and their killers go to court and get off, seems like there's a reason for the mistrust.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

The only ones I ever see lumping all blacks together are other black people. And when one of them doesn't tow the company line like Charles Barkley, they're outcast and vilified as an Uncle Tom or not being black enough.

Edited by Teddy B

Timeline

Considering the track record black people have had with cops, few black people trust them. And considering how many black people have been murdered and their killers go to court and get off, seems like there's a reason for the mistrust.

It's one thing to mistrust. It's something entirely different to outright lie and make up your own facts. It's what I've been harping on since the TM/GZ business. There's gonna be a real case of racism where somebody is killed. I don't doubt that at all. People are idiots. When that happens, you and I will be on the same side. In the mean time, keep it up with your phony racism claims. You lose more credibility with every post.

The only ones I ever see lumping all blacks together are other black people. And when one of them doesn't tow the company line like Charles Barkley, they're outcast and vilified as an Uncle Tom or not being black enough.

Where's the thumbs down button?

It's one thing to mistrust. It's something entirely different to outright lie and make up your own facts. It's what I've been harping on since the TM/GZ business. There's gonna be a real case of racism where somebody is killed. I don't doubt that at all. People are idiots. When that happens, you and I will be on the same side. In the mean time, keep it up with your phony racism claims. You lose more credibility with every post.

the 'racism claims' from the tm/gz situation boil down to why mall cop was following tm in the first place. plain and simple.

The problem I see with the system is this, the prosecutors are friends with the police department. The prosecutors are not going to send their friends to jail. In cases that involve deaths at the hands of the police, a special prosecutor should be called in that is unfriendly with the local police to handle the case. This would insure proper justice is served or tried for civilians.

And when one of them doesn't tow the company line like Charles Barkley, they're outcast and vilified as an Uncle Tom or not being black enough.

what are they outcast from? who is vilifying them for not being black enough?

Timeline

you have to be kidding me.

No, I bet he's not. It's what I was talking about earlier. It's really convenient for black people to lump themselves together when they're playing the victim. However, when the tables are turned it's racism. See how that works? It's racism when it furthers your goals. When it doesn't, it's not racism. It's all mucked up. You can do this or say this and it's not racism, but if the person saying it is white then it's racism. There's all these special rules. Someone should write a book or a guide. Maybe Marvin.

the 'racism claims' from the tm/gz situation boil down to why mall cop was following tm in the first place. plain and simple.

Ok then why was he following him? Show me hard eveidence where he was following him because of his race. Don't produce some doctored NBC race baiting tape either.