LibCampFireClub

The Charles Barkley Rant on Ferguson Grand Jury Decision That You Won’t Believe You’re Just Now Hearing

141 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We can have a discussion; but first we need honesty.

Good luck with that. Honesty went out the window months back concerning this case.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Here's the problem: We simply cannot have a discussion about the race problems here in the US. because too many are trying to make statements that are absolutely false. The link you posted about the apartment shooting. It was an accidental shooting, yet you want to equate it with a black guy being gunned down. The kid with the toy gun is tragic; but it's not like the cop went out looking to shoot a black kid.

There are issues with race but there can be no discussion if we can't at least be honest. If a black person is gunned down, let us know. Until that happens; people need to stop with all the dishonesty. The grand jury obviously did not feel there was anything close to "hands up, don't shoot", yet there are people still claiming that. The grand jury obviously did not feel that Brown was running away when he got shot, yet there are people still claiming that.

We can have a discussion; but first we need honesty.

Honesty isn't the problem. It's comparison. You're saying race has nothing to do with the things I mentioned. Fine. Show me on the other end of the spectrum where these things happen. Then we can have a conversation. When White and Asian people start being shot for the same reasons, we can say that police brutality is a universal problem. If you want to say that it's not about race, you have to show me that it happens on BOTH sides of the aisle. Because I've seen a few videos with white men and REAL guns who are talked down with very little force. Black men aren't given the same treatment with FAKE ones.

I think if Mike Brown did all that was implied and Wilson was justified, then folks are wrong. But no one knows what happened. And grand juries don't always get it right.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Honesty isn't the problem. It's comparison. You're saying race has nothing to do with the things I mentioned. Fine. Show me on the other end of the spectrum where these things happen. Then we can have a conversation. When White and Asian people start being shot for the same reasons, we can say that police brutality is a universal problem. If you want to say that it's not about race, you have to show me that it happens on BOTH sides of the aisle. Because I've seen a few videos with white men and REAL guns who are talked down with very little force. Black men aren't given the same treatment with FAKE ones.

That's not how it works. You don't claim racism with no evidence and then tell people to prove you wrong. It's like saying "god exists but I have no evidence. so it's up to you to prove to me that god does not exist"

You're making a claim and asking others to disprove your claim, yet you've offered no solid evidence of your claim in the first place.

That's not how it works. You don't claim racism with no evidence and then tell people to prove you wrong. It's like saying "god exists but I have no evidence. so it's up to you to prove to me that god does not exist"

You're making a claim and asking others to disprove your claim, yet you've offered no solid evidence of your claim in the first place.

Okay, what do all the cases I brought up have in common? They're all black males. I'm asking for someone to show me where does this happen with white males. Because if white men are being shot for grabbing a wallet, or walking in an apartment at night, or playing with a toy guy, then you could say it happens on both sides, so it can't be racist. But being shot for grabbing a wallet? Look up who that happens to. At least 2 people, and they both had dark skin.

Since it was said you can't prove folks are killing black men based on their skin color, I'm asking for proof of it happening on the other side. Since it can't be racism, why aren't other people that aren't black going through the same thing? White people get stopped, yet no one is getting blasted for grabbing a wallet.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I think if Mike Brown did all that was implied and Wilson was justified, then folks are wrong. But no one knows what happened. And grand juries don't always get it right.

White people don't do these things so they don't get shot.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Other Timeline

When libs get backed into a corner, they will do their best to talk about yo mama and her army boots. Remember, thug Michael was a dummass thinking he was more powerful than a police officer and his gun. Damned if he wasn't proven wrong this time. Far too often, our police officers lose their lives while protecting us.

Timeline

Okay, what do all the cases I brought up have in common? They're all black males. I'm asking for someone to show me where does this happen with white males. Because if white men are being shot for grabbing a wallet, or walking in an apartment at night, or playing with a toy guy, then you could say it happens on both sides, so it can't be racist. But being shot for grabbing a wallet? Look up who that happens to. At least 2 people, and they both had dark skin.

Since it was said you can't prove folks are killing black men based on their skin color, I'm asking for proof of it happening on the other side. Since it can't be racism, why aren't other people that aren't black going through the same thing? White people get stopped, yet no one is getting blasted for grabbing a wallet.

Again, you're not getting it. You're making a claim that the reason a black guy was killed reaching for his wallet is merely because he was black. You have zero evidence of this except that you can't find a similar case where this happened to a white person.

Do you see how silly that logic is?

Again, you're not getting it. You're making a claim that the reason a black guy was killed reaching for his wallet is merely because he was black. You have zero evidence of this except that you can't find a similar case where this happened to a white person.

Do you see how silly that logic is?

Then tell me, why was he shot? What action did he do that made the cop shoot him?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Then tell me, why was he shot? What action did he do that made the cop shoot him?

In which case? The Ferguson thing? That one is simple and you know the answer already. You just don't want to accept the answer. I can't help you with that.

And another thing, this is strike two with all this racism B.S. The thing in Sanford and now this. You do remember the story about chicken little? Everyday this ####### goes on, people are getting more and more de-sensitized. I comes off as an entire group of people whining about racism in a case where it doesn't exist. I'm 100% sure there is gonna be a REAL case of racism sometime int the future. I wonder how much attention it'll get.

In which case? The Ferguson thing? That one is simple and you know the answer already. You just don't want to accept the answer. I can't help you with that.

And another thing, this is strike two with all this racism B.S. The thing in Sanford and now this. You do remember the story about chicken little? Everyday this ####### goes on, people are getting more and more de-sensitized. I comes off as an entire group of people whining about racism in a case where it doesn't exist. I'm 100% sure there is gonna be a REAL case of racism sometime int the future. I wonder how much attention it'll get.

You have not answer Marv's question yet.

Who else gets shot for obeying police orders? Dam if you do dam if you don't. You obey and still get shot.

Filed: Other Timeline

Who else gets shot for obeying police orders? Dam if you do dam if you don't. You obey and still get shot.

Horseshit Janelle. Black men are not being killed in our streets and buried in trenches despite what CNN and MSNBC are preaching on the news.

Edited by ExExpat

Seriously Marvin, you posted about the guy being shot in the apartment at night. This is what was in the link:

"Officer Liang is left-handed, and he tried to turn the knob of the door that opens to the stairwell with that hand while also holding the gun, according to a high-ranking police official who was familiar with the investigation and who emphasized that the account could change. It appears that in turning the knob and pushing the door open, Officer Liang rotated the barrel of the gun down and accidentally fired, the official said. He and the other officer both jumped back into the hallway, and Officer Liang shouted something to the effect that he had accidentally fired his weapon, the official said."

There is absolutely nothing in this about race. It was an accidental shooting. This is why we can't have a discussion about race. To try to claim this has anything to do with race is just asinine.

Timeline

I asked him for clarification on his question. Is your English comprehension escaping you again?