Norwegian

Considering waiting it out in the US.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

I am considering waiting my processing time out in the US.

HELP ME OUT YALL!!!

I am Norwegian which makes us a visa waiver country. We get 90 day tourist visas.

I believe I can get it extended if needed.

My plan is to return to Stockholm for the visa interview, assuming I can get my physical/medical done in the US.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? Is this a dumb idea?

I have yet to get an answer from NVC, my 60 days are up a week ago and I've been told I have to wait an additional 42 days. No reason why.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

As I know Your medical has to be done in your home country

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

I am considering waiting my processing time out in the US.

HELP ME OUT YALL!!!

I am Norwegian which makes us a visa waiver country. We get 90 day tourist visas.

I believe I can get it extended if needed.

My plan is to return to Stockholm for the visa interview, assuming I can get my physical/medical done in the US.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? Is this a dumb idea?

I have yet to get an answer from NVC, my 60 days are up a week ago and I've been told I have to wait an additional 42 days. No reason why.

because the NVC is SUPER backlogged. If you only have another 45 days to wait at the NVC and then only wait for the interview ( usually scheduled 6 weeks out) you should probably wait in your country because you do need to get the medical there and who knows how long it takes to get the results. You could even ask your embassy to move up your interview once they get the file if you are in such a rush. Why waste money on airfare when you'll only be turning around and going back ?

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

because the NVC is SUPER backlogged. If you only have another 45 days to wait at the NVC and then only wait for the interview ( usually scheduled 6 weeks out) you should probably wait in your country because you do need to get the medical there and who knows how long it takes to get the results. You could even ask your embassy to move up your interview once they get the file if you are in such a rush. Why waste money on airfare when you'll only be turning around and going back ?

Well, I have no idea if it's 42 days and we will get a case complete or a checklist. I was not given a clear answer. I have waited my 60 days after sending in AOS and the beneficiary package.

I am totally left in the dark and I get no answers.

Well, I have no idea if it's 42 days and we will get a case complete or a checklist. I was not given a clear answer. I have waited my 60 days after sending in AOS and the beneficiary package.

I am totally left in the dark and I get no answers.

I read somewhere that the NVC is now telling everyone 90 days. The process seems to be more streamlined then when I went through there in April and May. They are just bombarded with approved cases and are having a hard time catching up. They don't update you along the way. You just have to call everyday if you want an update. I used to call 3 times a day. It saved me a ton of time. Others think its a waste of time. Its a personal choice I suppose.

As far as flying to the US and waiting it out... for me, it would be a huge waste of a flight. But if you have money like that, go for it. It seems to me buying a ticket last minute to go back for the medical would be very expensive.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

First - I'd say pay attention to the VWP duration of stay - violating that can be messy.

Second - to know something more, call into NVC (use a telephone) and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

VWP stays cannot be extended past the 90 days (except in emergencies, such as extreme weather preventing travel or severe illness).

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

You also need to have the medical by a panel physician approved by Stockholm, you cannot do it in the USA.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

As I know Your medical has to be done in your home country

I read somewhere that the NVC is now telling everyone 90 days. The process seems to be more streamlined then when I went through there in April and May. They are just bombarded with approved cases and are having a hard time catching up. They don't update you along the way. You just have to call everyday if you want an update. I used to call 3 times a day. It saved me a ton of time. Others think its a waste of time. Its a personal choice I suppose.

As far as flying to the US and waiting it out... for me, it would be a huge waste of a flight. But if you have money like that, go for it. It seems to me buying a ticket last minute to go back for the medical would be very expensive.

First - I'd say pay attention to the VWP duration of stay - violating that can be messy.

Second - to know something more, call into NVC (use a telephone) and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

VWP stays cannot be extended past the 90 days (except in emergencies, such as extreme weather preventing travel or severe illness).

I wouldn't chance it since you're so close, anyway.

You also need to have the medical by a panel physician approved by Stockholm, you cannot do it in the USA.

Thank you so much for your input.

Now, after getting some time to cool down, I realize that waiting it out in the US would be both a hassle nod very expensive. This process really brings out major anxiety. Gosh.

Our AOS fee has changed from paid to n/a so it appears like we may be in the home stretch. We haven't confirmed yet.

Thank god for this forum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Good luck!

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.