11 posts in this topic

Hi community,

So as most of you might know photos of yourself and your spouse during the relationship and marriage as well as wedding photos constitute kind of a 'persuasive' type of proof of a good faith marriage. My wife and I we certainly have plenty of those. However I was wondering how did you guys approach the filing of these photos as part of your immigration file. I mean I was thinking in pasting them with paste and tape to white sheets order them in chronological segregate the ones from the wedding ceremony itself from the rest and add some subtitles when it is in order to explain who is in the photo like for instance when there are relatives and so fort, for I think this adds 'authenticity' to the file if you will.

Other people I've heard nonetheless have used the sealed envelopes from Wal-Mart itself for instance to submit the pictures, I'm not a fan of this approach for I think it does not do justice to the photos as persuasive proof of your bona fide marriage, kind of isolated them from the rest of the file and encourages the immigration officer to just 'ignore' them for the most part.

So, what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your answers as always!

Edited by Jack88

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We printed out our pictures for the K1 petition, AOS, and now ROC, that we sent to USCIS, with a color laser printer on plain white copy paper. We arranged them any way we liked, added subtitles and dates (as necessary). We just wanted to get our point across, in a quick and easy manner.

YMMV.

Good luck on your interview.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi community,

So as most of you might know photos of yourself and your spouse during the relationship and marriage as well as wedding photos constitute kind of a 'persuasive' type of proof of a good faith marriage. My wife and I we certainly have plenty of those. However I was wondering how did you guys approach the filing of these photos as part of your immigration file. I mean I was thinking in pasting them with paste and tape to white sheets order them in chronological segregate the ones from the wedding ceremony itself from the rest and add some subtitles when it is in order to explain who is in the photo like for instance when there are relatives and so fort, for I think this adds 'authenticity' to the file if you will.

Other people I've heard nonetheless have used the sealed envelopes from Wal-Mart itself for instance to submit the pictures, I'm not a fan of this approach for I think it does not do justice to the photos as persuasive proof of your bona fide marriage, kind of isolated them from the rest of the file and encourages the immigration officer to just 'ignore' them for the most part.

So, what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your answers as always!

:time: This topic may require info that I need to know, but I have no clue what you filed for. Your profile says F-1 but that's all.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

:time: This topic may require info that I need to know, but I have no clue what you filed for. Your profile says F-1 but that's all.

Oh you got that one right man I haven't done that yet better get into it.

However just to give you a quick brief.

Being in the states for 2 years on a F-1 Students visa currently on its OPT phase the visa still good until 2017.

Married to a USA citizen college student like I was ;) for 7 Months. Currently, filing for AOS I-130 at the same time with I-485 and related pertaining forms.

Wrapping up the whole package to send.

About the pictures like I said I'm thinking to paste them on white sheets and add informative subtitles when is in order just to be able to better put across our point better like somebody said above, the point being we're the real deal :)

Edited by Jack88

Being in the states for 2 years on a F-1 Students visa currently on its OPT phase the visa still good until 2017.

Married to a USA citizen college student like I was ;) for 7 Months. Currently, filing for AOS I-130 at the same time with I-485 and related pertaining forms.

About the pictures like I said I'm thinking to paste them on white sheets and add informative subtitles when is in order just to be able to better put across our point better like somebody said above, the point being we're the real deal :)

Thanks for the info. My apologies. I meant it may contain info I need. I see it doesn't as it's I-130, which I have 0 experience with. Good luck on your latest journey.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Thanks for the info. My apologies. I meant it may contain info I need. I see it doesn't as it's I-130, which I have 0 experience with. Good luck on your latest journey.

No worries, soon enough God willing you will be in the part of the journey I'm about to embark right now.

Best of Luck!

Best thing to do is to print them out in color on letter size 8.5" x11" copy paper. I personally enlarged my photos and had one per page, but you can probably print two on each sheet of paper. I added subtitles to the bottom of each photo.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I sent couple of pictures with AOS, one with RoC and none with N-400. Never wrote anything on them. The bunch I sent with AoS, I put the in a clear plastic bag all together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

yea we stuck all the pictures in a word doc, captioned each picture with date, time, specific location and full names of all people in the photo. nothing too fancy.

Visit me at: http://littlealienmusings.blogspot.com/

06-2009 Granted Student Visa
09-2009 Entered the US for the 1st time via LAX, started school
12-2009 Met and dated the then-Boyfriend-now-Hubby
04-2010 Got an SSN through on-campus job
05-2011 Moved in with the then-Boyfriend-now-Hubby
03-2013 Filed I-765 for F-1 OPT
04-2013 Got engaged to the then-Fiance-now Hubby, worked part time on F-1 CPT
06-2013 Graduated with a B.S., F-1 OPT approved, worked full time on F-1 OPT
09-2013 Got married to the Hubby
10-2013 Filed I-485, I-130, I-693, I-864, G-325A's
11-2013 Biometrics, filed I-131
12-2013 I-131 approved (got a lawyer to expedite processing)
03-2014 Filed AR-11, I-865 for change of address
04-2014 Interview notice for Cinco de Mayo
05-2014 I-130/I-485 approved on the spot, I-551 mailed to new address within 7 calendar days

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I just put a stack of pictures (Wedding mostly, but also from first meeting to all travels we had) into a foil and sent them in... I really don't think they care about it much... Llike they want evidence, I sent it in and they can flip through them as much as they want or don't want :) If they want to see the evidence they will look at it no matter how it was sent in :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.